[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1990 BMW 535i $4300 145000mi Should I go for it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

1990 BMW 535i
$4300
145000mi

Should I go for it?
>>
Dumping pics.
>>
I really do not care, it is your money and your future love affair.
it might be a lemon and it might be a god in the form of metal and oil.

I don't care.
>>
>>14449857
then don't reply
>>
Cool car, how many owners?
>>
>>
It's super clean and 5 speed and one of the best color combo if not the best.

Worth it.
>>
>>14449865
One.
It has A/C, electronic damper control and cruise control.

>>14449875
It would be my first car... Haven't heard bad things about E34 reliability. Yet.
>>
>>14449833
if you want it - buy it
my opinion - it's scrap, save 5 more thousand and about 335
>>
>>14449896
the m30 is a tank
parts are not that bad. rockauto, pelicanparts, etc whatever the euro equivalent is of these wholesale parts places is.

labor cost is what's expensive, so learn to wrench if you want an old car.
>>
>>14449896
If just one I'd fucking buy that car.

Just go through some E34 forums to find what you need to look for on this model and go give it a test drive.
>>
Do it !
>>
>>14449915
>it's scrap
you're retarded. it's low miles and clean as fuck.
leave this board
>>
>>14449938
yeah, hold on let me pack my bags cus some retard on the internet told me what to do
its 26 year old shit, this car was cool 26 years ago. I bet its even older than you, youngster
>>
>>14449860
>post thread on /o/ expecting people to give me positive feedback
>get negative feedback
>fuck you bro i'm smart you just jelly i got this sweet ride bro.
>>
>>14449915
>>14449948
1/10 bait but people still reply :/
>>
>>14449956
It wasn't negative, it was indifferent.
An indifferent opinion is useless.
>>
File: asdfghj54.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
asdfghj54.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>14449938
>145k miles
>low miles
>>
>>14449961
shut up cuckhold. go back to voting for immigration.
>>
>>14449915

I'll bite.

>$9k 335i
>not scrap
>>
File: 1zefloy.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1zefloy.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>14449860
>>14449960
>>14449961
>WHY WON'T MY BR/O/S LIKE MY ANCIENT GERMAN SHITBOX
WUAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
The dude's also selling a 1991 190E 2.6.

93000 miles, Sportline, apparently the rarest color combo in Europe.
5spd, one owner, $6200.

Also, my budget is around $10000 and I'm looking for something fairly reliable, spacious enough for 4 people to be comfortable and fun to drive.

>>14449973
My country is so shitty not even the immigrants want to stay here.
>>
>>14449989
yet you still vote for BBC. cuck
>>
>>14449983
well, lowballed a bit, 10-11 and you can get decent under 100k miles one which will need a bit of love but its doable.
>>
>>14449989
this is way cooler, this is actually fuckin cool looking. But for damn 10k you can get a nice E class no? audi a6? avant quattro? Now thats fuckin fun to drive and spacious as fuck. a8? Fuckin >dodge charger?
Literally why pay for ancient cars which will start demanding investement ? Do you really think anyone gives a shit about your rarest color combo in europe? You're not gonna get laid if you say that to someone
>>
>>14450042
Just quoting the seller.

The thing is, (especially) late 90s and newer German sedans require a LOT of maintenance, and I don't really want to pay $300 for a replacement headlight wiper motor.

Dodge Chargers might as well not exist in Europe, the only option is the Chrysler 300 with its inflated price because it's >American.

And I'm not getting laid anyway.
>>
>>14450009

yeah you can get a clapped out 07 that'll need 5k in repairs.
>>
>>14450063
I dont know mang, honestly with those big bucks you got you can lease a fuckin skoda superb for like 5 years and then sell it after. Everything on warranty and shit like that. If I had such money at my hands I wouldnt even look at cars older than 06. If you don't want awd like quattros and want something fun to drive then why not just buy e60?
>>
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/5439868010.html

Similar to what you want op, Want it really bad but can't take on another car right now. If its a true m-sport its a steal for that price but I get the feeling its not.
>>
>>14450110
I don't like new cars.
And if I were to get an E60 for $10000 (implying low miles and well maintained), it would have to be poverty-spec... 150hp in a 2 ton barge is no fun.

I looked at Superbs too, but they're soulless A-B transport machines.

>>14450137
Looks lowered... probably been boyraced. I'd definitely run a VIN check on it.
>>
>>14449896
The E34 was considered the most reliable luxury car at the time, and the 535i is the best of the bunch in that regard.
>>
>>14449833
It's beautiful. Make sure the previous owner took care of it.
If it's in good condition, YES, get it.
>>
>>14449833
You're gonna ask /o/ whether or not to get a car because none of your friends, if any, care enough to listen (but you're just sooo excited to tell someone). Then, no matter the the answers given to you on this shit-show board, you're going to do what you were going to do. My post is autistic as fuck, but you know my point is true.
>>
>>14449833
make sure transmission is good. Ask when they've serviced it or had it rebuilt before.
I have an e34 and my transmission is fucked
>>
>>14450445
Your post is the very definition of projection.
>>
e34 + M30 = tank
Take care of your M30 and it could last to 400k miles and beyond.
>>
>>14450541
this looks pretty clean actually. I havent seen e34's with cloth seats so that's good. You can actually clean em and not have em be shitty and cracked. 145k is good for a car this old. I got mine at just under 180k for 1500
>>
>>14450571
I cant deny that nor approve of it. I'm just saying he wants to circle jerk because everyone who posts in these threads is already lotion-ed up with their anecdotes in mind.
>hurr durr i dun hve a car but my cuzeen haz won and takes me 4 rides and beleeve me these things r tanks.
>i sold mine and itz the wurst choice i hve evr made so pleeeez buy it
>it's a beeutiful car. it's SOOOOOOO wurth amirite?
>if u luv dis car it will luv u bak ten foldz
>>
>>14450823
Lol how about you respond to the the OP instead of spouting memes?
Have you had any experience with the car? Can you tell OP anything he doesn't know already? Any tips and hints?

