[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are motorcycles more fun than cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: honda-cb500f-2016-masmoto_02.jpg (223KB, 1280x893px) Image search: [Google]
honda-cb500f-2016-masmoto_02.jpg
223KB, 1280x893px
Are motorcycles more fun than cars?
>>
File: c90-honda-cub.jpg (85KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
c90-honda-cub.jpg
85KB, 800x535px
Yeah 2bh.
>>
Depends on what you prefer driving.
>>
>>14590750
>>14590908

They are more fun per dollar
>>
>>14590908
gud bump fukhed
>>
For fun per dollar spent on a road-legal vehicle, you can't beat motorcycles. For off-road it's a matter of taste, but I prefer dirt bikes to 4-wheelers.

You're essentially straddling an engine bolted to two wheels and some suspension. My bike's considered a friendly commuter (small sport tourer). Its 600cc engine puts out 95ish HP, the bike weighs 450ish pounds wet. So my budget commuter bike hits 60mph in less than 4 seconds and does a 12-second quarter mile with a top speed in the 150ish range. It MSRP'd for $6499, and I got it for less than half that with 15k miles.

I love cars. Can't beat bikes for fun on the road. On the track, though, it's pretty close. In the dirt and trails, I'll take an enduro over a 4 wheeler, but that's purely subjective.
>>
>>14590989
Fz6?
>>
>>14590750
yes
>>
>>14590750
the more dangerous it is the more fun it is so yes
>>
yes way more fun
learn to ride on something easy, get the scary parts out of the way, and you'll have a blast on anything
>>
>>14591026
yep
Yamaha a best. Until the FJ-09 was announced no other bike really tempted me in a serious "i need to resist selling the FZ6 and financing a FJ-09" kind of way.
>>
>>14590750
Two pretty different kinds.
Two wheels are more like unadulterated fun
Cars tend to be more like a solitary "me time"

Also

>can't really beat going on SCENC roads at breakneck speed with a motor roaring between your balls
>>
Subjective.

Motorcycles are fun for your adrenaline pleasure.
Cars are more fun for pure driving pleasure.

On a motorcycle I can't blast my favorite tunes at maximum volume whilst blasting through the city and country roads at night. I don't have the comfort of sitting in the car either.

On a motorcycle I have the ability to go fast as absolute fucking hell for cheap and extreme agility. But I lack the comfort and soul that a car gives you.
>>
>>14590989
Idk man I've had some fun on sport atv's but that's because I barely drive motorcycles or dirt bikes in general. I'm buying a 2001 Suzuki Drz400 for 500 from a buddy, just needs carb cleaned. I'm scared because only bike I rode was a 4 stroke 125, this is a big step up. If it doesn't work out for me once u get it running, I'll just sell it and buy a smaller bike. Kinda want a 4 stroke 250
>>
File: 0.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>IMO

Yes.

Can a motorcycle take a corner faster than a car? In most cases no, 4 wheels always turns faster than 2.

Will you look way fucking cooler taking that turn? Yes.

For $15,000 you can buy a road-legal 2016 machine with 0 miles that can do 0-60 less than 3 seconds, take a corner way better than a $15,000 car could (new/slightly used), with fully adjustable suspension front and rear, stock with the cutting edge of moto tire technology, brakes, chassis, and electronics.

For $4000 you can get a craigslist track bike or supermoto and have a fuck ton of fun there too.

I think that's pretty fun.

>You'll most likely crash and get hurt though

True.

>I also think driving cars are fun but money/space is the biggest factor for myself.
>>
>>14591449
>can't blast eurobeat at full volume
False
>>
>>14591522
You can but it is about 10000x more dangerous to listen to music while driving a bike.
>>
>>14591449
>But I lack the comfort and soul that a car gives you.
Sure, this is subjective. But IMHO exactly motorcycle is the one where i feel content and in harmony whereas in car i feel disconnected, empty and lone.
>>
>>14591537
No it's not.
>>
Slower 2 wheeled vehicles (scooters, 125cc bikes, etc) give you the best feeling of connection to the scenery. They're usually very easy to ride and are basically a mobile park bench.

Faster 2 wheeled vehicles (Sportbikes, even 250cc sportbikes) are great at giving you a sensation of speed and connection with the machine. They're more punishing to ride for long periods because of the riding position, but blasting along on back roads and having the bike just do what you want it to do is a rush like no other.

Cars, on the other hand, are more like a combination of those two but to a lesser extent. Take a Miata- it's more like the slower scooter in that it's almost like a mobile park bench, but as far as cars go it gives you that awesome connected feeling where it just does what you input with no fuss. Nowhere near as fast though, I think even the 250cc learner bike I used to have could probably have smoked it. Non-convertibles lose that "open air infinite ceiling" feel, but depending on the car can still give you quite a sensation of speed and connection with the machine, but it's more muted because you're behind a lot of steel (or aluminum) and glass. Much easier to stay in for long periods though, and it does keep you dry when it rains.
>>
>>14591537
straight up bullshit
>>
>>14591522
what is this helmet and what does it have in it/on it
>>
>>14591577
No fucking clue and a sena Baka 10
>>
>>14591545

It is if you're blasting it too loud, which I know a lot of people do because "gotta be able to hear it on the highway over wind noise!"

But yeah, at a reasonable volume it's not a safety issue at all.
>>
>>14591596
Wearing earplugs, a windshield and a decent helmet helps
>>
Definitely fun to ride in Summer.
>>
i have been wrondering this too but i have an e92 m3.... however i just moved to socal and driving it sucks here, it takes all the fun out of it.... would i regret getting a bike?

i know it would be way more fun but i vibe with what >>14591449 said as well pretty hard and i also like the feeling of owning something thats kind of hard to get. its no ferrari but anyone can buy any bike and i kind of like feeling exclusive and shit....
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.