[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw keyless entry and push to start C O M F Y O M F Y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: comfy-cat.jpg (49KB, 524x700px) Image search: [Google]
comfy-cat.jpg
49KB, 524x700px
>tfw keyless entry and push to start

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y
>>
>>14297511
>never forget your keys in your car
>never lock yourself out
>don't have to reach into pocket to get in/start car
Agreed OP, comfy and practical as fuck.
>>
File: GucciMayne.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GucciMayne.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
TFW: 90's car where you have to put effort into opening doors and starting car.

honestly. I love the feel when you insert the key and give it a good turn and lights go on and engine humms.
>>
I want my next car to warm up fast.
Would a Lincoln Mark VII or a FB RX-7 warm up faster?
I guess the RX-7 is small, and the rotaries run hot, it'd be the best. Right?
>>
>>14297534
when i worked at uhaul i had 3 people get locked out of their keyless entry cars within a 1 year span, and only 1 person with normal keys.
>>
>>14297537
This.
That 3 minute startup procedure checking everything, hand rotating up my flip up headlights, etc leaves passengers speechless lol Its a bonding moment between me and my car everytime i start it
>>
File: 1453344109309.jpg (38KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
1453344109309.jpg
38KB, 415x423px
>tfw the push-to-start failed on my car
>tfw had to pay $1300 in repairs, and had to get an all new key-fob
>>
>>14297541

RX-7. My Civic Si heats up fast. I let it idle until it drops rpm, and then drive off. By the time I reach 60mph it's already starting to blow warm.
>>
>>14297541
>14297541
Older carbd rx7s take like 10-15 minutes to warm up decently. Souce I have an 81 fb
>>
File: LubeJobm8.png (3MB, 1600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
LubeJobm8.png
3MB, 1600x2560px
>>14297555
never gets old, the only real complaint I'd ever have is that when it's a little frosty out the de frosters or whatever they're called take Foooooorever.
>>
>>14297553
How's that possible? Battery die?
>>
>>14297511
>tfw I go on a wardrive and can pick up people's keyless entry and ignition systems

...it's so tempting just to try and see what comes of it...

>tfw I don't have a face because i'm on my cell phone and have no reaction images.
>>
>>14297588
>how is it possible for people to be stupid?
>>
>>14297511
You might as well get an automatic at this rate, Hans.
>>
>>14297541
>e34 takes forever for motor to warm up (iron block)
>e39 takes like 1/4 the time to warm up then the e34

aluminum block

i still prefer the iron blocks though
>>
>>14297561
was it a chrysler?
>>
>>14297994
>MUUUHHH TECHNOLOGY REEEEEEEEEEEEE
I guarantee the only people who oppose push start/keyless entry (has to be both, one or the other is full retard) for any reason other than preference have zero idea how any of it actually works.
>>
I want keyless entry and turn key start dammit
>>
>>14298048
that makes zero sense you tit
>>
>>14298010
Toyota

2007 Camry Hybrid
>>
>>14298078
It does make less sense... but if manufacturers were to put a button I wish they would just put it where the ignition always was. I hate having to contort my arms into strange positions so I can press the button in some cars with it behind a stalk.

Just so they can have it prominent so passengers can watch you press the button. It's no big novelty anymore. Either leave the turn key system or leave the button in a good position.
>>
>>14298041
You really do sound like a guy who drives auto.
Good luck to ya Hans.
>>
here in Germany Poles come and steal cars with keyless entry. They are far worse than any refugees.
>>
>>14298142
Pay reparations.
>>
Lets say all you want to do it put the ignition onto reds so you can put the windows up or roll the car 2 metres, whatever. You also have mechanical sympathy and don't want to start up the car for 2 seconds then turn it off while cold.

