[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I drive an automatic and prefer it. That's okay and driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 1452246892581.jpg (28KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452246892581.jpg
28KB, 720x720px
I drive an automatic and prefer it.

That's okay and driving a manual transmission is just as okay.

ITT: We are courteous to one another about our transmissions.
>>
>>14196186
You're a faggot and not an auto enthusiast.

Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
Have one of each, aspire to become Lenco master race.
>>
>if you can't drive stick you don't deserve a dick
>>
>>14196186
this
>mfw planning manualised ls1
>>
>>14196198
>accelerator pedal is fuck
makes sense
>>
I drive a CVT and I like it.
>>
File: 1449832230298.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1449832230298.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>tfw you're so good at driving manual that it's become automatic
>>
>>14196218
>mfw barely drive manual and its still fun
yey

whats driving a auto like for you? I love bamshifting through the gears
>>
>started driving when I was 16
>got a Focus with an automatic like a fucking normie
>get into cars when I'm 21 and start browsing /o/
>borrow a shitty company truck to try driving stick
>it's fucking great
>want to trade in my reliable, low km, brand new Cobalt and downgrade to a POS with a stickshift
>>
>>14196249
I'm fucking around. Manual is still more fun for occasional scooting around town and back roads and it's always a learning experience, but I really hate it for freeway commuting if there's any chance of stop and go traffic which there always is in SoCal. It's tedious as fuck to leave a gap for myself and have someone jump in or some guy tail me one foot away on an uphill.

So I don't hate my auto commuter.
>>
>>14196192

Muh nigga
>>
>>14196264
>socal
>hills + traffic
Fuuuck
>>
>>14196264
>oh, it's so complicated driving a manual because there's traffic and hills
Fuck off lazy ass nigger and learn to drive.
>>
>>14196218
I get you - that's occurred to me recently, too. My rev matching could probably be better, but by and large the process of shifting gears is so natural nowadays that I might as well just be clicking a paddle on the steering wheel.

I really would be interested to have a go with a modern DCT sometime. Can't imagine I'd want to change over, because it's nice to have that extra layer of adjustability, but I'd love to know how it felt.
>>
>>14196289
Fuck off ignorant cunt. Not even the guy you reply to.
>>
>>14196618
Eventually you'll rev match perfectly too.
>>
>>14196264
>but I really hate it for freeway commuting if there's any chance of stop and go traffic
People who say this just don't know how to drive manual yet, but think they do. Besides having to move my left leg, it's not harder to drive a manual through stop and go traffic than an automatic.

In other words get good fuckface
>>
>>14196649
>>14196264
Auto = good for commuting to work in shitty stop-and-go traffic, gets you from A to B

Manual = good for fun and boiracing, VROOM VROOM
>>
File: 1428837107683.jpg (66KB, 358x438px) Image search: [Google]
1428837107683.jpg
66KB, 358x438px
>mfw I don't know how to drive autotragic
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 280x400px
>>14196675
That literally makes no sense
>>
>buying first car
>parents try to convince me MT is bad
>"oh your left leg is going to be hurtin if you get in traffic"
>"clutch replacement tho"
>AX4N in mom's Taurus promptly explodes the next month and needs to be rebuilt

>end up with based Volvo 850, engine brake and bamshift everywhere
>trade that in on Suzuki SX4 SB with flappy-paddle CVT
>flappy paddles and fixed ratios wear grooves in CVT pulleys
>time to replace the trans OH WAIT RIP SUZUKI
>trade SX4 in on MT Dodge Dart
>Parents were wrong
>my right leg is the one that hurts in traffic
>because it's so much fun to put it to the floor

I'm down with the CVT, with dual-clutch autos and tiptronic nonsense. All these things make driving a car more fun. But I will never buy a fluid torque-converter car ever again.
>>
>>14196679

In my shithole country everyone drives manuel. I have no idea what the letters in the lever mean.
>>
>>14196666
nah if you daily an automatic and are able bodied you're just lazy as shit or you just don't know how to drive stick.

is it that much harder to engage the clutch and give it some throttle than it is to let go of the brake and give it some throttle? you act it's kayaking

at least admit you're lazy instead of pretending to be as wise as confucius
>>
>>14196666

devil quads checked
>>
>>14196682
you mean DCT? CVT is even less engaging than a normal automatic even if it doesn't use a fluid coupling
>>
>>14196684
D means drive, R means reverse, P means park. It's really not that hard to figure out. Are you functionally retarded?
>>
>>14196684
P: Pause
R: Race
N: Neutral
D: Drift
L: Loose (will let you do bigger skids than drift mode)
>>
>>14196698

