[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Removing paint scratch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (717KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
717KB, 2048x1536px
Figured you folks might know some tricks besides what Google and find me.

Tried getting out of a parking garage the other night by going around the lift bar as the machine would not let me out.
Left a prettyyy long paint buff on the side of my car, basically a long white line of white paint, over the my car's black paint, from the rail I was attempting to get around.

Definitely looks like something I should be able to buff off without a huge scratch being left behind so I would like to fix it without leaving anymore damage.

This is the best image I could find that's similar to my car.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>14187429
>as the machine would not let me out.

Should've just paid your parking fee.
>>
Abrasive compound then polish.
>>
Mineral spirits or lacquer thinner to take out the white paint and then assess the damage. If you can run your finger over it and feel a gouge then it will need to be sanded down and repainted. If you think it's just in the clear coat then sand it down with 1000-3000 grit and then compound/polish
>>
use the small fine tool in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DmficJ5I88

whats the story behind it, why did you just pay?
>>
>>14187462
>>14188247
Not op but been there before:

>get permit upon entering garage
>go do stuff, get back, and pay at pay station in garage
>go to exit in car, permit reader says "ACCESS DENIED" despite the fact that its shitty cousin just took six of my dollars
>push big "PUSH FOR HELP" button, but they ran out of help I guess and the machine doesn't dispense any
>have to stealthily drive over bush and out of the lot
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>14187429
This shit works wonders. Seriously, spray some on a soft cloth and it takes everything out of your paint. I use it to get tar or whatever the hell off when I clean my cars.
>>
>>14188591
Dude the exact same thing happened. Access denied at 2 different gates. Tried moving it too and just went for it. Happened really fucking fast too.
>>
Use Meguiar's mirror glaze multi-step stuff. First pass fills all the white, second and consecutive passes blend it in with the rest of the paint
>>
>>14187429
start with the finest compound and work up to the roughest, is there metal showing or just paint scuffs/ transfer?
>>
>>14190059
That's completely backwards.

The fine glaze will make the tops of the horribly deep cuts smooth but not remove them. Using Rough cut after that will just make more cuts. Quit trolling bruh.

Use roughest compound you think you will need and the finer ones to shine it up
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.