[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know how to use an al319 car code tester? I tested my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160302_124853335.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_124853335.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Anyone know how to use an al319 car code tester? I tested my car and have no idea how to diagnose with this thing. At Autozone they make it look simple.
>>
Read the manual
>>
>>14567229

>OBD II Definitions
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) -- OBD II terminology for the
on-board computer that controls engine and drive train.
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) -- Malfunction Indicator Light
(Service Engine Soon, Check Engine) is a term used for the light on
the instrument panel. It is to alert the driver and/or the repair
technician that there is a problem with one or more of vehicle's
systems and may cause emissions to exceed federal standards. If the
MIL illuminates with a steady light, it indicates that a problem has
been detected and the vehicle should be serviced as soon as possible.
Under certain conditions, the dashboard light will blink or flash. This
indicates a severe problem and flashing is intended to discourage
vehicle operation. The vehicle onboard diagnostic system can not turn
the MIL off until necessary repairs are completed or the condition no
longer exists.
DTC -- Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that identifies which section
of the emission control system has malfunctioned.
Enabling Criteria -- Also termed Enabling Conditions. They are the

This manual makes no sense to me, that's why I was hoping someone can break it down in a easier to understand way.
>>
>>14567197
Are you retarded??

Read the code, search the code online.
>>
File: IMG_20160302_124743548.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_124743548.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>14567259

Which one do I go in to find the code?
>>
>>14567272
Obviously read codes. Is this a joke?
>>
>>14567953

Nah, not a joke. I managed to figure it out. It's so simple it was confusing. I found the code and looked it up.
>>
>>14568004
You should take your car to a mechanic.
>>
>>14568011

Well, we usually go to Autozone to have them do the test when this type of thing happens but we got one of those code testers and so I experimented with it. I managed to find out that the error is p103 and it said the simplest thing to do was to erase the code and see if it comes back so that's what I did. I don't have any mechanics I can trust so that kind of sucks.
>>
>>14568024
Well you're less trustworthy than any mechanic since you obviously have zero fucking clue as to what you are doing.
>>
>>14568100

you mispoke

I'm not going to fuck myself over for any reason

You'd be correct if you said I was less "competent" at auto repair than a mechanic.
>>
>>14568004
Autel stuff is pretty good. I use the maxidas version at work. Did it really just give you a 3 digit code? P codes are usually 4.
>>
>>14568112
>you mispoke
I didn't.
>I'm not going to fuck myself over for any reason
You are actively fucking yourself over by servicing your property without any knowledge. Do I have to walk you through how this creates a high risk of damage to you or your property?
>>
>>14567197
You could've bought a bafx Bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque pro for 28 bucks
>>
File: IMG_20160302_143700025.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_143700025.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>14568133

Dang. Nah I was confused but here is the error. It is 4 digits.
>>
>>14568148
And then you require a cell phone to make it work when you could not require a cell phone or even batteries.
>>
>>14568142

What are you a mechanic? what's it to you? you didn't lose my business. If I knew a good mechanic I would go right to him. I'm not trying to get fucked with $500 worth of repairs I don't need.

>>14568148

Well, I didn't buy this thing, I luckily acquired it and so am using it instead of wasting a trip to Autozone.
>>
>>14568158
Who doesn't have an old android phone laying around?
>>
>>14568168
>What are you a mechanic?
Fuck no, most mechanics are retarded.
>what's it to you?
Nothing, I just want you to know you're clueless. It's up to you as to whether you want to keep going and make shit worse for yourself or not.
>>
>>14568175
How does that solve the problem of needing a phone?
>>
>>14568177

