[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re-builables?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: wrecks.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wrecks.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
Does anyone here buy and flip wrecked cars from insurance auctions? how are the profits if you do the work yourself?
>>
Catstang did but he decided to go cry. Sometimes I wonder what he's been up to and how his mustang has been going.
>>
>>14211917
>clean title, easy fix

Fucking craigslist
>>
I know a Polish guy up in Canada that does this, though he's shady about it. He buys wrecked cars for really cheap, fixes them, then passes them off as clean. He makes pretty good money but is scummy
>>
>>14211933
>>14211946
yeah I would do it on the up and up....I would give full disclosure as well as before pics...and in my state it would be branded as rebuilt
>>
No.
>>
buuuuuuhhmp
>>
>>14211917
might require a dealer license depending on where you live. Usually >4-6 cars a year does
>>
>>14212714
Nope I have already checked into that...it's not going to be an issue
>>
>>14211917
There's a local methhead that I know. He's a total asshole. Doesn't share etc. But he's got good work ethic.

What he'll do is low ball the fuck out of everyone on craigslist. Posting for 2k? $400 it is. He just does that for every single ad. Then he takes it for a drive, see if it has any problems, fixes them. Gives it a wash, claybar,, polish and wax. Cleans the interior. then flips it for more than the asking price.

The thing is, if you start doing a lot of cars a year, then you have to start paying taxes for every transfer. So what you do is, get the other owner to sign the title, and don't put your name on it. Then do everything within the 15days. Fix it, and sell it.
>>
>>14212764
Yeah I actually do a little bit of this myself, I was just curious if the margins would be any better if I bought wrecks and fixed them myself I have a shop at home and tools to do just about anything, my thinking was that I could buy later model cars and make a bigger profit
>>
The NEET mustang restorer on /o/ lol

Anyone heard from him recently?
>>
>>14214837
that dude with the mustang that for sure had a bent frame but he was in denial about it?
>>
Fuck off Catstang
>>
>>14212746
If you're going to try and not title cars before you sell them, I'd avoid that.
>>
>>14211922
He never posted anymore, did he?
>>
>>14214837
probably parted out the mustang after realizing how retarded he was and now has another car
>>
Yup. Used to a bunch. Would buy it, fix it, drive it for 3-6 months and sell it.

Just gotta make sure its a quick/cheap/easy fix. You miss something like frame damage or a toast engine it can turn into a time/money pit real quick.

Bought my namesake pic related for $50. Didn't run, owner thought engine was toast, etc.

Was real upset when I bought it, had signed paperwork in hand, and swapped one of the big main fuses out and drove it away. Sold it around a year later for $1200.
>>
File: 38103930013_original.jpg (141KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
38103930013_original.jpg
141KB, 600x449px
>>14211946
His name is Kris

>prove me wrong.
>>
>>14214910
im inquiring about rebuilding salvage titled cars from insurance auctions, so...yes they will have titles...rebuilt titles in my name once they are sold....
>>
>>14211917
theres a well known rebuilder in NJ that does this. I almost bought a salvage from him. They mostly stick to german brands (I assume is the largest margin). I see shit like a 2011 M3 for 30k, 2012 3 series for 18k, etc
>>
>>14215224
He paid $2k for it and the engine, trans, and rear axle were fucking fucked. Good luck Catstang on recouping the whole $2k.
>>
>>14211917
HA HA HA, silly human - you cannot hurt a Buick!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.