[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving Feels.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>Living in Greece
>Driving a comfy fiesta 2002 shitbox
>Really like driving,cruising around,night driving
>Tell my friends to go on small trips to have fun
get denied.
>Tell them to go to a far away nice beach on summer ,get denied
>No one likes me i guess or they dont like driving.
>Confused.jpeg

Was i born in the wrong decade /o/? Or is it only me that thinks that driving is really enjoyable and you can see new places?
Since when driving became a bore?
>>
>>14453799
pay debts
>>
>>14453801
:^)
>>
>>14453799
>no one likes me

This one, brah.
>>
>>14453912
:(
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14453799
Damn, that sucks. When I was in high school, a ton of my friends would always be down to just drive somewhere random and get lost. That's what we did most weekends when there wasn't anything else to do.
>>
>>14453799
How about instead of driving around you work a job to boost your country's economy?
>>
My mates call me pretty much daily, asking me if I am free and want to go cruising around.
Best of all, I pretty much never have to pay for fuel because some chick is willing to chug money in the tank of my shitbox for a ride.
>>
>>14454120
12 hours are not enough?
>>
>>14454132
I envy you
>>
>>14454120
>How about instead of driving you work a job so your government can support all of the 'refugees' that they want to provide free healthcare, housing and stipends for.

FTFY, go fuck a goat.
>>
I do the same during the Spring and Summer months.
I like exploring my state (California) and going through the mountains and to the ocean.
Usually ill camp out for the night and bring some food and pot.
>>
>>14453799
>Driving fiesta
Tits or gtfo bitch
>>
File: 8092248501_512d5cd99b_z.jpg (160KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
8092248501_512d5cd99b_z.jpg
160KB, 427x640px
>>14453799
My mate keeps asking me to do a fucking 4-8 hour road trip.
I was raised in the back seat of the car, driving from one fucking place to another, if I can avoid it, I'll never do a road trip for the rest of my life.
>>
>>14453799
It's probably because you are clearly a faggot.
Everyone loves road trips, they don't love road trips with faggots. Also, sometimes people don't have the time or money and politely decline.
>>
>>14455335
Cmon man thats harsh. I can understand the time and money problem though
>>
>>14455327
>doesn't like being on the open road
>on /o/

Is there something you want to talk about, anon?
>>
>in Greece

Your friends are probably too poor to afford doing anything fun

>>14455270

Greeks voted for Syriza like 6 times in a row within a very short period despite them repeatedly stating that they would accept austerity measures (after saying they wouldn't at first), accept refugees, and basically planned to fuck the country up. Greeks deserve every single thing they get.
>>
>>14453799
too bad you got a piece of shit car or you could join a club. I live in greece too..some cars have nice clubs and fans that do roadtrips all year around.
>>
>>14456219
Seriously, why are we allowing Greece to still be a country? We should let Albania, Macedonia, and Bulgaria annex it.
>>
>>14456267
i'd like to see them try to do that
>>
>>14456310
Wutchu gone do? Hurl olives at them while shouting; OXI!! ?
>>
>>14456310
perhaps the fact that greece has more tanks, than germany, or perhaps having around 300 combat aircraft and attack hellicopters while these 3 countries you listed have jack shit?
>>
>>14456239
Well there is a fiesta club i think .to who or what are you referring to??
>>
File: 1430089441612.gif (74KB, 278x340px) Image search: [Google]
1430089441612.gif
74KB, 278x340px
>>14456333
>>
File: 1415980688101.jpg (834KB, 2001x604px) Image search: [Google]
1415980688101.jpg
834KB, 2001x604px
>stuck behind a slow car
>accelerate to overtake
>don't feel like slowing down
>>
>>14453799
Younger people don't like going anywhere, it costs them money which they don't have because they have the need to buy a new iToy every year
>>
>>14456117
Honestly? Wrong friends, probably.
>>
File: sadtoad.png (73KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
sadtoad.png
73KB, 412x351px
>tfw your shitbox is past it's prime
>>
>>14459034
Implying it ever was any good
>>
File: 1455226050684.jpg (8KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455226050684.jpg
8KB, 238x250px
>>14453799
>Living in Greece
>>
>>14459055

it's all relative anon
>>
As a rider, I used to get texts at 7am asking if I can make it to x petrol station in 40 minutes for a 600km round trip at the drop of a hat.