No? Just want to talk shit? Cool, because that's what you are doing right now.
>>
>>14450893
You don't get my point. Even if he is seriously looking for answers, he needs to do his own research and make his own choices instead of asking a bunch of people (who honestly, probably dont own a car) on a 4chan board to make his decisions. HE should know what he wants. The people here are only going to say that circle jerky bs because they don't know what HE wants. There is no right or wrong in this situation, only preference; so why is he asking spergs to decide something that only he can decide himself?
>>
>>14450983
To be fair, I don't use /o/ that often. But is really that bad here? Nobody here actually drives cars?

Why are you here then? Why do you care? Why not leave this board?
>>
Cars were shit the day they rolled off the showroom floor. Just because idiots invested ten of thousands of dollars keeping it on the road doesn't mean you have to.
>>
>>14451013
>Nobody here actually drives cars?
Everybody drives, no. Everybody here is an enthusiast in some way or form, yes.
>Why am I here?
Personally? it's not like most forums here. It's like a text version of "Top Gear". The subject of discussion are cars which is interesting, but the humor is keeps your attention.
>Why do I care?
I'm legit trying to help OP. Asking here ( or asking anyone) isn't going to help him at all in this situation. Unless he has already subconsciously made his choice and is starting a circle jerk like I stated earlier.
>Why not leave this board?
If I wanted to learn about something I'd go to another forums or find a haynes manual. The humor keeps me here because most other forums dont make jokes like "Tires balder than a virgin on prom night" or "a weaboo cuckold's milk carton of a dream car"
>>
File: hmm.gif (979KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
979KB, 400x200px
>this thread so far
...anyway, I have one with a V8 getting close to 300k. how do those do?
>>
>>14450235
The E34 with the M30 engine is considered one of the most reliable luxury cars ever made.
>>
>>14450009
>touching an e90 ever

RIP your dollarydoos friendo.
>>
>>14449833
>$4300
>Should I go for it?
Fuck no. This shit ends up in the scrap yards for a reason. Even in excellent condition they are worth almost nothing.
>source? an e34 owner. mine has given me nothing but problems.
>>
>>14450184
you're a nutter mate, friend got himself 530 e60 2005 for 6.5 thousand euros, full m packet, that digital dildo of a gear selector, white leather inside, plastidip in gold. You just can't search for shit I think.
>>
>>14452095
prob because you bought a shit one and are a shit owner with no mechanical aptitude if you even own one at all which I doubt.
>>
>>14454240
they are old used up shits, get real. Theres guy who makes vids out there, tuned e34 to shit turboeid it and maintained the fuck out of it, still got rid of it cus its old, steering is old, the way it handles is old. its just an old grandpacar. Only eastern block countries like them because they were popular in 90's when russia had massive gang problems and people want to be edgy and drive a black beamer around.
>>
>>14454262
>its an old grandpa car
no one is debating this
>>
>>14449833
That's expensive for a 1990 BMW. Especially for croatia. Do you pay insurance based on engine displacement & power? Because it's going to be costly and you will be driving a pretty old car. Maybe get an E39 for the same price?
>>
>>14454240
>prob because you bought a shit one and are a shit owner
They aren't worth the hassle kid. Buy an E39 and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>14454378
e39 are usually beat to shit and have double vanos problems, oil leaks (your usual bmw stuff) and none of the electroncis working. They are also 20 year old cars
>>
>>14450184
I got a 100kkm E60 523i which I converted to 525i with 200+ HP for 8700€ in a neighbouring country. It weights 1550 kgs. Pretty good if you get MSport shocks (I got them off of ebay for about 400€). Still I would look into E90 or E60 because if you get a good deal you can then sell them for practically the same money. If you want to sell an old 5 series you're in trobule - not many people want that car so prices can be really low.
>>
>>14454378
I don't consider car maintenance a hassle.
But, I'm not a retarded weeb who's never held a wrench either.
>>
>>14454426
Actually if you're young and don't need to look like a professional I would just get a nice E46 with less than 200kkm and a nice 6 cylinder engine and work on it myself. That way you spend 3-4k, learn on that car for a year or 2 and then decide which more expensive car do you want.
>>
>>14454438
>look like professional
do you think people give two shits what you drive?
>>
>>14449915
bait/10
>>
>>14449960
>>14454447
Samefag bmdrone
>>
>>14454443
They do. If they don't know you they go off such things as what you drive, what you wear and such.
>>
>>14454450
keep telling yourself that
>he doesn't know how to check IPs on 4chins
>>
>>14454457
>bluffing IT on car board
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.