[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you have against Automatics? Pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1406777268388.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1406777268388.gif
3MB, 500x375px
What do you have against Automatics?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>14225383
In general in the past as a rule, automatics meant power loss, slower shifts, unpredictable shifting, poor mpg, heavier overall more complicated and made driving boring compared to manuals.

However many of those problems have been negated with the newest designs, but the overwhelming amount of autos still on the road have many of the same problems I listed above.
>>
Nothing inherently against automatics; they're fine for DDs but do NOT belong in feelsy sports cars. Regarding performance cars their place is more engineering pissing contest brainchilds such as the GTR which are later bought by benchracers.
>>
>>14225461
Fine for cars designed as a DD* Any car can be a DD depending on needs.
>>
>>14225461
Why does literally every Lamborghini/Ferrari owner drive an automatic?
>>
>>14225469
Because they're really computer controlled manuals?
>>
>>14225469
This is literally not true?
>>
>>14225536
You were right to add a question mark. That is in fact true.
>>
>>14225469
Manually operating a dual clutch would be some crazy shit that requires twice as many hands and feet as you possess. Better to let the computer control the clutches and let you select the gears.
Still not an automatic, automatics have torque converters.
>>
>>14225603
lad are you trying to tell me literally every Ferrari/Lamborghini ever made is an automatic?
>>
>>14225627
>inb4 argument of semantics
>>
>>14225635
yes.
>>
>>14225469
Because the cars were literally made for benchracing and attention?
>>14225493
>>14225627
>>14225652
Manual is defined by a user-operated clutch and yelling "MUH SEMANTICS" doesn't change that. There's no in between, DCTs are automatics
>>
Automatics

>require less input from driver, therefore require less knowledge to operate, so any dummy could drive one
>are less gas efficient
>are more expensive to repair/replace (sometimes)
>are easier to steal

Don't give in. Don't be sanctioned. Learn a new skill, for fucks sake. Interact with your car. Learn its power and explore its limitations. Don't just drive a toaster, by pushing a button and going. Become one with your machine.
>>
>>14225752
You tear apart a dct a regular manual and a traditional auto and tell me which one the dct most resembles.
>>
automatics are good for the elderly and disabled, I have nothing against them in that purpose.
>>
File: 565787.jpg (69KB, 450x618px) Image search: [Google]
565787.jpg
69KB, 450x618px
>buying a car with no available manual option and whining about it
>not just learning to manipulate the shift timing with the PRNDL lever, OD-off, and pedal position
>>
>>14225635
There has never been an automatic Ferrari or Lambo. They are all either manual or dual clutch.
>>
>>14225383
There is nothing inherently wrong with auto; it's the fags who couldn't into manual insisting auto is best shitting things up.

Knowing how to shift is good, though. It never hurts to know how to do more.
>>
>>14225726
You're an idiot. Ferrary were actually famous for their pretty metal plate over the shift gates isntead of just a leather cover over the shifter.
Lambo used those plates too by the by.
>>
>>14226721
Dual clutch is automatic.
>>
>>14226721
And the DCT models end up driven as automatics. You'll find a layer of dust and grime on the untouched wheel mounted paddle shifters.
>>
>>14226724
>>14226744
Granted the "muh feelangs" manual crowd can fuck off back to Jalopshit with the Toyobaru fags and vapers.
>>
>>14226744
>no torque converter

Not a traditional auto, doesn't count as an auto or manual
>>
>>14225383
i hate the unpredictable shifts that an auto can make and the downshifting.

every time my transmission downshifts and just pegs the engine to redline/rpm cutout my blood boils with rage.
>>
>tfw you're that guy manually controlling automatic cars
For real though, if an auto offers a sport mode and allows me to tell it what gear to be in I have nothing against it

>prefer proper manual
>this ever present with us or against us mentality on 4chan
>>
>>14225383
Nothing at all. I can very much see the appeal of lazily blipping a paddle and then steaming past some slow bastard in the middle lane.

Trouble is, I also enjoy the process of operating a conventional manual, and can currently only run one car.

There is definitely space for a powerful, comfy DCT touring estate somewhere in my dream garage.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.