[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New (Old) Car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0294.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I just got this 1985 Mazda 323. It's my first car.

Don't know much about cars in general let alone old ones. It's in great condition inside and out, but I'm wondering is there anything in particular I should look at for with older cars?

I want to install a 6 speaker sound system and amp + a sub, too. Anyone know how to go about doing so in an older car?
>>
Anything rubber is going to need replacement soon.

Looks like a cozy car though.
>>
>>14556191
Love it.
Love everything about it.
Check bushings and gaskets.
Make sure the alternator can handle a car audio system that you're planning.
AND KEEP IT CLEAN!!!!!
I will find you and kick your nuts if you ruin this car
>>
>I want to install a 6 speaker sound system and amp + a sub, too.

Learn to drive first you nigger.
>>
80's Japanese cars in general are pretty damn reliable concerning mechanical bits. As long as you change wearable items like fluids, brakes, clutch, etc it should run good.

Rubber tubing and seals will most likely be bad so make sure to go about replacing all of it. Rust can and likely will be an issue if you don't have decent rust protection on the underside.
>>
>>14556232

Cheers for the advice will check the rubber bits.

>>14556235

Thanks! It's a nice looking car. Okay I will, thanks. Don't worry, I'm taking good care of it!

>>14556267

I've been driving for 4 years just haven't technically owned a vehicle yet, please don't use that word it creates a divide between people which hurts everyone in the end.

>>14556283

Okay cool, thanks for the advice. No signs of rust on this car at all but I'll keep on top of it!
>>
>>14556191
Check all your rubber stuff, seals, hoses, belts, etc. Replace anything that might need it now to avoid high costs later.

Ive installed audio systems on 2 cars. To install your sub you need to have an amp connected to your headunit. Assuming you have the correct subs and amp to power them, you'll want to get yourself a sub install wiring kit (trust me, it's easier to pay for it, comes with a lot of different cables). If you use the stock headunit you will need to have a line out converter spliced into the headunit/car. You will need the wiring diagrams for the car/headunit. If you bought and aftermarket unit, you can probably plug the rca cables into it directly. Mount the sub and amp in the truno, run your power cable from battery to amp, ground wire from amp to a bolt in the frame, and run the speaker wires from amp to sub. There you go.

Speakers are easy to install, still need the wiring diagram.
>>
>>14556308
Nigger nigger nigger.

Putting such a sound system in a car is such a contrast to its period. You're basically being a nigger by adding something so tacky to your cozy car.
>>
>>14556191
>remove shitty 1.whatever carby engine
>insert BPT
>????
>sleeper as fuck

Not to mention EFI for dem easy cold starts.
>>
>>14556334

I like music. Why is that tacky?
>>
>>14556308
>please don't use that word it creates a divide between people which hurts everyone in the end.

you have good taste in cars but you sound like a pussy

and please don't put a fucking sub in
>>
>>14556308
You sound like a nigger. A smart nigger, but a nigger.

Don't niggerize you car.
>>
>>14556267
>>14556334
>>14556360
>>14556364
Not op but I don't see why upgrading the speakers is such a bad idea. They're guaranteed to be either shit or non-functioning in his 323.

As long as he just avoids getting the subwoofer, which admittedly is kinda trashy in an older car, It shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>14556359
Subs are for red guards no matter how you look at it. A quality set of speakers is fine but if you need HELLA BASS DUDE, then you're basically chimping out.
>>
I'm not getting the sub for show, I literally want to have a full frequency range in the music, it isn't going to be excessively loud, I don't imagine standard woofers extend down to the frequency range that a sub does?
>>
>>14556436
I think a practical problem is an 80's mazda 323 doesn't have much trunk space for a subwoofer to begin with.

Honestly in such a small car a decent set of front/rear speakers and audio equipment will probably give good results anyways.
>>
OP, whatever you do, don't do anything that is irreversible.
>>
>>14556436
Dont listen to these fags, run a sub or two if you want. The guys telling you not to probably don't even have working speakers in their ratty old shitheaps. I'd imagine there's not too much space in there so that may cause some difficulty. For a car that small though a single nice 8 or 10 should be plenty and if you put it in the right box even a good 8 will go plenty low.
>>
>>14556555
Yeah I'm looking at ways I can install the speakers without damaging the interior. I want to make sure everything matches the interior, too. Anyone know of any good brown speakers?

>>14556639

The boot is surprisingly large considering the size of the car. Thanks for the advice, I'll probably go for a single 10.
>>
>>14556191
zokusha style.. Low down style... Kyusha style.
>>
>>14556334
They had loud stereos back in the 80s aswell you dumb fucking autist.
>>
>>14556191
Keep rust of it and it will last eternity
>>
>>14556191
keep it stock
any mods should not be visible.
>>
>>14556191
looks really nice, good buy.

I have an 1987 323 hatchback myself, such a great car.
>>
>>14559096
Cheers. Got it for $1600 Aud
>>
>>14556191
10/10 would drive

>>14559072
Mods are perfectly all right, but as this guy said, keep in mind these things:
1) Mods should be reversible (such an old car gains value as a collectible item if it's all-original and stock - even a fucknormal 323 does)
2) Mods should either fit to the era of the car or be invisible / barely visible. Think restomod.
>>
>have it looked over
>take care of whatever needs attention
>save the sub/amp money for repairs/newer car down the line
>get an affordable ~$100 headunit
>replace original, rotted out speakers with newer mid-price ones
>>
>>14562575
It's a mazda 323. It will NEVER gain in value.

Stop blowing smoke up his ass.

Mod the hell out of it OP, drive it till it dies and DO NOT sink heaps of money into it. In a few years if it's almost dead, let it die and buy something newer that has more than 1 star safety rating.

If it's your first car, I give it one year of you thrashing it before it starts blowing blue smoke, or the rust makes the panels fall off.
>>
>>14556430
fuck off back to /pol/ you 12 year old

>>14559072
>no car, no license european tripfaggot sharing his shit opinions
as usual

>>14562575
>such an old car gains value as a collectible item if it's all-original and stock - even a fucknormal 323 does
no it doesnt. these cars will always be worth pocket change.
>>
>>14563865
What the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch? i have had lots of cars that drive
>>
>>14556191
I just NOSTALGIA'D. She's a beauty OP
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.