[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>filled up my Explorer for $35 today What are you going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: 01406182819605.jpg (208KB, 899x650px) Image search: [Google]
01406182819605.jpg
208KB, 899x650px
>filled up my Explorer for $35 today

What are you going to do with all the extra money you're saving on gas?
>>
File bankruptcy

>Fuck Yeah America
>>
I'll Save the money for when there is better weather and then i'll buy stuff for my baiku.
>>
>>14289948
>commiefornia gas still at 3 bucks a gallon
>hurr durr someone at the refinery caught a cold
Fucking Jews.
>>
>>14290056
Commiefornia demands a special snowflake blend that is more expensive and nobody else in the nation wants, so they have their own set of refineries. Combine that with crazy gas taxes and you end up with commiefornia shit.
>>
>>14290394
Yet we have no safety inspections.
>>
>premium still over 2 bucks where I am
I'm only saving around 20 cents a gallon right now as compared to last month to be honest.
>>
>>14290056

2.34 here in Manhojose.

Are you in Socal-land-of-bitches?
>>
>tfw $1.30/gal and dropping
>tfw lost my job of 9 years at shell
I'm staying home, looking for jobs, and eating bulk rice and beans daily,
>>
>>14290459
I'd rather have inspections that aren't enforced than live in California.
>>
File: 1418315060269.jpg (284KB, 1647x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1418315060269.jpg
284KB, 1647x1240px
>barrel price not plummeting for once
>gas prices immediately go up again even though the barrel price is still only a third of the price of a few weeks ago
>>
>>14290459

and yet we have CARB. Fuck CARB
>>
>>14290613
What about to 3 years ago?

Nvm you probably didn't have your license.
>>
>>14290754
I worked at ExxonMobil most of 2014 and got re-tasked to a non-petroleum customer in October 2014. Feels good to have a skill useful across multiple industries where somebody always demands you (popular enterprise software used in a wide variety of industries).
>>
>>14290835
I'm a mechanical engineer, so jobs will come to me... but my job at Shell paid almost double what I would have made working at LockMart.
>>
>>14290843
I do consulting and they charge $3K/day for my time (I don't make nearly that much). When I am between customers I have a steady paycheck but there's usually a ton of work. I billed around ~190 days last year. Gud money for my company.
>>
>>14289948

Costs me $20 to fill up my corolla and I get a little over 320 miles.
>>
87 Octane is $1.34 here in SW Ohio.
>>
>>14290950
It's still $1.55+ here in K.C.
>>
>>14290950
paid $1.73 in Jersey yesterday on the garden state parkway (cash price, got 8 cents a gallon back on my 5% cashback credit card with my speedpass)
>>
>>14290613
Premium is like $2.3x in Houston. Makes my dick soft when I pump gas.
>>
>>14289957
>putting all your money into stocks
Yeah, I've lost most of my savings too but well
>>
$1.59/gal for regular here in RVA
>>
>1.67/gal
Feels GOOOOD mang

I just hope it lasts through summer so I can actually really enjoy my 5.0
>>
File: 1421900961461.jpg (27KB, 406x505px) Image search: [Google]
1421900961461.jpg
27KB, 406x505px
>$1.55 for gas in south carolina
>fill up my mustang for $15

eat

my

ass
>>
>gas is cheaper now than when I started driving ten years ago

Sweet jesus it's nice. I've never been one to care much about fuel economy anyways but it's become absolutely trivial now. Ten miles per gallon, twenty miles per gallon...who cares?
>>
File: 9669876_G.jpg (73KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
9669876_G.jpg
73KB, 720x960px
>28 gallon tank

Haven't had much time to enjoy the low fuel prices. Work 16 hour shifts 7 days a week.

>Fuck the farm life
>Can't tell cows nothing, fuckers do everything you don't want them to do
>New guy smashed the door on the new skidsteer
>New guy blew a hydraulic line on the old skidsteer
>New guy has broke 5 gates in two weeks
>Can't scrape for shit, always leaving a shit ton to freeze

Thankfully he only works for 8 hours. God forbid he ever has the chance to double.
>Would rather milk this time of year than be outside
>>
>>14291525
americans are buying SUVs in record numbers and electric vehicle sales are down as much as fifty percent (forty seven percent on the Nissan Leaf IIRC).

if gas prices remain low, you're right. if they recover, some people might experience serious pain at the pump if they can't afford their vehicle.

that said I don't see any rapid recovery of gas prices.
>>
>>14291759
This stupid shit happens every time gas prices drop, I just laugh at the idiots who didn't have the foresight to recognize that the market is cyclical
>>
>>14289948
Putting it in the bank for when I lose my job because of the cheap gas.
>>
>>14291759
Now's the time to buy a small car. Demand is lower, and prices are cheaper. Then you're ready for when gas prices rise.
>>
>>14291799
last time there was a glut of supply saudi arabia cut back while everyone else continued to drill like the dickens and they lost out while others reaped the profits. saudis are super salty about this, which is why they won't stop drilling. OPEC can't agree on anything and with the proliferation of American/canadian drilling their influence is weakened.

