[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trucks so popular in murica when the best vehicle for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

Why are trucks so popular in murica when the best vehicle for any job requiring hauling shit is a van? Is it drug-induced autism or all the rumors about dick size are true?
>>
>>14228945
You have to haul a load of mulch or gravel or something like that. What do you do? Pull a trailer with an empty van? Lame.
>>
Vans are bad fucking ass but if you wanted a 4x4 or a diesel or a multitude of other options they had to be custom ordered. Its way easier to buy a truck or a suburban.
>>
Trucks are masculine think trucks are hot too for some reason.
>>
>>14228966
*girls think trucks are hot

whoops
>>
>>14228945
Trucks can go across rougher terrain (typically), haul a fifth wheel, and haul equipment too tall for a van. Vans are nice for tool storage. You see a mix of both as utility vehicles here.
>>
>>14228957
Why do you think you couldn't haul mulch, gravel or something like that in a van? I've done it before.

I had to get rid of a ton of dirt once and I did it with a van. Work vans are work vans, basically empty space with no seats. Threw a huge fucking pile of dirt in it, drove it away, and dumped that shit out.
>>
>>14228990
While I agree that work vans are largely better suited or as good as a truck in most situations, dirty loads are the exception. I don't need dust and debris floating around in my cab while I bounce around on a dirt road to the dump site. Furthermore, I'd rather have a load dumped in by heavy equipment than shovel a whole load into my van. There are exceptions, and that's where trucks come into play. A lot of jobs are dynamic enough though that it's better to have a truck 'just in case' one of those moments rears its head, as you might not have a trailer on, or you might need that extra towing capacity that stock vans just don't have.
>>
>>14228945
trucks are popular in yurep too, they just look different and don't have gas vee aytes
>>
>>14228972
5th wheels aren't as big in yurop. You gotta have a special license to drive something that big.
>>
Good luck hauling hay bales, rocks, mulch, gravel, concrete, large pieces of wood or drywall, or general building supplies in the back of a van.

t. contractor, had to work with a van for a 2 jobs and hated every moment of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 495x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 495x260px
>>14228945

Who said vans aren't popular? They are popular for fucking company work.

If Americans need the ultitly temporarly, they rent one from UHAUL. Now go away euronoob.
>>
I do HVAC. I've had both vans and trucks. For light service, a van is nice. I moved on to commercial jobs where sometimes I need equipment that just can't be put in a van, with the rest of the materials, and tools. My work truck has side cabinets for tools. Bed for big stuff. Ladder rack above all that. Vans get cluttered and unorganized fast if you don't have OCD about everything too.
>>
File: IMG_1988.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1988.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Picrelated is the most murican truck.
>>
Visibility is also amazing in trucks. Vans... The worst.

Vans are also harder to work on, since the engine bay is partially under the cabin. Trucks, nice big hood with everything laid out more organized and not so crammed up.

Vans usually have a nice captains chair and sweet center console with a half dozen cup holders though.
>>
File: Decorated-Pakistani-Truck[1].jpg (41KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
Decorated-Pakistani-Truck[1].jpg
41KB, 1024x686px
It's interesting how different cultures produce different looking trucks
>>
>>14229411
>hes not even trying folks
>>
Blame the people who created the association of vans and rapists.
>>
>>14228945
Typical reasons for truck over van. Towing capacity. 4x4 options, off road/dirt road capability. A lot of the US is still farm/ranch country.

But partially, It's from marketing them to the point they became a cultural norm. A lot of truck owners don't buy them for commercial purpose's They buy trucks cause they occasionally need one. And cause they've spent their entire lives being subtly informed that real guys drive trucks.
Also many people in the US own more then one vehicle. So it just makes sense for one of them to be a truck.
>>
File: vandweller.jpg (86KB, 590x750px) Image search: [Google]
vandweller.jpg
86KB, 590x750px
Vans
>godly for living in as temporary housing
>great for road trips
>modular interior, can be used for anything from business to a small RV
>great-feeling seating position
>comfy for long trips

Trucks
>superior hauling and towing
>better utility vehicles
>easier to work on and fix
>often times more power and more reponsive
>similar seating feel
>great visibility

Trucks and vans have different uses m8. Vans are great for those who travel around the country a lot (like me) and would rather not spend the money to sleep in roach motels. Plus when I lived in New York for a few months, I couldn't afford housing, so I lived out of my van.
>>
Will yuropoors ever not be buttblasted about Americas superior car culture?
>>
>>14229727

I'm from europe and have dual cab truck but it's just a fact that it's much less practical than van.

Vans are on the other hand quite shitty to drive, horrible seating position in most.
>>
>>14229788
Vans are useful for some things and trucks are useful for others. You cant haul gravel in a van and you can't keep tools overnight in the bed of a truck.

Nah, the difference between Europe and American car cultures is that Europeans seem to really emphasize practicality, your hatchbacks and fuel economy and all that. In America though people want cars with sex appeal.

