[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having trouble reading this spark plug. What do you guys think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Having trouble reading this spark plug.
What do you guys think?
>>
Yep, that's a spark plug.
>>
>>14206300
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Different side
>>
>>14206309
Thanks
>>
>>14206313
Yep, that's still a spark plug.
>>
>>14206329
What type of spark plug tho
>>
>>14206300
Dat gap
>>
>>14206338
.045?????????????
>>
>>14206313
Looks like a spark plug to me
>>
>>14206300
>>10361930
>>
>>14206350
bro that's like .1
>>
1975 c10
Forged internals
Brodix race rite heads
242/248 @ .05
.566 .566
>>
>>14206300
Your engine is running lean but other than that, nothing wrong.
>>
>>14206365
Maybe the angle of the pic? They're set at .045
>>
looks like you're running too rich with a hot plug. also when you replace your plugs you need to gap with feeler gauges not one of the circle tools. only thing those are good for is gapping your ass.
>>
>>14206378
They're champions c59yc. Pretty cold plug. And it's gapped with the wire checkers
>>
>>14206383
I meant cold plug I type hot plug alot because hondas. go to NGK plug and maybe one step hotter and see how that does. are you carbed?
>>
>>14206406
Ya Holley 800 dp
>>
>>14206300
>Late model BBC valve cover and accessory drive

454 SS?

Anyway that plug was below self-cleaning temp when the engine was stopped. Why is another matter. It was probably just idled into the shop or something and colored the plug that way. To read plugs for WOT mixtures the engine has to be run WOT and cut clean, no idling. And you have to look down into the area between the shell and porcelain with a light and magnifying glass in order to see anything.

Needless to say this is a pita so I just tune for either acceleration rate, say a 30-50 mph pull. Or with a wide band while keeping in mind the acceleration rate is what you're after, not the theoretical good ratio. After that what you can look at the pugs for is porcelain condition (too hot spotting, detonation damage etc) and the timing line on the ground electrode.
>>
>>14206427
Gen VI 454 bored and stroked to 496

I'm having a slight misfire at idle and I'm suspecting its #3. misfire clears at around 2k. a/f is at 14.1 at idle
>>
>>14206427
Good eye btw
>>
>>14206417
ok that explains a bit. carbs are generally tuned for what you run them at so say you want 11.8 AFR (wideband reading) at 4k rpm where all your power is then its going to optimum in that range. at idle it's going to pump rich plus you won't have the cylinder temp to clean like >>14206427 said. Get a WOT run and pull a front or rear cylinder plug on either side as they run the leanest average.
>>
one side looks slightly lean, but the other side looks rich. why is that? plug position?
>>
>>14206465
Ya that's why I posted that spark plug. That's the part that trips me out
>>
>>14206465

its the angle it's clocked at. you can buy plug clocking spacers for people that make enough power to blow out your spark.

>>14206445
when did the problems start? did you change anything? what did the plug wires Ohm at? you haven't fiddled with the idle mixture screws have you?
>>
>>14206465
That's why I said it wasn't up to temp. The plug was getting washed by the incoming air-fuel mix which cooled that side off enough to leave a deposit but it's not so rich as to foul the whole thing out
>>
>>14206445
What's the timing at?
>>
>>14206531
14 initial 34 all in by 3500
>>
>>14206491
112 ohms. In spec. Started today while out on the street. Started to hear a weird idle then when I gave it gas you could hear the misfire. Engine has 2k miles. No problems till today
>>
>>14206545
that should be fine

Does the misfire go away under load at the same rpm as it would if you're revving it in neutral?
>>
>>14206558
if your ignition system is up to par then I would check compression and leakdown since it's a rebuilt engine. especially if you had the machine shop do the bottom end. not only that it's free to do.
>>
>>14206579
About the same in neutral.
>>
>>14206581
Gonna check the compression later today when my pops brings back my tools
>>
You've got alot of people on here who have no clue how to read a plug answering you. Your two pictures are of no use, you need to show us a good picture of the strap. Only then will we be able to make any useful assumptions about how your motor is running.
>>
>>14208536
I also should have told you to show ALL of your plugs, not just one...
>>
>>14208550
The rest were all good. Like they literally almost like the same. Turns out the wire was shorting out on firewall
>>
Line em all up next to each other and get a good shot of the ground strap from above and a little toward the strap side. Make sure there is plenty of light on the strap and that the pic shows down in around the ceramic as much as possible.
>>
Cunts fucked, get a new set of plugs
>>
>>14206300
>>14206313
5 stars man 10/10
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.