[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alfa Romeo 4C

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: 4C-concept-big-36.jpg (75KB, 627x300px) Image search: [Google]
4C-concept-big-36.jpg
75KB, 627x300px
Saw one of these at the mall and thought it looked neat, but then saw the sticker:

>237HP 4-cylinder
>0-60 4.1 seconds
>$55,900 starting
>$70,395 with wheels, microfiber interior, handling package

Thoughts?
>>
Mustang GT is way faster and way cheaper.
>>
>>14521865
mustang gt doesn't have a carbon fiber tub.
>>
I would buy one in a heatbeat in red with those wheels in gold.
Honestly, I should, the prices of them will only be going up after they're all sold, till then they'll maybe lose a few grand at most.
They're gorgeous, use a basic engine that's not stressed, manual steering, mid engine, what's not to like?
inb4 more power, if that's what you want this isnt the car for you simply.
>>
If you've never had a car with wide tires and manual steering (no assist) you owe it to yourself to drive it slowly around the parking lot and try parallel parking it a couple of times.

The DCT will be un-engaging. I had one on my TT roadster, and while it is technically faster in a sprint and delivers better economy, it sucks as far as driving engagement goes. It's also always second-guessing how hard you want to take off from a stop and is very slow to downshift (it cues up the next taller gear - downshifting takes forever). Add turbo lag and it's likely annoying in traffic.

It would be a blast with a 6 speed manual. Nintendo shifters on a sports car just don't make sense other than drag racing.
>>
I would have purchased one 2 months ago, but the budget for my latest car was only $65k. I couldn't find a single one in the area with a sticker or sticker + markup under $70k.

I wanted to test drive one at the closest dealer. He didn't take me seriously for a test drive until I showed him the $40k I had for a down payment...then still refused once I told him I didn't want the model on his showroom floor, but would rather have one with the track package and nothing else.
>>
File: grate.png (116KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
grate.png
116KB, 280x280px
>>14521865
>Mustang GT is way faster
>>
>>14521885
>use a basic engine that's not stressed
>1.7L turbo'd within a centimeter of its life
> not stressed

> what's not to like
Automatic only, no manual
>>
>>14521865
You buy a 4C because you can appreciate beauty, because you love automobile and because you want a real driving experience.
You buy a Mustang GT because you are a fag who don't know a shit about automobile and because you want wasting tyres in straight line
Is the first case it needs R&D and skilled people. In the second case, you only need a oversized engine in a outdated chassis. So cheap price.
You're welcome.
>>
>>14521983
>because you want a real driving experience.
> autotragic
> muh Italian passion
>>
File: IMG_0265.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0265.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Owner here, though I have no bread as proof, but the picture is original. I've talked about the car in a previous post about it not having a manual but I figured I should say it again, the car is great with the DCT, I don't know why the manual purists come out in hoards when the car is discussed, there's nothing wrong with it not having a manual. That being said I'm a fan of the manual, and I would have probably picked a 5th Gen Viper or a manual Gallardo over the 4C if that was what I wanted, but neither of those cars are anything like the 4C, so I didn't.
>>
>>14521988
So go take a new picture.
>>
If only the headlights looked at least normal.
>who am I trying to fool, I can't afford it.
>>
>>14521999
I'm not here to flaunt or prove anything to anyone, just here to discuss the car, but if my opinions on it have to be verified through ownership then I will take a new picture, but not any time soon.
>>
>>14521849
>handling package

since when did some fancy italian miats turn into some lolcanturn amerifat luxobarge?
>>
>>14522028

It's a track package, but I called it a handling package because let's face it 99% of these cars will never see a track.
>>
>>14522039
and of those 1%; 99% wont even take it to the limit on its standard suspension.

atleast alfa still knows how to reap the rewards of over pricing shitboxes
>>
>>14521869
Mustang GT also doesn't have the stigma of being made by the second-worst car company on the planet behind Range Rover (Fiat)

