[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family is going to Europe in a few months but my dad keeps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1154062Skoda-Octavia-GreenLine.jpg (45KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
1154062Skoda-Octavia-GreenLine.jpg
45KB, 1024x686px
My family is going to Europe in a few months but my dad keeps telling us how we have to "pack light because the rental car isn't going to be that big." According the the rental car company, it's going to be a Renault Fluence or Skoda Octavia or something similar. I've looked at pictures of them but I'm still kinda unsure what the size of them is like. What do we have here in the US that's comparable in size to these cars?
>>
Think somewhere between a Ford Focus sedan and a Ford Fusion.
>>
>>14209425

The Octavia is a Passat underneath which in turn you clapburguers also known as an Audi A4.

The Fluence is similar.
>>
>>14209425

Rapid would be comparable to the Focus. Or a Megane from Renault.

You're OP cars to a smaller segment.
>>
Octavias have big trunks, but that's about it.

Renaults have more reliable engines.

I don't trust the new Fords. At all.

Get a Mazda 6 if you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 355x236px
>>14209412
Jetta senpai
>>
>>14209433
Octavia is Golf
Rapid is a (stretched) Polo
>>
>>14209433
Nope, Octavia is Golf-based.

Superb -> Passat
Octavia -> Golf
Fabia -> Polo
>>
Rental cars usually are chosen specifically with trunk size in mind. The last time I had a rental I was surprised about the trunk size in such a small car. It's not comparable to landbarges, but sufficient unless you take half your household on vacation. Airline restrictions and extra luggage fees should be more of a concern to you than your rental car trunk anyway.
>>
Also, how hard is shifting with the hand opposite the one you're used to shifting with?
>>
>>14209574
>>14209576

Dimensions are Passat.

Golf platform was only used because VW has an uber marketing department and knows how to jew the shekels out of the idiots.
>>
>>14209622

It probably is harder for the first hours to keep in mind that you have to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.

So you're going to britbongland.

So many more excellent places to visit and you're going to one infested with niggers and curry smelling people.
>>
>>14209576
Wrong. Superb is not (or atleast was not)based on a passat platform. It has way more interior room than the passat. And I mean way more. Its almost like a phaeton inside. The octavia is also a little bigger than golfs butnot by much.
>>
>>14209738

Most plebs are to stupid to even look at the cars and just splurge out the marketing.
>>
Octavia is basically an Audi A4 with a bigger trunk. Also the whole back window opens with the trunk lid. You should get the 2L turbo diesel or the 2L tfsi. The other engines have no balls.
>>
>>14209772
>thinking you have a say in a rental car's motorization
>>
>>14209708
Ireland, but it seems like it's pretty close to the same thing
>>
>>14209738
The Superb is based on the Passat platform, it's just stretched for more space
>>
>>14209780

Not really. Theres some cool celtic stuff to see.

You should brush a bit about it before going there so you could appreciate it more.
>>
>>14209780
We mostly have whites here in Ireland.
The octavia has a pretty big boot I think but the fluence wasn't exactly small either, we had one up until list year
>>
>>14209412
The Octavia is basically a Jetta.
>>
>>14209795
Yeah i looked it up. The first one was on an A4 chassis though.
My dad has a 2012 2.0TDI and I get to drive it quite a bit. That said, compared to my 2001 A6 it really feels nervous on the road. And little hard too. My dad likes my pos Audi more, way more comfortable
>>
>>14209700
Nope

Octavia
>4,659mm x 1,814mm x 1,461mm
Jetta
>4,644mm x 1,778 mm x 1,453mm
Passat
>4,767mm x 1,832mm x 1,456mm
Passat (North America)
>4,851mm x 1,828mm x 1,486mm
>>
>>14209563
what you basing this opinion on?
>>
>>14209818
had no idea the fluence was availble in ireland, im fairly certain the piece of crap wasnt in bongistan???
>>
>>14209622
Weirdly not hard at all. Only time I've done it was in an old dune buggy with a horrendously jerky, imprecise 4 speed, and the vaguest clutch in the world. I managed fine despite being usually being uncoordinated as fuck.
>>
>>14211951
We got the electric version. If they made those in rhd, it isn't such a stretch that they might have sold petrol versions to the Irish.
>>
>>14211973
did we? not on renault site that i could see...also they have no laguna replacement bar grand megane?
>>
>>14212005
It was utter, shit, they hardly sold any, and now Renault is probably trying to forget the whole sorry fiasco. But yeah, we did.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/renault/fluence/saloon-2012-2013/review
>>
>>14209563
It's a rental car who gives a fuck?
>>
>>14211951
Yeah, my dad had one, think it was a diesel.
You actually don't see many of them around, a few from 2012 or so.
>>
>>14209563
It's a rental you shit cunt.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.