sanctions on iran have ended and they are drilling a shitload of supply that is now further going into the market.

china is still bad with demand decreasing putting further depression on prices.

american energy had certain drilling put on hold but the permian basin is still going strong because the wells will continue to get cheaper. $20/gallon would be the breaking point for the larger drillers. exporting is still allowed, putting further downward momentum on prices.

a number of factors could change but downward prices are likely to continue. oil might recover to $40-$50 a barrel if there's some huge change in the industry or demand by the end of the year, but $100+/barrel prices are unlikely to return for a loooong time.
>>
>>14291816
One of the biggest factors for change was written in either TPP/TTIP or the newest budget which raised the ban on exporting American oil, the low prices will only last for so much longer hoard it while you can
>>
>>14291758
wut?
why diesel is so much more expensive?
eurofag here
gas is like 5 times your price but diesel here is now about 0.95xprice of gas
>>
>>14291829
Because diesel is mainly used by commercial vehicles, and we charge a premium to subsidize lower gas prices to avoid being like dirty eurotrash
>>
>>14289948
pay for my college books :(
>>
Saw regular for $1.47 in Austin. Too bad I can't enjoy the price because I don't drive that much to feel the difference
>>
>>14291829
There was a temporary price war between two gas stations iirc, the prices went back to normal after a few hours

too lazy to look it up but it happened this week
>>
>>14291844
>commercial vehicles
the ones that bring all your food and goods to the stores? Well that's some nice logic
>>
>>14291816
>sanctions on iran have ended and they are drilling a shitload of supply that is now further going into the market.
The real rub is that Iran has so much crude oil in storage already offshore and on land. They can flood the market with millions of barrels at will.

>but the permian basin is still going strong because the wells will continue to get cheaper
I wouldn't call the Permian strong. Production isn't nearly as spread out as it has been. Glasscock County, for example, had upwards of 60 rigs a week in 2014. Now it's down to about five. Midland, however, always has between 30 and 40 rigs no matter what the price is, and it makes up about 16 percent of all rigs this week in the Permian. And the basin is really only being propped up by a few counties even though there's oil everywhere.
>>
>>14291866
It was never pushed much because gasoline is in such abundance, since most of the refineries deal with gasoline and only so much diesel, the supply is lower hence the price is up because commercial trucks and trains have first dibs
>>
>>14291844
No its not. The requirement for ultra low sulfer causes the price difference. Removing the extra sulfer from diesel costs like a extra .50 a gallon now.
>>
>>14291522
I'd eat her ass.
>>
>>14290613

It's close here. I think premium is around $2.04 or $2.07 at the moment. Regular is around $1.70.
>>
I paid $1.63/gallon for Exxon today. I have no complaints.

>What are you going to do with all the extra money you're saving on gas?

Drive more.
>>
>not still owning an economical car and being able to take regular trips to distant places you've never been before for almost nothing
>>
You can spend $1.50 for whatever swill is at Sam's Club or $1.75 for a top-tier gasoline (Chevron, Exxon, Shell). Which do you get?
>>
>>14289948
spend it all on property taxes and more guns.
>>
>>14290056

Still enjoying that giant progressive cocking?
>>
>>14298433
Enjoying not getting snowed in, yeah.
>>
>>14289948
Rebuild me motor :(
>>
>>14298447

>South Texas
>Maybe some ice

Nah, besides the niggers and tacos, I enjoy being able to take a shower every morning while blasting our countries anthem through my walls. Then I peel off in my 635HP mustang while during my gun off into the air as I drive to my job where they don't tax me to death.
>>
>>14289948

Pay off my student loans slightly faster.
>>
>>14298459
Until you get pulled over and shot by your overzealous police because your car failed its safety inspection, which California does not have.
>>
>>14298479

Nah, cops are bro-material in my county and no one gives a rat's ass about the safety inspections. Paid a guy 40 dollars to inspect my shitbox years ago and he just handed me it without looking at anything.

Enjoy those droughts and earthquakes though.
>>
>>14298495
Oh no, earthquakes that are rarely notable and perfect riding/driving weather. How terrible. Never mind the fact that rain is coming back. Meanwhile, your wells are worthless now.
>>
>>14298502

For now.
>>
filled up my jetta for 20 bucks
leaves an extra 10 bucks for malboro 100's
>>
>>14290056
It's $1.99 here in Sacramento...
>>
>>14298528
For the foreseeable future. Saudi Arabia threw OPEC under the bus specifically to fuck you over.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.