kthanks, but it's different in my language

>>14196699
I like the D
>>
>>14196684
P: p-p-pretty sure I'm home
R: Run over children and cats
N: Never use this
D: Durr I go now?
L: Let's try this one
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 658x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 658x720px
>>14196704
Wow, didn't realize learning what 3 letters stand for was so hard in your language. Do you speak in whistles and clicks or something?
>>
>>14196618
To be honest, the modern DCT (and performance torque converters) shift way quicker and crisper than I can with a manual transmission. I really prefer the feel of that crisp shift in everyday driving compared to normal shifting in a manual.
>>
File: sperg.jpg (93KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
sperg.jpg
93KB, 581x593px
>>14196715
I don't know how to read
>>
>>14196675
How? This makes you more retarded than the people who can't drive manual. It's just push gas for go juice push other one for not go juice. The only thing that takes some time getting used to is the throttle response, which is especially sickening on newer autos. The throttle response on my moms mitsubishi literally makes me sick, especially in "eco mode". I swear eco mode is just reduced throttle response because normalfags cant into pedals.

God damn it why cant my generation into driving. Back in the day driving was seen as the ultimate right of passage
>>
>>14196689
>confirmed for never driving in a city
>confirmed for living in hick town
>>
>>14196723

I just never tried, doh
>>
>>14196716
You're kind of missing the whole point of driving a manual. Just stick to slush boxes. Actual driving isn't for you.
>>
>>14196723
I've never driven any drive-by-wire car that feels remotely as good as an older physical throttle connection.
>>
>>14196727
>HURR I CAN MOVE A GEAR SHIFTERRRR
>IT'S SO FUNNNN
>>
>>14196735
You sound like a real enthusiast.
>>
>>14196725
blow me. come meet me in san francisco, i'm in the castro district
>>
>>14196695
The CVT in my Suzuki had a fluid coupling so it was incredibly slow off the line, but it could change between regular CVT mode and fixed-ratio with 6 defined "gears".

In fixed ratio mode, the transmission was incredibly fast to change gears to the point it felt like a DCT, but it had more driver control than your average tiptronic, allowing me to engine brake to redline, blip the throttle, and generally drive it like a real manual. The car was also light enough that the regular CVT mode was fun, as it felt like a go-kart no matter what I did. It was like a huge, FWD RC car. Step on the pedal and BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH (and then i'm doing about 45).

CVT is top-tier for small cars, not so much for luxobarges and SUVs. The CVT in my dad's old Murano was really dull, but the trans in the SX4 is the same unit from the Nissan Versa, so it's really down to what kind of car the transmission is put in. The 'Zuki really was made to corner, so the loss of power from the CVT didn't dampen the fun.

Dual-clutch systems are too complicated for shitboxes. See all the shit the Dart is going through, and that's just an automated clutch and sensors slapped onto the standard MT unit.
>>
>>14196689
Listen buddy

My daily commute is fucking horrible and automatic makes it bearable

Stop-and-go combined with the fact that I'm sitting behing a dump truck half the time makes it worse
>>
>>14196735

>can't even move a gear shifter
>being this buttmad
>>
>>14196740
guess i'm wrong and you were right, anon. Still not a fan of CVTs but they seem to be getting better.
>>
>>14196739
I bet your car is garbage
>>
>>14196786
meet me somewhere and i'll show you
>>
Driving an automatic is nice and relaxing because you just put your foot on the gas and go. More of an appliance but if you just want to get from point a to point b while eating a snack and listening to a podcast.

Driving a stick is fun if you want to focus on driving and really experience the road and vehicle itself. Great if you want to occupy your self with an "activity"

It's sort of the difference between liking to go out to eat and being a "foodie" vs liking to cook and eating what you make.. One is more passive but you can get enjoyment out of both.

Always wear a seatbelt, drive safe but have fun, and don't drive drunk. I love you all, take care and be well.
>>
>I eat dicks and I prefer it.
>That's okay and not being a raging faggot is just as okay.
>>
>>14196725
>confirmed for not having CDL
>confirmed for not living behind the wheel

Enjoy your cubicle, rat.
>>
>>14196866
Drive stick long enough, and the action of shifting becomes second nature. There's no active thinking involved, and you don't find yourself recalling any of the drive once you arrive.

To apply your logic to something else:

Velcro shoes are nice and relaxing because you just press them together and go. More of an appliance but if you just want to get from point a to point b while eating a snack and listening to a podcast.

Using shoelaces is fun if you want to focus on running and really experience the trail and shoe itself. Great if you want to occupy yourself with an 'activity'
>>
>>14196649
Never said hard, he said tedious.
>>
>>14196198
>can drive stick
>still choose auto

why can't you let me relax while still enjoying my car?
>>
>>14196675
I didn't know either before trying it
the biggest thing I was confused about was how to drive without engine braking, but everything worked itself out within minutes
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.