[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Saturn Sky have /o/'s seal of approval?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (245KB, 1501x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
245KB, 1501x1055px
Does the Saturn Sky have /o/'s seal of approval?
>>
I like it, probably a fun car. Looks gay as hell though.
>>
Is the Opel version engine the same? If so, I approve. If not, I don't.
>>
the redline is good, and i believe a tune gives it some serious power
>>
>>14586044
here, a moderate tune from five years ago gave it 317rwhp
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f25/hp-tuners-sky-redline-dyno-39800/

and for a 3000lb curb weight, that's pretty darn good
>>
>>14585938
It was available with a 2.4 NA and a 2.0 turbo.
The Opel only got the 2.0 turbo.
>>
>>14585928
Do want, wouldn't mind it as a second car, it would go along with the Ion I have.

>>14585930
I like the look of the Sky more than the Solstice

>>14585938
Aren't they the same car?
>>
The biggest complaint I can think of is the nonexistent boot space.
Would make for a fine second car though.
>>
>>14586071
>Aren't they the same car?

Mostly. But since amerimarket is always a little different, you never know. Such as see >>14586066
>>
i would get a clean NB miata instead and turbo it for a similar price to the redline/gxp
>>
>>14585928
I really should test drive a Redline model. My main complaint is the roof folds into the trunk, which makes using it for a weekend trip tricky. Though it's probably at least as much as an Elise, which I'd buy so meh.
>>
File: 13_opel_speedster.jpg (107KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
13_opel_speedster.jpg
107KB, 600x350px
Opel Speedster would be the better choice.

900kg featherweight.
>>
>>14585930
There is a red one across the road from me that looks breddy sexy
>>
>>14587586
Literally an engine swapped Elise with a bodykit.

[spoiler]I want one[/spoiler]
>>
HOLY SHIT

A non-supercar that /o/ doesn't hate.

I never thought Id see the day
>>
>>14585928
no, i am too tall to even sit in it. i have tried and it did not work out for me.
>>
>>14587594
Stop with the fucking spoiler shit
I swear to god I can't go a day without seeing you ruining an /o/ thread with your /vg/ shit
Fuck off
>>
>>14587890
/o/ only hates popular cars
>>
>>14588077
>spoilers only exist on /vg/
boy do I have news for you
>>
>>14585928
The pistons on certain models were coated to reduce piston temps
>>
As an owner of its mechanical twin the Pontiac Solstice GXP I can tell you they are pretty fun. I bought mine new in 2007 and still have her now.

At the time GM was pretty involved with making them SCCA dominant and there are great suspension options, most on the track go for the Z0K package but if you can still find the GMPP kit its the same spring rates with an extra inch of height so you can get over speed bumps.

Plus for the turbo models GM even released a factory backed tune. Bolt ons dont give extra power without a tune. The computer on these is designed to provide a stock torque value and when it reaches that it will cut back on boost and timing. The GM tune and aftermarket tune removes this feature. You also get no lift shift with the GM tune.

Items that arent cool are that the brakes were a bit underwhelming. Dont use stock pads. They fade bad. Also if you are going to track a turbo they get hot. Get a new intercooler. The stock one is quite small. The top is manual which isnt bad but needs adjustment after awhile. Usie is showing some age now. Using it from the same side all the time seems to have shifted it around a bit. Its on my to do list.

Final note. If you test driving a turbo it will tick alot with any kind of throttle. The LNF motor was GMs first DI turbo and its not as refined as it is now. The ticking is the high pressure fuel pump. They make a foam insulator for it but inside the car its still as noisy.
>>
>>14585928
Pretty much everything >>14590728 said.

I've had an 08 solstice gxp for 3 months now and I enjoy it a lot but you have to understand what you're buying. The gear box is from a truck, it's decently thick and you have to put a little force behind it to shift.

Also the interior is shit. All of it, except possibly the seats. But again, when you're buying one of these it's not really for the interior, but the bits that make it move.

The stock turbo spools pretty quickly and carries power well as long as you shift at 6k and not the limiter. I want the gmpp tune pretty bad for no lift shift because you lose all pressure when you go to shift on the stock tune. Also if you push it, it does get pretty hot, so first mod I would do would be like a werks intercooler.

After that I wold do gmpp tune if you're not trying mod the car heavily or are entirely stock. Personally in the long run I would like to do intercooler, slightly larger turbo, bigger fuel pump, and then raise the rev limiter to 6.5k or 7.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.