[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn how to drive a manual.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: stickshift1.jpg (33KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
stickshift1.jpg
33KB, 480x320px
I want to learn how to drive a manual.
>>
>>14533452
Then watch youtube and stop bothering us
>>
Go do it then
>>
>>14533454
I would need a car
>>
>>14533452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>14533457
So read the sticky and buy one? Do you need someone to hold your hand? Is that why you created this thread or is there another reason?
>>
Then grab a manual and start learning, what's stopping you?
>>
>>14533457
Where do you live?
>>
>>14533452
>Aquire friend with manual transmission car
>Have friend show you what to do
>Do what friend showed you
Congratulations you can now drive manual
>>
is manual really that hard for you americans? I mean Its just natural to me, i cant even imagine driving auto
>>
>>14533690
auto is pretty comfy for daily driving though

both have their merits. manual is much more fun, but when i'm driving to work and doing the same daily commute i've done 500 times i'd rather just use as little brain power as possible
>>
>>14533452

>not living in a country where it's required to drive manual to get a license
>>
>>14533516
Nice wordplay, son.
>>
>>14533452
I searched for a driving school that advertised manual cars, called them, booked a two hour lesson. Done. Much cheaper than buying a shitbox to learn on, or wrecking your own clutch.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>14533895

mfw non-native speaker and have no clue what's so funny about what I wrote
>>
>>14534830
I am an Indian and I understood what you've said.
>>
>>14534872
POO
>>
>>14534872
DESIGNATED
>>
>>14534830
Its the fact that manual could refer to a manual transmission or to an instructions manual on how to do things.
>>
Not OP, but will I hate driving a manual in bumper to bumper city traffic?
How much of a pain in the ass is it to shift and downshift in gridlock rush hour?
>>
>>14533889
Fucking this. How are people even allowed to drive if they don't know how to use a fucking car transmission ?
>>
>>14534984
After driving for a month it all becomes second nature, you don't really think about it. Worst thing that could possibly happen is leg fatigue but that only really happens with cars with super heavy clutches like supercars and shit.
>>
>>14534995
what's the point when most cunts are stuck in traffic all day
>>
>>14533889
Dirty commie detected

We're in the land of the free, and home of the brave, fucko.

our country doesn't require you to own a manual. if you want a stick shift, go for it, if not, no worries.
>>
man real fucking helpful faggots

OP, look around for motorcycle or performance driving school, often times they also have stick shift lessons
>>
>>14533690
Manual is made out to be a huge boogeyman, and sometimes finding a manual car can be a challenge depending on the model you want.
>>
I learned on a 350z and apparently the clutch ain't so good on that in terms of easyness snd learning but i picked it up very quickly.
>>
>>14533452
>want to drive manual
>nobody I know drives stick
>want to buy a cheap used manual
>i'd have to test drive it
>i don't know how to drive stick
>i'd have to drive it home
>i don't know how to drive stick
>no car rental places offer manual cars

Maybe it just wasnt meant to be...
>>
>>14534995

>smell of burning clutches and virgin tears can be smelled from a certain radius outside the dmv
>>
>>14533454
>us

hahahha
>>
>>14538348
how about,
>hey dude i want to buy your car, can you show me how to use it?
there, all youre problems are gone

are people on this board really to introvert to do basic social interactions?
or are they just too fucking dumb?
>>
>>14533690
>manual isnt hard
>watch me as i act superior to you by driving stick
not saying you did this, but why do i see this so often on these threads
>>
>>14534995
>doing something "harder" and unnecessary just to prove you can...
>>
>>14540433
if someone came up to you wanting to buy your car, but couldn't drive it, would you actually take time out of your day to teach them? Knowing full well that they may not even buy it at the end
>>
Go buy a beater manual car or find a friend with one and learn.

Learned on my friends old beat up 92 F150. He used it for hunting and firewood hauling. It had the sloppiest, shittiest clutch and transmission I have ever driven. I am pretty sure the forks were completely worn down. Once I learned on that thing, I could drive any manual. From expensive sports car to huge truck.
>>
>>14540447
Because people make it out to be rocket science. And the other people are just dicks.
>>
>>14533690

It's pretty convenient. I have an older wrx as a personal car and an automatic E39 as a "family" car.

Its really just a "I don't wanna put much effort into driving right now, so an automatic is fine" mindset. Sure the manual is fun for spirited driving but sometimes it's okay to take the automatic
>>
My best advice is to not engine brake all the time when you first start driving manual, you need to learn it overtime otherwise your just going to fuck your clutch up. There is a lot of people on /o/ that will tell you otherwise, but it's really something you need to learn after mastering normal manual driving.

Brakes take 1 hour to do in your own garage with common tools, clutch takes a whole day assuming you have a lift and proper tools... 2 or 3 days if you are stuck with jack stands and not the right tools.
>>
>>14533690

My daily beater is automatic, because I spend half of my work commute stuck in stop and go traffic. I have 400+ horsepower manual cars sitting at home, I could give a shit what some cuck that can only afford one car thinks about me driving an automatic to and from work.
>>
>>14540588
impressive post
>>
>>14533690
it's not,
i dd a manual and prefer it just so i don't end up falling asleep
>>
>>14534881
>>14534883
Wtf man? I live in the civilized city of Houston and I happily shit in the toilet of my apartment.
>>
>>14533889
I dunno about that. I heard europoors need to pay like 1000 euros just to get a license
>>
>>14533461
for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU
>>
>>14538348
The sales guy at the dealership will teach you (or at least give you the basics and let you try it out) 99% of the time to get a sale.

If you are willing to buy the car that day, they WILL suck your dick until you hand over the check.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.