[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cali4nians, know anywhere I can get a guaranteed SMOG pass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (16KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 450x299px
Have a 97 jeep i bought at an auction, so no seller to smog it. Looked up it's records and it failed a smog in 09 due to tampered part.

Anyone know someone I can go to and pay extra to get a smog passed?
>>
>>14511465
>Have a 97 jeep i bought at an auction
that's where you fucked up
>>
It used to be easy any shop would do it for an extra hundred. All that changed like 4 years ago. They did a major sting operation and arrested like 200 people in a month for it. I don't know if anyone does it anymore but it's very rare and very hush hush.
>>
got it for 600 so I'm not too mad would just like to get it on the road
>>
>>14511465
It's a 97 so you're in luck, obdII is great.

I'd go to a guy and get a pre-test, see what they says wrong with it, then go from there.
It's probably easier to just fucking fix it.
>>
>>14511465
they upped the prices to 400 now. and many places aren't doing it anymore since shits gotten more strict for them.

shits not worth it anymore unless you got something that's a major pain in the ass to remove and switch back.
>>
Yeah thing is it hasn't really moved in 2 years, so I'm going to the DMV tomorrow with the paperwork. Hopefully I'll get a temporary operating permit to have it for 30 days so i can drive it around to get the engine breathing again properly.

I started it up yesterday after changing oil, sparkplugs, filters, and I ordered a radiator replacement I'll install on it as well since the current one has a small leak in it. Car runs fine, just thing that I'm gonna need to run it for a bit so it burns right
>>
>>14511558
>temporary operating permit to have it for 30 days
if it was on non-op, then you will just get two 1 use permits to go to a shop and back.
>>
>>14511492
It definitely still exists and isn't that rare. I used to work for a race shop and we had a smog place that did it for us. (So guys could drive their cars to the track.)

Not a chance in hell of me posting details and getting them in trouble, but maybe ask local speed shops if they have a guy.
>>
File: tip.png (81KB, 977x389px) Image search: [Google]
tip.png
81KB, 977x389px
>>14511617
>>14511538
>>14511492
>>14511465
>>
>>14513109
Woooah so scary.
>>
>>14513109
even though this is bait
>smog laws in california is a state law not federal so what would this acomplish
>>
>>14513135
>this
>>
literally Mexicans
Literally Santa ana
>>
Fuck commiefornia, move to a superior state like Washington or Maine.

Actually, don't. Stay in your shithole commie state.
>>
Let me know so I can report them to the BAR. More business for my Dad. Or just move to a better part of the state, where you only have smog when buying or selling.
>>
It's sketchy as fuck but just go to any and all hispanic or foreigner smog and ask lowkey.
Some still do it but without a known hook up already you're going to have to sketch some people out.
It's gotten bad with the STAR smogs.
That's what my coworker did for his honda. He sold it now but when he needed it his girlfriend went around asking.
Fucking bitch must have sketched everyone out but they found a place.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 630x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 630x623px
>>14515655
That's where I live, I brought my truck to a smog check and they didn't even test it, they opened the hood, then gave me the paperwork, $40 total out the door.
>>
>>14511465
Just fucking fix it. You will get better gas mileage, OBD2 systems that have failures in various emissions systems go full retard when they detect a failure.
>O2 Sensor fails on my 03 tacoma
>Getting 18MPG on a 2.4L 4 banger driving like a grandma
>Replace sensor
>26MPG
Later down the road
>Coolant temp sensor fails
>Just the sensor is fucked, all else is fine (Had replaced the coolant thermostat earlier, and the fan is driven off the crank)
>Engine never leaves Hi-Idle 1100RPM all day
>Runs rich as fuck
>20MPG even when I drive like a grandma
>Replace sensor and get 26mpg back

The quicker you fix it the more money you save.
>>
>>14516479
OP has nigger mentality,

doesnt want a solution to his problem, only wants a shortcut around it.
>>
>>14516498
Exactly, the funny part is he can take it to autozone and get the code scanned for free, and I bet you it is something as simple as the previous owner running some resistors or a spacer on a dead O2 sensor.
Does CA have a grace period on the registration for emissions? VA gave me a 1 month grace period to get my trucks emissions situation resolved.
>>
>Spend $500 to illegally smog a car that probably needs 2 hours and an $80 part to fix.