>>14521849
It's ok but over-priced. Like the over-priced British econo-cars that cost twice the price of comparable cars (the mini) you're paying for the Italian novelty
>>
>>14522027
>not here to flaunt
>first thing you do is post a picture and defend having no proof
How convenient.
>>
>>14522061
Don't see how you say it's over-priced, from every aspect I can think of it outperforms cars at it's price and above, the only place it fails is performance and luxury, but even then it's still on par with plenty of cars for it's price, so unless you really care about lap times or beating people in drag races (which, mind you, it can still do both very well) it's perfect, aside from the luxury part, but not counting the hard ass seats it's not really missing anything too big in terms of luxury either.
>>14522064
I posted the picture and said I'm an owner so that people can know that I come from experience, that I'm not just someone that test drove it once and said it was sex on wheels. I also said the point is to discuss the car, not my ownership or lack there of, but I see how if I want to back up my opinions and experiences of and with the car I maybe should prove my ownership, which I will do.
>>
>>14522167
>from every aspect I can think of it outperforms cars at it's price and above,
>the only place it fails is performance and luxury,

wat
>premium sports car
>not good at being a sports car
>not good at being luxury
>not good at tracking or drag racing
What's the point? Seems like the only thing premium is the price tag
>muh stripped out carbon fiber
As much as everyone likes to shit on bean counters, I wonder what this car would have been like if it wasn't carbon fiber wannabe supercar with wannabe supercar pricing.
>this could have been what the FR-S/BRZ wanted to be but actually fast
>>
>>14521885
>automatic only
>>
>>14522167
Still waiting. Although if I have to wait for you to cut your grass first this thread will be long gone.
>>
>>14522229
I'm saying it's not good at any of those things, but for it's price sure there's cars that perform better, also how is it not good at being a sports car? I mean what do you want from a sports car? I'm just saying if you want something faster than everything else that's not what you get with the 4C, you get personality, a fun driving experience (the biggest thing you get for me is the driving experience, there is no end to the fun the car can bring) and though I don't care much for exclusivity you get a fuck ton of exclusivity at it's price, there aren't many made and the car draws as much attention as cars far beyond it's price range. Also luxury is debatable in my opinion, for me the fuck ton of carbon fiber they put in the car and the design itself of the car is all the luxury I would ever want/need. I mean it has working AC... what do you want heated powered seats? Go buy a Porchse/Jaguar/Corvette if you want some bullshit luxury. It's a sports car, not a car your wife is suppose to enjoy because it's "cozy".
>>
File: IMG_0318.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14522248
>>
>>14522286
March the 3rd will be here quicker than you expect it. Better eat your bread soon anon.
>>
>>14522286

>enriched

Sweden plz
>>
>>14521849
>$70,395 with wheels
What, does it come with fucking steelies standard?
>>
>>14521849
The Miata is lighter and half the price. Fail.
>>
File: landscape-1438693647-elise37.jpg (79KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1438693647-elise37.jpg
79KB, 980x490px
>>14521849
A elise is cheaper and comes with a bulletproof engine, proper steering, manual transmission and won't lie about its weight. Alfa says the 4c weighs 895 kg, then in small letters it says unladen. Actual weight is around 1025 kg.
Also they've been doing small mid engine sports cars for many years, so I trust them more, 'cause they don't feel the need to boast about their carbon chassis in every second sentence.
And the facelift elise looks like a qt, compared to the alfa that tries too hard to show the infamous italian passion.
>>
>>14523173
but a comparable elise is just as expensive
>>
>>14521983
>turbo 4 cylinder
>turbo v6
>automotive passion

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>14523173
Elise is slower, has a stripped bare interior, does boast about it's weight and aluminum chassis, though maybe not as much but it's no as special either so why would they, and all the rest the Alfa has plus more, and though I would never call the Elise ugly compared to the 4C, it is lacking a bit in beauty, but they are closer in looks than most would care to admit. Also I don't find the "italian passion" too bad on the 4C, look to the 8C though if you want your too much italian passion, but I don't think you'll find it on the 4C.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>14523272
A used one would be a lot cheaper, since they don't change a lot between the 2nd gen and the facelift.
>>14523348
It has the 2zz-ge engine, so the tuning capabilities are infinite. You can just slap a supercharger in there and call it a day.
And would you look at that luxurious interior on the 4c! It even has knobs for the ac, so you can get that extra 90s feeling!
>>
>>14523272
Also I forgot. A brand new 220 costs roughly 50k freedom monies. It's a shame your retarded goverment will not allow it in the roads for the same reason they won't allow the snek...
>>
>>14523480
Well if you want to talk about tuning then fair game, the 4C is also very tunable, and even against an exige s (for example) it would still be on par performance wise, if not still being faster, though that is debatable, but plenty of tuners have got 300 whp from fairly simple tuning on the 4C, so then where do we go in this performance argument?