Depends on your friends. Some people see driving/riding as a means from A to B and it's a chore.
>>
>>14459548
> implying people in Greece can afford to hang themselves
>>
>>14455327
Road trips can be multi-car, anon.
>>
>>14453799
Greece still exists?, why hasn't Turkey invaded you yet?
>>
it's because you drive a piece of shit

χαχαχαχα

If i still lived in Greece i'd ride with ya man (kιατο here)
>>
>>14456983
I know lots of guys who drive 2-3 hours every weekends to go to different mountain roads
>>
>>14453799
Should have bought a Swift μαλάkα μου.
>>
>lay awake at night
>feel feels
>think about things
>people I have lost
>people I am loosing
>the ones I have left
>think about dad
>hurts a lot at this point

>get to dads old car
>black unidentifiable sedan
>cruise around at night
>turn off lights whenever I can

Somehow being "stealthy" helps with the feels
>>
>>14461110
Damn man
>>
>>14461071
Its the same thing μαλαkα μου
>>
File: 1421682554675.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1421682554675.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>14460556
Ι want to go to kiato one day . just for a ride and coffee ::)
>>
>>14456267
TRI MORETA when?
>>
File: 1455221572316.png (42KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1455221572316.png
42KB, 519x370px
>buy first car at 16 with money i'd saved up myself, a 79 el camino
>fall in love with it, it's my favorite car ever
>drive it for years, some minor problems
>take it into the shop
>it has severe frame rot, and the whole frame would need replaced and I am dirt poor and could never afford that, buy some cheap shitbox to drive instead
>mfw my baby sitting in my garage dying of car cancer and there's nothing I can do about it
>>
>>14461828
Drive it into a fire anon, send her out proper. If you can't afford to fix it, at least end it quickly.
>>
>>14462105
+1

My first car, my Exploder, I sold to my buddy for $500 and he just fixed a couple things and flipped it. I really shoulda gone on a rampage with it and then a demo derby. I know some Mexican is driving it around now with a bunch of stupid chrome trim.
>>
>On first date with current girlfriend of 2 years
>Take her out in the hoopty
>Front bench seats
>Taking her home and take a detour
>Chebby V8 wide open, glass packs screaming
>Warm summer night so windows are down
>She slides over and snuggles up, head on my shoulder
>I put my arm around her
Never been happier.
>>
File: 1453981816581.jpg (20KB, 277x333px) Image search: [Google]
1453981816581.jpg
20KB, 277x333px
>Drive a better line through the twisties in a 1 ton van than the RS5 in front of me
Anyone else always drive best line?
I think it's moved beyond compulsion at this point. I do shopping carts in the store too.
>>
>>14453799
Its because you have a 2002 fiesta
>>
>>14456267
Spotted the Albanian. What's wrong bud? All your friends immigrated?
>>
Πρέπει να kάνεις παρέα με kάγkουρες.

I-I mean p-pay denbts
>>
>>14462140
Aww that made me feel good. I've had some shitty times to be able to afford mu car. Like 'loosing weight' shitty times. Been better since. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1455538455070.jpg (41KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1455538455070.jpg
41KB, 500x333px
I never though much of it until now, but typing this last night in another thread made me feel weird.
>be in kindergarten
>dad makes models & molds and needed more resin
>go to supplier to pick up a few buckets in our old '76 suburban
>people there have popcorn machine, so they give me a bag
>leave feeling uneasy
>decide to sit in middle
>trying to distract myself with popcorn
>hear my dad shout something
black
>I come to with a firefighter pulling me from the seat and dad calling me from outside the truck
>dazed and confused, my child mind hasn't comprehended what had happened yet
>all I could think is, "where'd my popcorn go"
>firefighter takes me to a firetruck to distract me
>mom and coworker speeds in and takes me home
>had a large burn mark across entire lap from the lap belt
Apparently when my dad was crossing an intersection, we arrived at a green so he hardly slowed down, and someone decided to not stop and slammed into the side of us. When trying to correct the truck, he whipped it around and ran into the median.
I always sat in the passenger side rear seat.
I went to the supplier on that side.
That side had a car slam into it.
I was so small at that time that an over the shoulder belt wouldn't've restrained me. The only reason the lap belt did is because I got my dad to tighten the hell out of that thing because of that uneasy feeling. The impact of that had enough force to nearly pull me out of a muscled down lap belt. Who knows what would've happened if I sat on that side of the car.
I try not to think about that...
Because of that, I've always taken seatbelts seriously.
I was a crybaby back then, but surprisingly, I didn't really make a sound and was somehow calm. That panicked my mom.
I have no clue what happened to those in the other car. Luckily, my dad only had some bruises and a mild concussion. I had whiplash and a burn and bruise across my entire waist.
I still don't know what happened to my popcorn.

