[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new era of auto retardation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 10

File: asdf.jpg (954KB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
954KB, 1900x1267px
>Federal bureaucrats intend to mandate automated braking in all new cars – if the car companies don’t install these systems in every car they sell on their own initiative.

>These systems – which use radar proximity sensors to detect the presence of an object in the car’s path and apply the brakes automatically if the driver doesn’t – are already in about a third of 2016 model year cars, but not yet force-fed to the public by government edict.

>GM, Ford, Toyota, VW, Mercedes, BMW and Volvo have already committed – on their own – to making automated braking standard equipment in all their models within the next few years.

http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/02/19/mandatory-automatic-braking-for-all/

Keep your old cars, fags.
>>
Yes, yes, more detachment from responsibility, accountability, liability and plain fucking common sense. Would hate to have to think about what I'm (told to be) doing.
>>
>>14514840
It's disgusting.
>>
>>14514840
People hear cars coming and dont bother to look to assess the distance because they assume the driver will brake. No such thing als failure, a maniac or wet roads which might make last second braking moot.
Those are often people slightly older than me, and back in elementary we were taught to look both ways.

I like it as added safety, as much as i like self driving cars to get all those dui/text and driving people off the controls, but it having to be mandatory irks me.
Also the wording. "If you dont do it on your own we'll force you to"
>>
>>14514883
The deeper implications are worrying too. The government could seize control of your car. I wonder if Ben Garrison is going to do a comic about this.
>>
>>14514883
>People hear cars coming and dont bother to look to assess

So...that's the car/driver's fault, how? Both sides are bad.
>>
>>14514908
Its the peds fault for being cunts and ignoring cars when crossing the road. I am against installing systems at the expense of the driver for pedestrians negligence, if that wasnt clear from.my post
>>
Lucky for me the supply of 80s and 90s nipmobiles will never dry out.
>>
>>14514915
Do you live in Japan? How's that JDM tyte?
>>
>>14514923
I can import whenever and whatever I want.
>>
>>14514915
They said that about 60s and 70s cars. Now they are rare collectors items
>>
>>14514926
NZ?
>>
>Its illegal to make cars without a dumb feature

Why are we allowing this?

Surely if we boycott new cars alltogether they will be forced to change.
>>
>>14514894
That is if it's a GM car.
>>
>>14515044
>boycott new cars

I tought o was doing this by default?
I am just too greedy to give my money to some corporation jews for a good that gets worthless pretty fast.
Why pay like 40K$ for something you can get for 2K$?
>inb4 a huge discussion about old vs new
I know the advantages of new cars but they are not appealing to me at all.
So if you know what you are doing, don't buy new cars.
>not exploiting the used car market
>being jewed by car companies marketing
>>
>>14515175
I can understand people buying new.
You get exactly what you want, nobody farted and fucked inside your car before you did, you signal the manufacturer that THIS is the car people want etc.
But as more and more shit gets mandatory, we won't see simplistic cars anymore. Even though dacia isn't great, I do like their simplistic approach and therefore price for not-so-bad cars.
If the SFR gets made, I'd love to buy one but probably can't afford it because I'll be finishing my masters degree at that time. Same would've gone for the iDx, but they decided to cancel that.
>>
>>14515181
>tfw no sfr in usa
Feelsbadman
>>
I've always wondered what has been inspiring this wave of overregulation. Is it lobbying from the insurance companies, or what?
>>
>>14515202
The pussification of America
>>
File: Sh3SRiM.jpg (475KB, 800x1915px) Image search: [Google]
Sh3SRiM.jpg
475KB, 800x1915px
>>14515202
Women got voting rights and political power.
>>
>>14515213
Who profits from forcing everyone to drive blobby nannyboxes? Since this country's government is bought out by corporations and special interest groups, which ones are profiting from this?

>inb4 illjewminati :DDDD
>>
>>14515202
Them and also the car manufacturers.

They love that shit! They can sell you the same models with the regulated stuff build in and praise it as innovation.

Also, more tech in cars means more stuff to break down and they can sell you more spare parts and let you pay in specialized maintenance shops.