Besides, how does a person learn about stuff if they don't get involved in shit they never done before? of course I don't know shit about cars but at least I learned something today about cars. There's always going to be something you need to learn about while doing it the first time. Obviously I'm not going to actually install whatever it is I need to buy because that's just too hard but for this simple task I kind of know what it is I need and I can choose whether or not to do the repair or not and meanwhile see where I can get it done. I don't want to neglect my car but damn, I got shit I can afford and shit I can't right now.
>>
>>14568186
That's not a problem if you have one laying around.
>>
>>14568205
It is a problem. Instead of a self contained, always available doodad, you now need a cell phone.
>>
>>14568198
>Besides, how does a person learn about stuff if they don't get involved in shit they never done before?
By studying. Go learn some shit and then play around. Reading the fucking manual is a start.
>>
>>14568218
Its a basic code reader. At this stage there's no way using it to check his engine management light could cause any problems. Everyone has to start learning somewhere, only advice I would give him right now is don't take it for granted the fault lies with the item the code relates too.
>>
>>14568218

Like I really have time to read manuals of every thing I need to interact with. Just like most other people it's better to get the information you need instead of reading an entire book when all you needed was a couple paragraphs from it. A lot of people on this board can give me that information without spitting out the book. You guys are smart about cars and can easily help me out but unfortunately people like you are stingy fucks and need to get all judgmental and shit.

I hope you aren't this big an asshole in real life. Do you tell everyone that asks you a question to fuck off and go read a book and don't try shit on their own unless their a certified expert on it?
>>
>>14568212
>instead of using something you already have which can even google the code and provide live data wirelessly, I'd like to have an extra piece of more expensive wired equipment which performs fewer functions.

I'm not the guy you were bickering with but if you've ever used Torque you'd know you were wrong. If you really are from 1913 and don't have an extra/your own phone around, fine, get a tool. The letters and buttons are bigger for your cataracts and wrinkled thumbs, anyways.
>>
>>14568236
>At this stage there's no way using it to check his engine management light could cause any problems.
I didn't say there was. I'm saying he shouldn't be messing with any shit he finds. We all know he's going to, he's taking advice from the internet.
>>14568253
>Like I really have time to read manuals of every thing I need to interact with.
Well, don't complain when shit breaks and don't complain you don't know how to fix it.
>Just like most other people it's better to get the information you need instead of reading an entire book when all you needed was a couple paragraphs from it.
What is an index. Have you NEVER seen a book before?
>A lot of people on this board can give me that information without spitting out the book.
Absolutely not. This goes even further to show how retarded you are. This is not a place for information. The manufacturer is the place for information.
>Do you tell everyone that asks you a question to fuck off and go read a book and don't try shit on their own unless their a certified expert on it?
Yes, unless they pay me. It's for their own good.
>>
>>14568281

I wasn't aware I was complaining. Now I am because you're a dick telling me to take my shit to a mechanic as if I didn't know that was an option. I am not mat at myself or anyone else that I'm not a mechanic, my thing is computers for the most part. The index to the manual for this thing is still confusing as hell. People on this board did help me. The first couple reposes were actually right. They pretty much said "just read the codes". They were right, it really was that simple. I just navigated a little bit and figured out where the error was. I didn't actually need to read the entire manual to get that. These guys let me know I was over complicating this tool, so they did help.

>Yes, unless they pay me. It's for their own good.

wow, must suck to know you. You'd be a good stranger but a shitty friend.
>>
>>14568332
I wasn't even talking about the tool since you have to be very special to be unable to use one of the basic code readers from HF like you have there. I'm talking about actually using it to do a diagnosis. No, reading the code is not a diagnosis, the code is a diagnostic tool. You need the service manual for the car if you are going to actually do anything with the information you received from the code.
>You'd be a good stranger but a shitty friend.
I'm not your friend. My friends aren't idiots.
>>
>>14567197
Now that you have the code, what are you going to do? It took this much effort to learn how to use a two-button Fisher Price toy. It could be months before you learn how to use a wrench.
>>
>>14568356

>I'm not your friend

No shit, thank god.
>>
>>14568379

>It could be months before you learn how to use a wrench.

>wrench

Is there a manual you could point me to? This guy >>14568356 said I need a manual for everything.
>>
>>14568392
Of course you can't fucking read. You need a factory service manual. Don't bother getting one, though, there's a lot of words.
>>
>>14568402

>You can't fucking read.

If I can't read, how am I responding to you?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.