OP pls stop
>>
>>14511538

Remove and switch back what?

I've been in a similar situation as OP for months now. My mr2 got flagged as a gross polluter meaning i have to get it tested for the the next five years straight. Theyll pass it for $250 but i just don't feel comfortable spending $1250 for those five years on a secondary shitbox AND not truly fixing the issue. Shop wants $625 to fix and pass legitimately but i don't want to be ultra fucked when i go back next year and it fails and they give me the "haha idk bro" wave off.
>>
>>14516580
LEAVE the god damn state.

Bunch of cali retards. You get on here and bitch yet you dont address the absolute core of the issue, your state.

LEAVE THE CANCER BEHIND.
>>
>>14516603
Or you could just learn to work on cars in a basic capacity, who on a car enthusiast board would actually want to do that though, seems like too much trouble
>>
>>14516614
Yes, you could. BUT, why subject yourself to calis laws? Not just the emissions shit but guns as well.

Based macon county western NC reporting in. We dont even test emissions in this county.

After market headers and no cats makes for good power.
>>
>>14516580

I plan to in the future.

Unfortunately it would be much easier to fix my emissions issue first and then consider new housing and employment in a completely different state with no connections later.

I'm genuinely sorry that out presence bothers you so much anon.

Really i'm not though.
>>
File: DSC_0156.jpg (719KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0156.jpg
719KB, 1200x803px
>>14516635
I live in CA, have no mufflers, no cats, lots of guns, and I don't have to live in North Carolina. If you have over 100 IQ and the motivation to spend 5 minutes learning something you can easily find ways to do whatever you want in CA.
>>
>>14516645
You could be making the same money with 1/2 the cost of living and better roads in NC

CA is a scam.
>>
>>14516645
No....

Heh, your guns laws are terrible. I know you live there and want to defend them but you can even own a .50

I can even have guns sent directly to my house as im an 03 FFL. Not so for you even if you had an FFL 03.

CA is objective SHIT.

Yes, you can try and find some compromise and jump through all the hoops but in the end the CA roster of pistols just get smaller every year.
>>
>>14516686
>but you can even own a .50

Sorry, meant to say Cant*
>>
>>14516580
Fix it yourself faggot.
>>
>>14516603
>>14516635
>>14516660
>>14516686
>muh flyover
lel I don't see Californians shitting on other states without provocation.
>>
>>14516697

I'm considering it. I'll still be blowing $300+ on parts though.

Stupid question but what i've been wondering is if it's possible for a car to be so shit at emissions it's unfixable save for a new engine. the shop i went to looked into it and quoted me at 625 for a new cat, O2 sensor, modulator, and something else i'm forgetting. I really don't want to go through that shit myself just for them to not make the easy buck they wanted and fail me anyway.

I went to another shop and they basically told me it's fucked/don't fix it. It's at over 200% NO2 levels.
>>
>>14513109
Don't be a Jew
>>
>>14516660
But why live amongst the common negro in NC?
>>
>>14516723

Fucking this.

Why does everyone assume we're assholes when we're never the ones to start a fight?

Why does every fucker feel the need to type a fucking essay because In-N-Out wasn't the best burger ever like no one claims?

Other states treat CA like the rest of the world treats the US. No doubt we have our problems though but such hostility always surprises me.
>>
>>14516723
NC isnt flyover tier, at least to most people.

North Dakota, South Dakota, New Mexico... these are all flyovers.

But hey, I dont care. I have some of the best roads to drive on as well as no emissions and great guns laws.
>>
>>14516734
Do a simple compression test before investing.
>>
>>14516752
>Other states treat CA like the rest of the world treats the US.

Because you elect IDIOT people like Fienstien...

You allow your 2nd amendment rights to be trampled on. Jew york is just as bad if not worse.

We dont need that cancer in the US.

Cali and Jew york are becoming so different its really not even the US anymore if you compare them to normal God fearing states.
>>
>>14516774

What state.