So yeah, just an other reason more to keep away from new cars as long as possible.
I wold rather be called poorfag in a corolla being actually poor because of payments for a Benz.
>>
>>14515241
The Government profits by making the population weak, pussified, reliant and easier to control.
>>
>>14515241
I don't think there's an underground evil corporation that profits from this. I think the car companies are just giving the normies what they think they want.
>>
>>14515248
No anon, companies create a need thru marketing. The "what you want part" is just a small part of it.

There is nothing evil about this. Companies are just exploiting peoples stupidity and emotional weaknesses.
Dumb people want new toys frequently. I am ok with this, since these goys pay full price and i can buy it for a lot less, 7 years later.
Or even 15 years later, since nothing really innovative and ground breaking happened, like super fuel efficient motors. Of course mpgs on newer cars are mostly better, but the difference is often small and not worth paying full price.
>>
>>14514840
Self driving cars are only a matter of time. They won't appeal to enthusiasts, but for 90% of the population they will be a good thing. Flagship sports cars will still be a thing for manufacturers because they help to sell shitboxes and boring mid range products.

>>14515253
>Of course mpgs on newer cars are mostly better, but the difference is often small and not worth paying full price.

This. The price difference between hybrids and non-hybrids buys a lot of gas even at $4/gal.
>>
>>14514913
I like you
>>
>driving my 2020 liberalmobile, illegally modified with antique manual transmission
>deer runs in front of car while traveling on the new pedestrian and bike friendly interstate highway system
>handicapable deaf retarded autistic lesbian fatqueer is triggered and stumbles into the road from PTSD flashbacks to xir's rape
>car slams on brakes
>doesn't push clutch in, car stalls
>lost steering
>lost brakes
>swerve off road and die
At least the pedestrians are safe.
>>
>>14515202
>oy vey goy looks like youve had a bit too much to think
>our system shows anti semitic searches on your phone
>itd be a shame if we shut down your google registered automated car's brakes
>>
File: TR001.jpg (178KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
TR001.jpg
178KB, 800x800px
Doesn't really bother me because I can now ride my motorcycle without getting rear ended by texting and driving people or some shit like that.
>>
>>14514883
Here is an idea. How about we ban the texting people from driving. And if you get into a DUI wreck we take your hands.

I rather live in that world than one with autonomous cars.
>>
>>14515292
Hopefully the actual car manufacturer's concept takes off; which would mean self-driving cars when you want it, not when you're allowed to.

Hopefully never the Uber/Google/Tesla concept, whom are too arrogant to ever allow anyone else's car to drive.
>>
how about instead of forcing everyone to abide by this new standard and drive up the cost of every automobile, they make texting and driving and drunk driving have even harsher consequences
>>
>>14514828
I'll just cut my automatic break line.
>>
File: image_12.jpg (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
9KB, 400x400px
>>14514828
>none of these systems work with manual transmissions
Is this the end of the manual transmission in the US?
>>
>>14516174
So this is how it dies. In the name of safety.
>>
I have a feature like that in my new car, well i guess it is that feature, but it's already saved me from rear ending a retarded cunt in a prius hard breaking to turn with no fucking lights on to signal it. Why is this bad. It's exactly for this situation. It doesn't brake half way down the block, you have to be pretty close.
>>
hahah sweet

so if i want to car jack someone all i have to do is throw some recycling bins in the street?

cool
>>
>>14516160
agreed

people who can't drive shouldn't be allowed to.. it's very simple
>>
>>14514828
Why is this so bad? It'll make driving safer.
>>
>>14515191
Wait, what? We wont get the SFR in the US?
fuck.
>tfw already planning on spending something on a decent car after I graduate, only the SFR looked mildly decent possible new car.
>>
>>14516190
Stop voting. Immediately.
>>14515234

It's the "mandatory" part. Once these systems become more popular, you'll notice that the crash rate will not change. People will be even more complacent than you already are in your Liberal Utility Vehicle, and still run into shit. These systems don't stop you from sides wipes or from being rear ended, they literally only stop you from having accidents due to your own negligence in front-end collisions. As others have said, stop texting and learn to drive.

Now, while you're relying on your automatic brakes, generally not giving a fuck because why would you anymore?, you come to a very sudden automatic stop. That's when the transport truck behind you turns you into a red mass of unrecognizable mush because HIS automatic brakes couldn't overcome physics.