Vans and hatchbacks will never be sexy.
>>
>>14229816
You shut your whore mouth, my FoST is a pussy magnet.

Except by pussy, I mean guys.
>>
File: 200951.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
200951.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
If you don't think Kei trucks are the dopest shit ever you can basically fuck off
>>
>>14229893
>I made it this far up my driveway with this empty trailer
>>
>>14228990
You're forgetting about loading anon some things will only fit in a truck bed since it has no roof. And the open back is better for quicker access to your stuff(obv it could be easier to steal also)
>>
>>14228972
This
>>
File: F-650SUT2.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
F-650SUT2.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>14229411
Not in these here parts
>>
>>14228945
>when the best vehicle for any job requiring hauling shit is a van?
If you don't know the difference between an opinion and a fact then maybe you should spend more time online educating yourself, rather than making asinine threads forcing your projections on people who know better.
>some jobs are better suited for a van
>some are not, enjoy your troll thread
>>
>>14228945
You need to realize that americans haul their boats through the woods every weekend :^) There is no other option than chrome trucks
>>
>>14229893
they let you pull trailers down the road with that thing?
>>
>>14228958
>diesel
All vans here in Yurop are diesels.
>>
>>14228945
vans are for pedophiles
>>
>>14229167
>into the cab
Which is seperated by a bulkhead from the cargo space. No sand will get into the cabin
>dumped by heavy equipment
Granted - but a van + trailer will be more versatile than just a truck in that case.
>>
>>14230304
>Not having a boat and a camp
>>
>>14230334
I have several boats and campers like every other american
>>
>>14228945

OP, you clearly don't live in rural parts of the UK. Like NE England, or the Scottish Highlands.

It's all about locations. I think pick ups make sense the in the US due to shitty road conditions and more varied terrain environments. Which is the case in rural areas of the UK, and Europe. Where pick ups have become way more popular recently.

Vans are great and all, but the whole "White Van Man" image is mostly a South East England thing. When the weather turns shit, and you need to reach customers pick ups and AWD estate cars are starting to become the go to.
>>
>>14229343
>Hay bales
Small ones you can lift by hand are fine.
>mulch & concrete
Come in 50L bags here. Not a problem.
>drywall and wood
Generally sized below 8'x4', which every van is designed for since the first gen Transit. Long wooden beams can be carried in roof racks.
>>
>>14228945
Dick size. American men tend to be short, small-dicked, and fat. They have to compensate somewhere, and that somewhere is with inefficient high-ground-clearance trucks with big loud engines and very small load areas.
>>
Depends on the work. I'm typically the one building the road so I need 4x4 and clearance. I usually have a slip in diesel tank, have fun smelling that all day in your van. Everything heavy gets loaded in my truck with equipment, I shouldn't have to explain why this is much easier with a truck.
My neighbor does HVAC and has a van. Next time I pull him out of the ditch this winter I'll ask him how he likes it.
>>
>>14230318
No they're not.
>>
>>14230353
Any financed 4wheelers and jetskis like most Americans?
>>
I know this us a stupid thread and I'm stupid for replying but here you go.

Vans and trucks both have purpose. Trucks are viewed as more capable to tow and carry loose loads, like lawncare companies and tree chippers have trucks to carry the loose grass and woodchips and such, or capable to tow large 5th wheels. Smaller trucks for consumers are viewed as an ability to have utility for smaller things, like say you need to haul a somewhat large generator around, you use a small pickip, as trailers aren't very common here in the states.

Vans are more capable to carry lots of tools and smaller loads, such as electrical contractors and the like, where they have a mini workshop's worth of tools and carry many small parts that need to be organized in installable toolbins.

Granted there are lots of trucks with cases that slip into and bolt to a truck bed, and I don't get it either. Perhaps that's what you mean.
>>
>>14230963
I've never seen a petrol powered van in my life (discounting car based "vans")
>>
File: GM 12KTFLCHCO020 (2)_0.jpg (1MB, 1753x1315px) Image search: [Google]
GM 12KTFLCHCO020 (2)_0.jpg
1MB, 1753x1315px
>>14229192
Actually the only businesses that buy flatbed chassis cabs in Europe are those who do in fact haul dirt on a daily basis, and not every single last contractor. Vans are the far better contractor's vehicles because they keep your shit dry and safe.
>>
>>14230324
A fully enclosed rear is an optional part, not all vans are equipped with them, and many of the separators aren't air tight, so dust would still be an issue on most setups.

A van + trailer is nice, but a truckbed with a trailer is going to be even better because now you have the bed, AND a trailer for that scenario.
>>
>>14231117
There aren't any Chebby Astros over there? I know a bunch got exported to Japan.
>>
>>14231193
There's a GMC Safari in town but it's been swapped to use a Ford Duratorq
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.