On a car with these push button starts it can be quite tricky to do. Many of them work a bit differently but often it's push the button quickly without touching the brake. Got frustrated many times from this. Even now I still start up such cars by accident, it's fucked
>>
>>14298168
In everyone one I've seen (including my own) if you press the start button without your foot on the brake, it just turns on the battery. Then if you press it with your foot on the brake it starts the car.
>>
>>14298137
oh okay a spring loaded rotary switch where the key is now would work fine if that's what you mean.
>>
File: bad ass cop.gif (2MB, 270x130px) Image search: [Google]
bad ass cop.gif
2MB, 270x130px
>>14297977
Yup, should do that. Actually there's an even easier way: Two relays for the keyless entry frequency band, be two people.
One follows the owner of the car who has the key in the pocket, the other stays at the car. After a while, just walk past the owner of the car and have the relays transmit the commands to open the car. The other guy can just hop in and drive off, as the car won't kill the engine when it loses connection to the key.

And that's how you get new cars for cheap.
>>
>>14298327
Granted, the cheesy physics in this are about as spot-on with deadpool
>>
>>14298041
Whats wrong with a keyless entree car without push to start ?
>>
>>14297511
Buttons for ignition are a retarded idea and whoever supports it should be shot.
>>
>>14297990
No.. I mean how is that physically possible? How does one lock the FOB in the car? I don't have a FOB but I can't imagine that's possible without something on the car/remote failing.
>>
File: gjhvn.png (821KB, 1080x856px) Image search: [Google]
gjhvn.png
821KB, 1080x856px
>>14297511
>>14297534
>>14297561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q
>>
>>14299275
Scotty is so based

He also BTFO mercedes faggots twice
>>
>>14299275
Scotty Kilmer is a meme
>>
>>14299275
BASED
Keyless, e-steering, lane changing, auto parking. All these technologies is for women and pussy who don't even what engine oil is.
If you support any of these technologies then you're just a pussy faggot who don't deserve to talk in this place
>>
>>14299423
+know
...aaaand check
>>
>>14297553
What cars were they? My car makes it impossible to lock your key in the car.
>>
>>14299484
why do you edit my post?
I didn't even think anyone would read this long paragraph shit
Do you or me have autism?
>>
>>14298168
What? All push button cars I've been in including mine will only start if your foot is on the brake. If your foot isn't then one press goes to accessory and another press goes to ignition on.
>>
>>14298137
Newer Nissans have keyless entry but still a thing in the ignition that you turn. You just don't have to put a key into the door or the ignition unless the remote battery dies.
>>
Just a quick question with newer cars.
Do you have to start them in neutral, or can you start it in 1st or reverse? Also, do you have to have the clutch/brake BOTH pushed in, or just the clutch?
The latest car I've driven is from '86
>>
>>14299505
nah, your stand is just identical to mine.

theres absolutley no necessity for keyless bullshit.
>>
>>14299275
>>
>>14298168
>On a car with these push button starts it can be quite tricky to do
You press the start button twice you fucking retard.
>>
>>14299541
All new cars start in park.

The American government outlawed manual transmissions on road cars in 2009.

Where have you been anon? Living under a rock?
>>
>>14299973
I might have been living under a rock, but it wasn't THAT big of a rock.
>>
>>14298141
Both of my cars are manual, try again faggot.
>>
How do remote starters even work with manuals? If you park in first, it would seem to be a bad idea.
>>
>>14302110
you go to car to check if N and then go back to house to activate remote starter
>>
>>14297511
Wouldn't want those things for free but whatever floats your boat
>>
>>14299275
>m-muh old technology
>m-muh evil future
>>
extra comfy for thieves..
>>
>>14297511
how can touching a button be comfy
>>
>>14299423
>>14299484
I didn't know boomers had the knowledge to access this site.
>>
>>14297511
No, having the car started before you sit in is comfy. Pushing some button in the car to start is retarded. Fuck off
>>
>>14305370
im born in the 80s. ill wait for you to attain full age, then we can talk about your regrets buying a used car with keyless entry for saving a second per day. :)
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.