This trend has been shown before with other active safety features. The net result is neutral, but now we have to pay more for it.
>>
>>14514928
I can wait to post my AW11 on craigslist with all the clichés
>>
Soon all new cars will be required to have an autopilot function, and after that manual controls will be an expensive option rather than standard equipment.
>>
>road is slick from rain or snow
>car senses a twig
>slams on brakes and I am unable to stop it

>I am rear ended by someone who was texting and eating a sandwich while going 90
>>
>>14516102
I prefer if the average person did not have contact with the pedals or steering wheel at all. The sheer number of accidents is proof that humans can't be trusted. Software errors are much rarer than human error. Much, much rarer.
>>
>>14515959
That already happens, and that's already happened. And yet people still crash. The vast majority of accidents is from human error, and human irresponsibility, and it's arrogant to think that humans have the ability to be in perfect control of a 1-3 ton machine at all times.
>>
>>14516618
You wouldn't be rear ended by them if their car was equipped with an auto-brake function.
>>
>>14516642
The driving assists almost rolled my vehicle by jamming on the brakes during a controlled slide. Computer knows all?
>>
>>14516684
The computer wouldn't allow the car to slide in the first place, of course it's going to freak out if you do something it's not intended for.
>>
>>14515241
Lower insurance rates (both in automobile and health as there are less accidents and less hospital visits)
Lower accident rates
More efficient use of infrastructure as less space is wasted on the roads (less lanes needed, traffic jams eliminated as they are the amplification of human error)
Better use of resources via more efficient use of fuel
More comfort as the constant need to be alert is eliminated
So, you, the consumer, can also profit in other ways.
>>
>>14516680
hey, if everyone in the USA is getting a free auto-pilot car and all vehicles made without auto-pilot are crushed, i am fully in support
>>
File: 1405978636565.jpg (6KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405978636565.jpg
6KB, 252x200px
>>14516642
>Much, much rarer.
In a controlled and well defined environment, such a manufacturing plant. Things get a bit fuzzier in the wilderness.
These measures could still be an improvement for some of the people driving, but I highly doubt that it would be a majority.
Having the car apply the brakes automatically in an emergency situation is far more complicated than hill assist, deciding when to change gears, or abs. If it can be done with sufficient ruggedness to where it won't be a danger in itself and not be a ridiculous increase in cost, I'm all for it being an option.
>option
>OPTION
The main issue remains that usually a well aware driver will take into account more factors in a maneuver than the sensors equipped in these early models. There's a myriad of issues that will hopefully make more people than just us m/o/rons uneasy.
>>
>>14516279
If we had spent the time and effort to expand, modernize, and maintain our public transportation then you'd have a point. Instead, we get a million billion miles of road and so you must have a car to get around.
>>
>>14516719
this, the transport options in the country are third world/10
>>
>2025
>after a night of drinking I voice my real opinion on future 4chan
>my name, address and public ip (version 6) is required to post
>encryption has been outlawed because only terrorists use it
> some hacker who disagrees with me looks up my public records and gets the ip of my car, its mac address and its operating system information
>remotely locks the brakes up while I'm sitting in traffic using the free version of metasploit
>try to turn it off and on again by disconnecting the battery but the hood is locked to certified gm mechanics only
>get fired as this is third time in a month this has happened
>get a huge traffic fine for disrupting traffic (again)
>>
>>14514828
>soon the only legal vehicles in the USA will be $40,000+ plastic, current model year crossover SUV eggs loaded full of technological 'features'
>you won't be able to fix the car yourself, not only due to the proprietary nature of the parts and tools needed, but legal 'safety' requirements for 'quality of work' and TPP mandated copyright law preventing aftermarket parts from being produced
>all 'unsafe' (older than current year) vehicles will be destroyed

Do you need to get to work? Come on down to the Toyota dealership and get a 25%, $45,999 loan on a brand new Sequoia with a 4 cylinder engine and a Palm Pilot touchscreen GPS system with MySpace connectivity.

Doesn't sound like a good deal? Walk to work. We defunded all of the public transportation.
>>
>>14516719
>>14516743

well then don't drink, text or do any retarded ass shit and you don't have anything to worry about

or be poor, i don't care
>>
Americans; too stupid to drive a car, too prideful to ride transit.
>>
>>14516807
too bad I can't prevent shitty drivers from driving.