Don't act like this whole country isn't fucked by the idiocy of its own people.

Every state gives out its little freebies and talking points to keep the passionate masses happy.

>muh guns
>muh lack of guns
>muh education (not)
>muh veterans (not)
>muh welfare
>>
>>14511465
Stick a $100 in the tail pipe.
>>
Not having automatic .50 cals and grossly polluting shitboxes is a small price to pay for living in such a beautiful state. Yeah we have some dumb laws but it's certainly not worth moving out of the state over it.

Btw all cars 1975 or older and all diesels 1997 or older are completely smog exempt here. And that's the only inspection we have here; no safety inspections or anything else.
>>
>>14516890
>Not having automatic .50 cals

Its not just that, you and I both know its goes much much further than that....

Magazine limits, CA "approved" rosters, micro-stamping, "assault weapons" ban.... its goes on...
>>
hence why we must manifest the great state of jefferson, kill the regulations, populate the national forests and drive our shitboxes down to beanertown to upset the yuppies.
>>
>>14516774
>still being this mad about a state that didn't do anything to you
lel
>>
>>14516951
You'd cut a cancerous growth off if you could wouldn't you? Or at least treat with chemo....
>>
>>14516951
wat? lol.

learn 2 history. cali vamps off nearly every state and are notorious for running shit into the ground because of their own hubris and ineptitude.
>>
>>14516932
I'm very familiar with our gun laws. And I say again, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>14516986
>And I say again, it's not a big deal.

To the oppressed its normalcy.

To the free its obvious oppression and deprivation of rights.
>>
>>14516965
>implying states wouldn't be begging to have california back

>>14516969
more like the other states need welfare that California pays for
>>
>>14511465
in CA they dont even do a sniffer test anymore. If your ECU is in ready mode and all checks out with the sensors and what not you are golden.

I run no cats and with a little software trickery, I passed CA smog.
>>
>>14516996
>being such a crybaby that he'd move out of a beautiful state just because he can't have an automatic weapon
Sorry I'm not as immature as you
>>
>>14517071
>automatic weapon

What are you talking about?

I dont need a automatic weapon. Those are extremely expensive with Mac 10's starting at 5-6K last i checked years ago. The wait it like 1-2 years to be approved.

Semi-auto on the other hand is entirely different....

Its your prerogative to live in a state thats chipping away at your rights slowly.... lol just keep taking it in the ass.
>>
>>14517091
>Complains vehemently about not being able to own certain guns in a state that he doesn't even live in
>Can't even own said guns in the state he does live in anyway
Lol pretty sad to be honest
Ever thought that maybe not every single Californian is a diehard gun enthusiast?
>>
>>14517144
>Can't even own said guns in the state he does live in anyway

Yes, I can. I have both a credit card and a reasonable sheriff who signs off on class III weapons transfers.

But I dont need one. But I am capable, unlike yourself.

Its not that you need to be a gun enthusiast. Its the simple fact that your basic right to bear arms is being violated.

I dont care if you sit by and do nothing, you have to live there not me.
>>
File: tumblr_li9pbchiRl1qhljyso1_500.jpg (50KB, 460x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li9pbchiRl1qhljyso1_500.jpg
50KB, 460x333px
>>14517172
I wouldn't be talking if I were you since your alcohol is controlled by your state lol. Enjoy your 15% ABV limit on beer and not being able to buy liquor after 9pm and not at all on Sundays. Yes I know how to use Google, too.

So have fun with having those rights taken away from you. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying this sunshine, these beautiful women, nice cars and my .308 rifle.

Can't blame you though. I'd be butthurt too if I had to live in a shitty FLYOVER state.
>>
>>14517338
>since your alcohol is controlled by your state

I dont drink, its degenerate.

Are you seriously implying that because I cant buy supermarket liquor that I am at a disadvantage?

Oh anon.....
>>
File: eyy.png (272KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
eyy.png
272KB, 560x560px
>>14516830
Looks like it's running a bit rich.
>>
>>14517506
Fuck you Carlos!
>>
>>14517023
That's only true for cars with onboard monitors which I think starts around 04 or 05, still have to sniff older cars
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.