[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KV6 engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: kv6 engine.jpg (70KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
kv6 engine.jpg
70KB, 550x413px
What can you guys tell me about this thing?
I recently bought an MG ZT-T 190 -03.
Opening the hood looks intimidating.
There's no room and you can't see anything.
Is it a good engine?
Any particular things I should keep an eye on?

I love the way it sounds and how it feels like. Very racey
>>
>>14586064
Is that a 90 degree V6
>>
>>14586075
It's the engine I'm talking about.
It has quad cams and seems pretty fucking complex but the car was dirt cheap so I went ahead and bought it.
>>
self bumb
>>
bumb
>>
>>14586092
Not sure about quad cams
>>
>>14586557
what do you mean?
>>
>>14586572

Pick in OP is definitely a single cam
>>
>>14586696
no it isn't
>>
>>14586722
Well where the fuck do you see four cams?
>>
>>14586731
LEAVE THIS BOARD
>>
File: Justine-Thornton-m_1860105b.jpg (55KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Justine-Thornton-m_1860105b.jpg
55KB, 620x388px
>Is it a good engine
>Rover
>>
File: 2016-03-05 14.32.28.jpg (170KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05 14.32.28.jpg
170KB, 550x413px
The V6 engine is fitted with four overhead camshafts driven by synchronous tooth belts. It has a single, long, serpentine belt at the front driving the inlet cams and also the coolant pump. The exhaust cams are driven by short link belts driven from the ends of the inlet cams at the rear of the engine.

Blue is intake cam, red is exhaust cam, for those interested.
>>
>>14586944
you circled the same camshaft twice
>>
>>14586969

He's circled the PTO point for you at the rear of the head.

>>14586696

Please go.
>>
>>14586731
they are right there.
What's the problem?
>>
Is it a good engine tho?
>>
>>14587182

no, it's an interesting engine, but not very good.
>>
http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/ar-cars/not-their-finest-hour-rover-825-kv6/

Early models had problems with the sleeves moving in the block causing head gasket leaks. The thermostat cover is plastic and will crack, and is a pain to replace.

In theory the engine should be good, powerful and smooth and good on emissions, however build quality let it down.

Rover also f*cked Kia in the ass with this engine, tricked them into funding the entire development costs and delivered a lemon.
>>
>>14586739
This

People here constantly give bad/wrong advice it happens all the time. What a fucking joke?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.