It's not just the dangers, but the traffic, pollution and shitty roads that come from too many cars on the road.
>>
>>14516828
try to follow what the adults are talking about next time
>>
>>14516160
because then the state would make just about every chad and stacey a criminal or it would kill their savings and then we wouldn't have a country anymore. I love sweeping declarations about what the country ought to do from chantards. You're all silly-billies.
>>
Jesus fuck does this board get triggered by new things they can't afford.
>>
>>14516835
> fine the shit out of peolle for texting and driving
> kill state income
No
>>
what if it's just a shitty cat or garbage in the road and braking is not the safest option?
>>
>>14516851
>kill state income
didn't say that
>>
>>14516855
BRAKE! REKT! NEW CAR!
>>
>>14516857
States don't have savings
They're all in debt
>>
>>14516707
Several manufacturers are already testing. Tesla and Volvo, for example. Volvo is even going to test self-driving in the snow, a trouble area for self-driving cars. Also, sensors can do a much better job at keeping track of its surroundings than a human can. Radar can see through the dark, and all around while a human can actually focus on an area the size of a playing card. A well aware driver can still make mistakes. Often much more often an a computer will. And as more of them are adopted, the less unpredictable the road will be.
>>
>>14516845
More like idiots triggered when they are no longer given control of things they really can't control anyways.
>>
>>14516867
Until the computer crashes and you're fucked.
>>
>>14516866
again,
>>14516857

if you take away chad and stacey's spending power you end up with Russia 2: peasant boogaloo.
>>
>>14516834
see
>>14516160

maybe you should too
>>
>>14516824

America isn't like Europe. People are more spread out which makes mass transit less practical. For me to get to work, I'd have to walk five miles to the nearest bus stop, get on four or five different buses, then walk 10 miles from the bus top to my work. It's not about pride, I just don't want to spend four or five hours getting to work everyday when I could just drive myself and be there in half an hour.
>>
>>14516886
Well, maybe you should focus on driving so the good nanny state doesn't have to implament auto braking
>>
>>14515234
This. Women's suffrage is the worst mistake in American History.
>>
>>14514828

>year 2026
>Tearing up the touge on my baiku
>Get stuck behind a new crossover
>We're going through a fast sweeper
>Suddenly a leaf flutters in front of the car
>FULL LOCK
>I stand the bike up mid turn and stop inches from the crossover's rear bumper
>holyfuck.jpg
>Suddenly hear super euro beat
>A mid 90s civic appears out of nowhere
>I am squashed between the civic and crossover
>Thanks Obama
>>
Honestly, do we really care? Almost nothing made now is worth buying. If you want to buy new, build a kit car or something. I'm happy that the average idiot will be able to cause less accidents.
>>
whats the problem? safer driving and less accidents, omg fucking horrible worse than fwd dagumi miata
>>
>>14516937
>implying it'll be allowed
>implying cars without autobraking won't be banned from roads
>implying there still we be tracks
>>
>>14516944
Fucking cuck
>>
>>14516930
10/10
>>
Why. Why the hell can't I just say 'no, I don't want these safety features'? Or 'I don't need that stability assistance and tire pressure sensors'?

Why can't I be responsible for my own well being? Why can't I rely on my driving skills and take responsibility for my driving? Why can't I spend my fucking money, or at least the part that I am allowed to spend after the state bites off it's part, the way I want? Why should the car companies not be able to cater to what I want? Why can't I decide whether I want to be safe and how safe exactly? Who loses if I pick a wrong car? Who should give a shit?

