[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I know these two cars are complete opposites, but if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 2015-ford-mustang-23l-ecoboost.jpg (703KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
2015-ford-mustang-23l-ecoboost.jpg
703KB, 1280x782px
Guys I know these two cars are complete opposites, but if you had to choose one which would it be? Give me some of your opinions.

2016 EcoBoost Mustang
2016 Volkswagon GTI

I need a daily driver for work I test drove both of these cars, and loved them both.

> inb4 not a V8 muscle car
>>
The ecoboost mustang will depreciate like fucking hell.

Like, from $30k loaded to $20-22k in 12 months.

The GTI isn't great for residuals. It's more practical...

Which would pull bitches better? Probably the mustang.
>>
The mustang's way more manly. bitches love manly
>>
>>14543761
It boils down to weight and which one is more fun to throw around.
>>
>>14543761
they're not opposites. I actually narrowed my choice down to between the two, myself. ended up getting an ecoboost premium because I really really wanted air conditioned seats for the hot tennessee summer. honestly if it wasnt for that factor i probably would've gotten the GTI. it's FWD sure but it's also 600 lbs lighter, which counts for way more. a friend of mine has the new GTI and it's great. we go through the mountains a lot and they're both really fun. I just wish the mustang was less pigfat and had the footprint of the GTI.
>>
>>14543918
Have you done any tuning to your Mustang?
>>
>>14543950
not yet. gonna let the comprehensive warranty go off before i fuck with it much. i'm a capricious person and might end up trading it in two years anyway, who knows
>>
>>14543969
Tuner turbo back exhaust a cai and intercooler tubing. 12.1 at 118 in the 1/4 mile with a auto trans
>>
>>14543969
Has your friend made any complaints for the GTI? Trying to compare the negatives of both cars. Also what are you averaging for MPG and automatic or stick?
>>
>>14543990
yeah, I earmarked about $3000 of performance mods I'd put into it if I started down that way. in the meantime, I just swapped out the plugs for ones that dont suck like the factory ones do, and am about to buy some michelin PSS tires when the pirellis come up around 15,000 miles here in a few months
>>
>>14544014
If it makes you feel better a 5.0 with the same money runs the same time
>>
>>14544002
no complaints from the GTI at all. it's fun to drive, pretty functional, solidly built. granted it's less than a year old, but it's just a more practical car than the mustang, which can really be a pain to maneuver in the tight downtown streets. parking is also kind of difficult with a 4 foot nose in front of you.

i drive manual and get about 24 mpg combined with pretty aggressive driving habits. my opinion of the interiors is that the mustang's everything looks nicer, but is clearly not as high quality as the VW. it has more bells and whistles though.
>>
>>14544036
I love the Mustangs look is whats really fucking up my decision lol
>>
>>14544064
just drive them both and see which one feels better to you is all i can recommend.
>>
>>14543799
it's a damn shame, that ecoboost engine is a really great motor, and the new mustang is a solid platform
>>
GTI. More practical and lol wrong wheel drive will help prevent you from crashing it as fast as the Mustang
>>
>>14543799
All S 550's lose value fast. Idk why either.
I got a 13 5.0 and it holds its value better than the new 5.0.
>>
File: 2016-02-27 18.21.28.jpg (4MB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-27 18.21.28.jpg
4MB, 3771x2121px
Bitches love the mustang
>>
Certfied Pre-Owned 2015 Ecoboost Mustang w/Performance Pack or better, a base model Mustang GT.
>>
File: Del sol.jpg (72KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
Del sol.jpg
72KB, 640x453px
DEL SOL
>>
>>14543761
Mustang parts will be stupid easy to find and cheaper then the GTI

The mustang will grab more attention because normies have no idea what a gti is

Every one should own a mustang onece its a great rwd car to learn on
>>
>>14543761
The Ecoboost has received a ridiculous amount of aftermarket support and is still receiving it. So many great tuners and so many great companies that came from just working with Subaru, BMW and are putting a ton of love into it. There's like 4-5 different turbos and 1 company that I know doing a turbo in the stock location making 500+ whp just turbo. Mustangs are always a great car especially if you want to mod it. The s550 body is a great platform and I wish my boss 302 received the same love as these.
>>
I'd wait 6 months and buy a used loaded ecoboost

I got a used ST but I kinda wished I waited and got a new gen mustang
>>
I've driven my friends 2015 GTI and it was really fun, good quality feel. The only mustang I've ever driven is my girlfriend's dad's 09 GT so I doubt it feels anything like the new ecoboosts.
Honestly they are both good cars, if you plan on tuning them I would go with the GTI. They can both be tuned but it's kind of pointless with the ecoboost since you could just spend the extra $ on a GT.
>>
File: dr.png (9KB, 863x118px) Image search: [Google]
dr.png
9KB, 863x118px
>>14544098
Just saying.. It might be "wrong wheel drive" but it makes pretty good lap times.
>>
>>14545156
who cares

op will never get within 5 seconds of either laptimes

the mustang ironically has a better chassis and not enough power, same car with another 120hp and bigger brakes/swaybars/tires ran a 3:05.2 in that article (mustang gt)
>>
My inner child gets kinda happy when I think of the BOV of the ecoboost as the pony snarling air at its nostrils. Some guy who wrote about his experience owning one said that it's basically as close as we'd get to an S16.
>>
>>14544105

Do you have pictures of it?
>>
>>14545172
I know that, I'm simply saying that the GTI shouldn't be counted out just because it's FWD. Plus, we aren't comparing the GTI to the GT.. The GT is obviously the faster car. We're comparing the GTI to the ecoboost where in this case, car and driver got a better lap time with the GTI.
>>
>>14543761

Can I have a V6 Camaro instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
>>
>>14543761
Nice choices OP, I agree with everyone saying buy a slightly used Ecoboost or GTI, since there have been little changes to each of them and a single model year older can save a lot of money.

While you're at the Ford dealer you may as well test drive a Focus ST, Fiesta ST, and the Mustang 5.0.

While you're at the VW dealer try and get a ride in a Golf R if you can manage it.

And then decide from there! I know used STs have depreciated a bit and you could find a nice '15 ST3 for close to 20k now (probably in both the Focus and a fully optioned Fiesta).

Just my opinion, I was debating between the cars you mentioned, a Fiesta and an FRS.

Bought the Fiesta and love it. :)
>>
>>14543761
depends on the use.

>DD
GTI.
more confortable, better MPG's, more space for other people, easier to drive, etc....

>Fun, weekend car
Mustang
more power and torque, RWD, fun in the corners, that rubber burning, that sound, etc...
>>
>>14543761
In my circumstances, the Mustang is a no brainer as I've got a company vehicle for private use.

If I didn't have a company vehicle for private use I'd probably still have the Mustang, but the GTI would be the right car.
>>
>>14543761
>Op=I want a mustang!
Cool
>OP=without a V-8
Fag
>>
>>14543761
Go buy a civic for 5k tops. Perfect DD.
>>
>>14543761

Those turbostangs look nice and seem to drive alright. Only thing is its overly large for what it is. I'd probably prefer the GTI's compactness.
>>
>>14546679
I would recommend trying a Club ND Miat as well and just adding here finding used FiSTs in the USA is becoming difficult (FoSTs not as much).

On topic though buy a certified used 15 Stang (V8 needs Roush axel to un-European it) if you get one because holy shit they made too many and the depreciation curve is like 40%.

Do not buy any of them new except the Miat if you're willing to sacrifice practicality.

REELCARS Answer: Wait a year to see where the 16 Camaro SS depreciation lands and consider that for 30 as well.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.