>pic related, we had this but in gold/brown
>>
>>14462333
My dad told me to always slow down before an intersection or delay my take off if the light has turned green because someone may always run a red light.
>>
>>14462382
It was green for as long as we saw it, it didn't just turn green. All the traffic was stopped, so it seemed safe, but a few lanes where still open so they decided to make their way through.
>>
I understand, a lot of the younger generation just does not want to experience things outside of their own city and facebook. People can't even live and experience things anymore. I remember taking my younger cousins to a really awesome national park and they literally lived through their phones taking constant pictures, selfies, and what not. I understand taking a few pictures of cool sights but not spending 100% of your time doing it. You have to learn to live and experience things, a picture and even video never does justice to what you will actually feel in a beautiful place like that.
>>
>love cars and driving ever since i was a child
>always playing racing games because i was obviously too young to drive
>18th birthday finally approaches
>dad has been choosing a car for me for a year and a half now
>finally start driving lessons
>get my license
>dad buys me a nice car
>rarely lets me drive it since its a nice car and i could crash it
>get in a super minor accident because of stupid reasons
>now dad never lets me drive the car he bought for me
>meanwhile all my friends are driving around and crashing their parents shitboxes and nobody gives a damn

feels bad man, i just wanna drive a car, no matter how shit it is
>>
>>14462854
Same desu. Well not exactly the same but I waited like crazy to get my license and due to circumstances not only did I not have a car for the first months but even now that I do my dad has it all the time. Also even though we got it cheap and used it's in good condition and having put one scratch on its otherwise spotless exterior makes my dad really reserved about letting me drive it.

One day we'll roll brother. One day.
>>
>>14462976
Well, for me the problem is more about my dad having mental problems. Even before the crash, every time I got in the car with him he tried to prove that I'm a shit driver and that I shouldn't be driving. Now he just uses the accident I had (while driving with him in the passenger seat by the way) as an excuse to never let me drive and call me a shit driver every time I do get behind the wheel. I just gave up for driving with him now, I'm saving up for a car that will be actually my own and not just bought "for me".
>>
>>14454146
M O R E
O
R
E
>>
>>14463028
>my dad having mental problems

what else did you think the problem was
>>
>>14462240
wat

Nigga are you high?
>>
>>14453799
I love driving. It helps me relax, and diagnose my car's problems.

Example: after a drive today, I confirmed that not only are my rear shocks blown (as opposed to suspension damage), but my fronts might be seized or simply too stiff stock. I get weird body roll while going in a straight line and hitting manhole covers, etc. I've also deemed it important to replace the front ball joints and tie rod ends. Bushings will survive a bit longer.

I constantly alter the load on my car, and try to hit things at different angles to fish out worn parts. It's fun to do TBQH but I can't wait to do all the work myself. It's becoming less comfortable to drive than it should be.

I also found out recently that my brake booster diaphragm is split. The giveaway was that the brakes act weirdly when the weather is fairly mild out. Once the engine is warm, the vacuum line to the booster warms up the diaphragm and makes the leak almost non-existent. I have a special bond with my car and it's my sanctuary. I'm glad other people here feel like that, too.
>>
>>14466294
n-no, why.?
>>
>>14463925
Me being a new/shitty driver I guess
>>
>>14459594
Most people see driving as a chore
>>
>>14462166
>Anyone else always drive best line
Always, no matter what i'm driving
>>
>>14453801
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt
>>
File: 1454761047565.jpg (29KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1454761047565.jpg
29KB, 500x462px
>go to party in hills
>drinking party at this beautiful house
>everyone smashed out dunk, end of senior school celebrations
>one grill i knew hitting on me all night
>sucking her finger in front of me, making me touch her boobs
>cant get a boner from alcohol, and no nothings going to happen
>tell her to stop being a fucking tease
>later
>pas out from alcohol in car
>wake up next morning, around 7 am
>sitting up in car, still drunk
>she's up as well
>go to her, she's hungover as fuck
>apologises for last night
>offer to drive her home

>driving in hills with mixed feelings
>grill next to me, actually making conversation with me
>Hemi rumble, old 265 going through the hills and corners with ease
>she leans up against me on the long bench seat
>put my arm around her
>20 minutes of mutual cuddling, take her home
>leave

It made me feel something, i always though women were harpies but i realised while she isn't right for me, having a grill pay attention to you and respect you is amazing. I never felt these feels before, not sure if i ever will again but jesus christ that day changed me. Dont know if i want to kill myself or not anymore. Thank god for bench seat and column mounted automatics, so i could drive and cuddle too
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.