If I wanted someone to tell me what kind of car I can buy, I could have asked my dad and buy a compact FWD korean shitbox. Who is it that has the honor of telling us what to do with our money and by what right?
>>
>>14516978
Because you need to THINK OF THE CHILLUNS.
>>
>>14516874
>Until the computer crashes
That's a big "If", buddy.
>>
>>14516990
Yea, computers never crash.
>have you tried turning it off and on again?
>AAAAARGH!
>>
>>14516998
Much less often than humans.
>>
>>14516978
Welcome to being a libertarian, anon. Your faded Ron Paul bumper sticker and mandatory "Don't Tread On Me" will be in the mail presently.
>>
>>14517004
When humans turn off, small chance they'll be on again.
>>
>>14516978
Buy a motorcycle. Or a kit car. Mass market cars have rules to follow.
>>
>>14517004
cause sensors work for years, right?
>>
>>14517016
I really wish kit cars were more available. Would be cool if there were companies that just sent the seats or some other parts separate so they can call it a kit car and avoid regulation.
>>
>>14517013
Like when they fall asleep at the wheel?
>>14517024
They do, actually. Quite well, too.
>>
>>14517024
Not a problem, just buy new cars every few years. It would be best to lease them :^)
May I recommend Goldberg Leasing
>>
>>14517049
This, you won't privately own the car, you'll be leasing it and paying for fuel/electricity.
>>
>>14517046
Computers crash at a higher rate than people falling asleep at the wheel.
>>
>>14517063
Not really. How often has the ECU on your car given out? Or for a more complex situation, how often do you hear about a Tesla giving out randomly? And that uses a full Linux based OS.
>>
>>14514840
Auto manufacturers are just responding to the market demand. Since women are the ones who usually purchase products and cars that is who these companies are trying to please.

Women want safety, comfort, and user friendliness. Don't blame the auto manufacturers. Same thing with politics, women have been electing politicians who put all these safety and environmental regulations in place. Sure you're crossover will be heavier with all the safety features, bigger, more expensive, and less efficient but you'll be safer :^)
>>
>>14516843
An example of human superiority.
>>
>>14517063
[citation needed]
>>
I know it's fun to make exaggerated posts about a distopian future, but in reality, they won't ban older cars. Hell, I would own an "automatic" car if it meant travelling while asleep.

Besides, new cars aren't even fun to drive anymore, even the ones geared toward sportiness have too many safeguards in the way of actual enjoyment. The way technology has gone, it was only a matter of time before people decided they want to spend all their time on Facebook and Instagram to prove how much of a social life they have to each other.
>>
File: 1307235846505.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1307235846505.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>14516174
>mfw I will probably own one of the last manual cars and will be but into a museum in 20 years

Aside from cars like the Viper which only come in manual. I have a 2015 car. It's only a matter of time manual goes completely obsolete. It's an absolute shame the Viper is going to cease production too I wanted to purchase one someday when I have enough money. RIP car enthusiasts and hobby.
>>
>>14517145
The hobby's been dying ever since boomers been yelling at kids to get away from their cars at shows and people saying working with your hands is for retards.
>>
>>14516955
Kit cars can jump through a lot of legal loopholes since they're not sold as running vehicles.
>>
>>14517046
You can't compare radar sensors to simple ultrasonic proximity sensors.
>>
>>14517192
Many of the experimental self-driving cars do use radar though. With pretty good results, too. But let me ask you, if these self-driving cars were so unreliable, can you give me proof of their danger to the road?
>>
>>14517145

You wont. Yurop won't let go of their manuals
>>
>>14517203
almost all automated braking assistants are radar with a stereo camera and they usually fail to brake enough outside of perfect conditions. That shit is useless unless you drive 10mph the whole time.
>>
>>14517229
>and they usually fail to brake enough outside of perfect conditions
Like Tesla's autopilot?
>>
>>14517229
So, cars limited to 10mph in cities when?
>>
>>14517234
Yeah it was really extreme testing. It could brake when the car infront braked a little. Try that in rain with a full stop now.
>>
>>14516743
Not even, as a third worlder here who's traveled, the only place I've been with better public transportation is New York city, outside of there it gets spotty. In my country, if you want to take a bus and head to the beach, you can easily do it since the stop is like at most 500m away from all other stops.
>>
>>14516304
You sound like a statist cuck
>>
>>14516794
kek
>>
>>14516879
I'd rather live in Russia than in the US if the state is going to take away my rights to drive a car
>>
File: 1435738517348.jpg (13KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1435738517348.jpg
13KB, 229x220px
>>14516930
>>
>>14516978
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEtygP1Qfjk
>>
>>14517469
you say that but i don't think you'd go through with it.

would make for a very interesting reality television series though.
>>
automated driving means flying cars

say goodbye to roads cucks
>>
>>14517495
I don't live in the US and I'm actually planning to go to Russia once I get my engineering degree. But I'm also considering getting dat H1B to make some monies so I can start a company. I'd be happy starting a company in the US or another country with fairly lax tax policies and arranging things so I can run it from Russia. It would be just ideal.
>>
>>14517510
I'll shoot you down if you fly within 200 meters above my property, thanks to Donald Trump, I can legally own a SAM
>>
>>14515175
I thought we didn't buy new cars because we were poorfags.

