[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the nissan rogue 11-12 and toyota venza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: car-pictures.cars.com.png (120KB, 624x300px) Image search: [Google]
car-pictures.cars.com.png
120KB, 624x300px
What does /o/ think of the nissan rogue 11-12 and toyota venza 09?

Is the CVT really a lemon?
How about 6-spd Autotragic?

Its for my mom, so no hurr muh hotrod.
>>
>CVT
>Not a Honda ATV
>why
>>
>>14217512
My mom just got the 2016 rogue and is absolutely in love with it. I drove a 2013 rogue for work over the summer. It was comfortable and got good mpgs. It actually had a bit of kick to it as well. Didn't have much trouble when merging on to highways. Room for groceries, luggage, and people.

Definitely not a flashy or fun vehicle, but for a commuter car for someone that just need funtionality and a way to get from a to b it's pretty great.
>>
>>14217512
DO NOT get a Nissan CVT. They are extremely unreliable.
>>
Mum has a '10 Nissan rogue, shit is pretty awesome to be honest family.
>>
>>14217512
The Venza is out of the Rouge's league btw.

Plus the Venza has an available V6 plus it's a Toyota. Plus it's bigger.

But the Venza is more premium with worse mileage.
>>
File: 1452311122550.gif (989KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1452311122550.gif
989KB, 500x452px
My mom had an 09 Rogue that she passed down to me

Since I've had it, the transmission was replaced twice. It had faulty wiring and would randomly disengage traction control. The transmission failed a total of 4 times, 3 times under warranty, all under 100k miles.

The car is currently at 90k miles, and I'm putting it up for sale. I can't deal with it anymore. My mom is assmad I'm selling it, but it's a fucking money pit.
>>
File: vitara-review_653.jpg (29KB, 432x186px) Image search: [Google]
vitara-review_653.jpg
29KB, 432x186px
OP here. whelp went down to look at rogues and ravs, but ended up going with the 10' grand vitara V6 4WD.

How'd I do?
>>
>>14217512
>buying a nissan
>2003+
Shiggy diggy.
Shit interiors (in that gen rogue), and the cvt is shit. Nissans are for poor people. There's always money on the hood and they accept lots of people with mediocre/bad credit which means they're dumb so the cars aren't maintained properly.

Tell her to get a Mazda cx-5 if she must have a lame crossover.
>>
>>14220088
>doesn't do any research before buying a car
>buys a car from a dead brand
>buys whatever is on the lot
>>
>>14220088
you got scammed
>>
>>14220652

Angsty teenager miata driver detected

The newest Rogues are supremely comfortable in terms of seating, and ride cushier than the rest of the compact CUV class. They're toward the larger end of the spectrum size wise, edging up to the 'tweener size that used to be occupied by the Sorento.

The older ones like you have pictured are much cheaper in terms of interior finish and have smaller cargo spaces, but are actually not too bad, considering the bargain basement prices they get blown out at (Rogue "Select"). My brother's wife has an '07 with 150k miles, no real issues that I can recall. My brother checked the CVT fluid and per the car's onboard diagnostics it still has 50% fluid life. He actually checked the condition of the fluid and he said it seemed fine, not burnt or dark. To be fair the car sees almost all highway and rural driving. With a set of snow tires it's a capable little beast in the snow, the AWD system has a locking function on the viscous coupling, useful in a pinch.

So despite what the Jalopnik morons on here would have you believe, both the older Rogue and the 2nd gen are pretty decent vehicles for the money. I'd certainly take one over a Mazda CX5 for the better ride alone.
>>
>>14220088

Geez. Well not the end of the world, but that's far from ideal for a typical female CUV driver. Probably the least refined and least efficient vehicle of the bunch, not to mention thirstiest by a mile.

BUT, these are impressively capable offroad, more so than all other competing crossovers. Not that it matters to your mom one bit.
>>
>>14221254
Get out of here normie. I'm not a teenager and I drive a civic.
>>
>>14221266
She liked the way it 'felt' better and the controls were simple so w/e. They do live in a rural area with plenty of hills, bumpy dirt roads and wet, muddy winters tho.
As long as its reliable for long road trips and can haul lots of stuff she'll be happy.
>>
>2016
>SUV
>>
The Rogue is one of the ugliest modern cars I have ever seen. I vomit a little everytime I see one. A person who owns one has NO taste in cars.

Heard bad things about their reliability too
>>
>>14220088
if you were in a third world country I'd say you did a mere ok.
>>
>>14217512
Terrible, awful, ugly, slow, unreliable, poor handling, annoying CVT drone, etc. My mom has one and it's the worst car ever, I can't wait until she wises up and gets rid of that turd, wish she would while it has any resale value left. It's even fucking brown.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.