Also yes the interior has shitty knobs, it also has very nice stitching, leather, and of course carbon fiber everywhere you look, if you option for all of that, which most 4Cs come with all those options. But regardless of all that, actually sitting in the 4C feels special with the interior, if you are the driver the controls are all very oriented towards you plus you get a really nice leather steering wheel and digital display with a very unique feel to it all, you might notice a pattern? Uniqueness, which is what the car is about, being unique and special. If all you have to say after sitting in the car and experiencing all of it is "holy shit the AC controls look bad" then you are missing the point by a mile. Also that picture is of a press car it looks like, I don't have a picture of the interior in a better light but that picture doesn't even have any of the "luxury" interior options in it so no shit it looks bare.
>>
>>14523587
>spend 100k to go as fast as a 30k mustang
>spend 100k to go slower than a used GTR
>muhhh light weight!!!!
>yet still slower around a track than "pigfat" cars
>>
File: BBS_Center_Fail_small.jpg (27KB, 489x292px) Image search: [Google]
BBS_Center_Fail_small.jpg
27KB, 489x292px
>>14522832
You say steelies like it's some kind of insult, unsprung weight autist
>>
>>14523619
>being this american
>>
>>14523656
>pays extra money for a worse product that is pretty

/fa/ please go
>>
>>14523619
Not sure if trolling at this point or pure autism but enjoy your purist spirited GTR driving and your 30k mustang that feels like an exotic italian supercar, oh wait... speed is fucking dumb to consider, you could spend the same money on a corvette and you would still be just as fast as a 4C so then by your logic just as fast as a 30k mustang, so then both cars are shit. (a mustang couldn't touch a Corvette or a 4C but you seem to think so so fuck it)
>>
>>14523676
Shouldn't you be practicing for the spelling bee right now?
>>
File: IMG_1873.jpg (536KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
536KB, 1400x1050px
>>14521988
>>14522286
>>14523480
fucking bitch... i am so jelly...
But hey i am driving Alfa Romeo GTV
>>
>>14523676
>mustang couldn't touch a 4c
The autism is real. You do know how shitty the 4c is right?

138 Alfa Romeo 4C 8:04.00
60 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 7:39.28 659 / 1750

>not even that fastest mustang on the list
The regular GT isn't on there but it for sure is faster than the 4c.
>>
>>14523723
It is ok to be mad a little 4 cylinder turbocharger italian sports car is better than your big old American V8 pony car, I don't even have anything against mustangs, in fact I rather like them, but for fucks sake the burger king fanboys they have sometimes...
>>
>>14523757
>mfw Im not even American
The 4c beats it in nothing but being more expensive. That's the entire point. Are you retarded? Be honest.
>>
>>14523757
The fanboyism is cased by 'Murican driving conditions. Side roads, unpaved roads, very long stretches of road from coast to coast, and off-roading, where a 4c turbo would fall apart
I suspect the Mustang will succumb to aluminum and carbon fiber shit soon enough as well though for the worse if it hasn't already
>>
>>14523772
>gets beat on one track made for high hp high speed
>officially worst at everything ever
>>
>>14523833
>Nothing to prove its better posted
>thinks the nurburg is only about power
How are your hands? Grasping at all those straws must hurt.
>>
Does anyone else think this thing's engine sounds like utter shit? Reminded me of when my vacuum caught fire. Or the last time I played GT4.
>>
>>14522237
>>14521953

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS WTF. NO
would have been perfect car if manual :(
>>
>>14521953
>the stressed small capacity engine meme
Get out of the internet, grandpa.
>>
>>14523556
Who are you replying to? Both are allowed in my country
>>
>>14523697
>FWD
Why didn't you get the old GTV6?
>>
File: 1425075070952.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
1425075070952.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>buying a 4 cylinder car that's not an econobox
>>
>>14523928
>implying the EcoBoost Mustang is not one of the best bang for buck vehicles on the market right now
>>
>>14523907
>idiot with a punto defending italian junk
>>
>>14523928
More like
>buying a $70k four cylinder
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.