Not being cucked by safety regulations is just a bonus.
>>
>>14516690
At the price of enjoyment in driving.

This started years ago, back when the compensation meme first came about.

Hooning around in an empty industrial lot became "showing off" to an invisible crowd and vape'n'scrape stancefags took the spotlight as the millennial auto enthusiast.

I blame boomers and women voters.
>>
>>14517510
Dude, planes crash almost everyday. With dedicated traffic control
Look at this: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/2-small-planes-crash-in-mid-air-plunge-into-ocean-off-l-a-1.2767296
They crashed with no survivors. And there isn't a really great amount of planes flying around. Besides, land is usually the cheaper medium since all force is used to move you towards your destination. The plane needs to generate aerodynamic lift because there's no normal force to keep it down.
>>
>>14516824
The Europoo is a bus cuck too.

Refugees welcome, Sven.
>>
>>14517563
>the compensation meme
you mean the "big truck small dick" meme?
typical liberals, if you want something you enjoy you must have a small dick. Be it trucks, guns, muscles from lifting, a nice house or whatever.
I blame projection.
>>
>>14517576
Big truck, V8, forced induction, etc.

Sour grapes from the same lot that flip their shit over a Ferrari California.
>>
>>14517569
Was doing this part of your plan?
>>
>>14517597
It's like they get mad because people actually enjoy things. They must be really miserable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvNeWkBrUvE
>>
>>14516160
Unfortunately, the threat of harsher punishments doesn't have a strong effect on reducing unwanted behaviors.
It would make sense if it did, but it doesn't work out that well in reality. See the history of crack cocaine sentencing in the USA as an example
>>
>>14517620
It's as they say,

>what is a boyracer car?
>something the missus wouldn't let me buy
>>
>>14517642
kek
manginas, the whole lot of them
look at this asshole dyke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF_4OEoFOgU
fucking walking stereotypes
>>
>>14514828
I removed the TRAC and ABS from my car. Basically replaced each unit with a tee fitting. I'm sure it will work on the new cars too genius.
>>
>>14517576
To be fair the average lifted truck dudebro is a massive faggot and should be insulted by everyone.
>>
>>14517834
dude, just chill
what's wrong with bros with lifted trucks?
I agree that lifts not intended for offroading constitute faggotry though
>>
File: 1455117049497.png (272KB, 330x736px) Image search: [Google]
1455117049497.png
272KB, 330x736px
>>14517617

You seem like a big guy, what do you think?
>>
So as I'm driving down the street, some assholes can just walk out, force my car to stop, and then stand there while their buddies carjack me?

And I won't be able to run them over?
>>
>>14518368
I could be one for the right man
>>
>>14514828
I don't mind this system as it's a safety net, not a take over. If you drive like a normal person and not try to shove your faggoty memebox up someone else's ass the system will probably never activate.

>>14516998
It's called hard real time. Your car's ECU and hospital life support computers are built to handle errors without crashing at all all while managing to maintain all required operations.
>>
>>14518378
How often does this even happen
>>
>>14518457
Never, because criminals know that they'll probably be run over if they try to carjack someone like that. If someone tries to get me out of my car, I'll just rev the engine and dump the clutch, no matter who's standing in front of me.

Since there are cars with the auto-brake feature already though, someone actually probably could pull that move off today. It'd just be tough to spot the exact make/model/trim with the auto-brake feature since there aren't very many. Once all new cars have auto-brake, the number of easy targets jumps drastically.
>>
>>14518518
>>14518457
This is how a lot of (maybe most?) carjackings happen in Illinois.
>>
If you buy any new car with any if these bullshit safety systems and automation, you're full retard. How do you not forsee problems? The end game is controlling the driver and further restricting, and you bet it'll be expensive.
>>
>>14516867
The only thing I'm concerned about is accident prevention. There's been so many times where I accurately predicted what people are gonna do to avoid an accident. Had I just been following the law without reading the drivers language, I would've been in many wrecks already.
>>
>>14517534
>I thought we didn't buy new cars because we were poorfags.

