[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you bought an M2 yet /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Why haven't you bought an M2 yet /o/?
>>
>>14226954
Jack of all trades, master of none. I can see why you would but... naaaaah.
>>
File: bmw_1m_test_drive_72.jpg (445KB, 1900x1143px) Image search: [Google]
bmw_1m_test_drive_72.jpg
445KB, 1900x1143px
>>14226954
Can't afford it. Really like it and the 1M
>>
>>14226954
Even if I had the money for it, I'd buy a race car instead.
>>
>>14226978
You only need $50k bro.
>>
>>14226964
Honestly, the ideal sports car is a jack of all trades. Not saying the M2 is the best ever but think about. A master of one trade is an F1 car or LMP for speed, a Limousine of luxury and a electric scooter for running costs. None of those are what a sports car enthusiast wants.

You want something that is fast, that isn't very uncomfortable to drive and has decent passenger/cargo space.
>>
>>14226993
That sounds like the ideal dd, not the ideal sports car.

The ideal sports car, for me, prioritises driver enjoyment above literally everything else. Which means it's gonna be ultra subjective because different people enjoy different aspects of driving, but usability usually ain't gonna factor, and comfort might well not either.
>>
>>14227030
Not him but the ideal dd to me would be a sports car, and vice versa.

But that's probably because I have no wife or kids, or a need to haul shit, or a need to look cool to impress friends.
>>
>>14227087
Guess it depends how you're defining "sports car". Obviously we all want to drive something properly thrilling every day, but there are things a car needs to have to be driven every day which can detract from thrills. Like, at the most basic level, a roof.

I reckon a decent way to distinguish a dedecated sports car vs a dd is that it needs to worry less about that sort of thing. Which means the ideal dd, for us at least, might gave a lot of the traits of sports cars, but the ideal sports car can drop most of the traits of dds.
>>
My wife has 2 kids and she says it'll get too cramped so she wont let me.
>>
>>14226992
That's like 10 times more than I have.

And still, I would buy a race car in stead. I'd just take it to the track anyway so better have a dedicated track car. That way if I crash it I still got a daily.
50K will buy you a nice Radical or fast Beemer.
>>
I will buy one 5 years from now for $15k.
>>
>>14227190
These will be a limited run, going up in value, friend. Same as the 1M.
>>
>>14226954
It's a BMW that's why
>>
Because I already have a 528i for a DD and family car. I have only had issues with it in the year I've owned it.
>>
Does it look like I have $50k nigger
>>
>>14227538
So get rid of it?
>>
>>14227538
This is the excact same story a friend of mine had with his 528, he even had to get a completely new engine within 3 months.
And no, he wasn't hooning i t, it was really a construction error from the Bayerische Motoren Werke..... Odd.....

Should've stuck to straight sixes.
>>
Because the accord coupe exists

Because I'm not some moron that thinks if I buy a powerful rwd car I'm a race car driver all of a sudden. Then wrap it around a pole.
>>
>>14227581
I'm thinking about it.

>>14227604
Yep, my engine needed a complete replacement, 5 months later my transmission needed a replacement.

I've never driven a car with such dogshit reliability, even my old '91 E30.
>>
>>14227605
>accord coupe

I'm what way does a FWD Japanese shitbox compare to a RWD German hotrod?
>>
>>14226954
Rear lights are too ugly desu
>>14227164
ROFL nice bait, 2 kids that not yours and still cucked
>>
>>14227817
It's probably actually faster.
>>
>>14226954
weighs more than 3000 lbs

weighs more than 2500 lbs

>tfw no Lotus
>>
>>14226954
Because I have an m4 :^)
>>
>>14228529
P I G F A T
I
G
F
A
T
>>
>>14228529
nice. im looking to get a 435i
>>
File: 1437244374206.jpg (440KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1437244374206.jpg
440KB, 1280x721px
>>14227030
> but usability usually ain't gonna factor, and comfort might well not either.

you'll regret those words unless you live on a circuit in a warm, dry climate. In most people's situation they have to drive a little bit to get to nice driving roads, or to get to the track. What do you in an open top sports car when it rains a bit, or it's cold out? Stuck in traffic? Want to take your girl for a ride? Go somewhere far to drive a new track/touge?

People also want to use their sports cars as commuting cars because they want to admire them after they're parked, and it's just so cool to use such a fast good looking machine for mundane tasks. Also you may be going to an event to meet fellow car enthusiasts, or you just want to be seen in your nice car which is an expression of your personality in general.

The ideal track car that you put on a trailer and drive to the track for some fun laps is the one that is most fun and comfort/usability is the only factor. Not street sports car. You definitely have to sacrifice quite a lot of comfort and usability to be a good sports car, but it needs to have enough to be usable on the street without being terrible.
>>
1-series, only known rwd hatch on the new vehicle market
>>
>>14227845
lol what makes you assume that? the m2 does 0-60 in 4.1 secs and the Nurburgring in 7:58
which is good for a 50k 370hp car
>>
>>14226993

Ahem.. 330e :|
>>
File: 1451511873587.png (384KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451511873587.png
384KB, 640x480px
>>14229711
>330e
>fast
>>
Hybrid efficiency.

BMW driving characteristics.

>DAT green light torque

..it ain't slow at 5 seconds
>>
>>14227820
Jealous that he gets your wife and kids and you just get the bill for a broken down BMW. Who's laughing now anon!
>>
>>14226992
I much rather have a 850 csi
>>
>>14227605
You must be fun at parties
>>
>>14227149
>I reckon a decent way to distinguish a dedecated sports car vs a dd is this convoluted and muddled subjective idea
Good thing we're not relying on you to distinguish anything.
>>
>>14227788
I've honestly had brilliant reliability from my E30's.
Just let them warm up a little before you go ham.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.