Only a fool pays full price. It aint about being rich, its about letting some other poor sap pay full price before taking it off their hands for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>14518561
Another man farted in your seat and smeared his gooch juice on your steering wheel after smelling it. Much like your lightly used girlfriend.
>>
>>14518582
What if the guys that drive your car during delivery intentionally fart in every seat. What if no one that has bought a new car has actually sat in a seat that another man never farted in?
>>
>>14518540
Agreed. I want everyone else to have this system. If the "other guy" had one of these his car would have stopped itself when he fell asleep and I'd still have my car.
>>
>>14518561
>Sour grapes poor fag trying to rationalize because he can't afford new cars they suck anyway

Listen kiddo, I bought a new car with my mommies money. I'm taking good care of it and it'll last me many years. Instead of buying shitty used cars and spending thousands on repairs that will NEVER be as good as a NEW car.
>>
>>14516657
I want humans in control of 1-3 ton machines that know they aren't in full control of it. They will know that they have limits.
>>
>>14517074
ive had an ecu failed an infinite number more times than ive fallen asleep at the wheel
which would be 2 ecus to 0 sleeping while driving

also how long until car hacking becomes a mainstream item that the manufacturer ships with a free trial of norton or someshit?
>>
>>14518690
>not buying certified pre owned
>>
>>14516304
>>14516680
>>14516704
>>14516845
>>14516872
>>14516944
>ITT: cucks
I didn't even bother to quote all of them
>>
>>14515292
>Self driving cars are only a matter of time.
Self driving cars will be a common thing in a really distant future.
There's no decent infrastructure anywhere to support automated cars right now, nor there'll be in 50 years time.
>>
>>14521115
There is enough computational horsepower to perform real time visual processing which, surprise, requires no infrastructure changes.
>>
>>14516304
Itll make more irresponsible driving. If you have ever been on nc hwy70 people dont pay attention to exits any more and slam theri breaks to get in them as well as drive bumper to bumper on a 60 when not paying attention
>>
>>14516874
Computer crashes really aren't the problem. the real problem is that electronics age poorly, so making crs rely that much on them for vital systems, or systems that are legally required makes programmed obsolecense a bigger issue.
Gotta like these $40 000 cars with a life expectancy of 5 years.
>>
>>14521136
It's not as simple as you think.
And even then, fully automated cars won't be a thing, not without the option of taking control.

Just look at comercial jets, it's way easier for a onboard computer to control a plane than a car. But humans still land them.
>>
>tfw my car had this since 2010 and it's not even an option

stay ripped off everyone else
>>
>>14521263
You must never have heard about ILS.
>>
>>14518613
can confirm, drove new cars onto trains for a couple months, best place to fart at work is alone in a brand new car
>>
>>14521320
>implying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Airlines_Flight_1951
HE DIDN'T LAND SO GOOD
>>
>>14521320
>>14523012
Oh and BTW it requires infrastructure, it isn't "visual processing"
>>
>>14515202
Jews, feminism, leftism
>>
>>14518540
It's not like if it's on a rail. They can avoid obstacles. Same thing with people standing on the road.

As for carjackings, it's a really ridiculous scenario as either the car will avoid the obstacle (potential carjacker), or in the highly unlikely case it's successful, the carjacker can be traced by GPS, like what happened with a stolen Tesla.
>>
File: this tbh fam.gif (212KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
this tbh fam.gif
212KB, 921x155px
>>14518540
>>
>>14517171
>implying they won't change that
>>
File: 1425515695875s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1425515695875s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
tfw when you own a car from the 80s and dont give a fuck
>>
>>14524299
Yeah but you own a car from the 80s.
>>
>>14524310
and?
>>
>>14524329
It's like a blind person making fun of a cripple.
>>
>>14524333
I missed the part where i made fun of someone.
>>
>>14514828
the average age of a car on american roads is 13 years old

also none of my cars have that bullshit

and to be honest most people cannot afford cars that come equipped with these systems
>>
>>14524310
80s cars are cool.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.