[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so my car was overheating today. I drove it home after i pulled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7135.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7135.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
so my car was overheating today. I drove it home after i pulled over and let it cool down. I wasn't far. its a Chrysler seabring.. like 2006 or something.

so I opened the hood because my dad told me I might just need to put fluid in it. but this is what the thing with the radiator cap on it looks like. is it supposed to be disconnected?

sorry I know nothing about cars.. does anyone know whats wrong, and if its gonna be expensive? im legit broke so im kinda worried

also idk if this is related. but the heater/air conditioner has had problems for a while if I use either sometimes it leaks fluid onto the ground of the passenger side
>>
>>14187076

Ya...you have some problems, the hose definately needs to be attached to complete fluid loop...
>>
>>14187097
so what do you think is wrong? like it needs a new hose? or it just needs to be reconnected?
>>
>>14187103

It needs to be connected, but it kinda looks like the piece of flange is missing...this maybe somewhat costly if the only solution is a new rad...
>>
>>14187103
Go to auto zone and get a hose clamp, they are cheap as shit.
>>
Your radiator nipple is busted so you need a new radiator.
>>
>>14187076
Yep, that's plastic.
>>
>>14187076
>driving a Chrysler
it's your own damn fault you fucking idiot...why didn't you buy a Honda?
>>
>>14187076
You need a new radiator and a new heater core if it's leaking on the passenger floor.
There isn't enough plastic to effectively clamp the hose back on to the radiator.
Sorry bout the luck!
>>
Sounds like what everyone else is saying is the case. Go buy a new radiator. They're about $100 and can be swapped out by people who know nothing about cars. It shouldn't be too bad.
What happened is the plastic from the rad broke off. Maybe from a clogged heater core? Is there a leak inside the floor, or under the car?
>>
>>14187076
You need a new rad.
The neck for the hose to clamp onto is broken off.
Also you might have fucked your head or intake gaskets from overheating it.

Leaking on the outside of the passenger side is okay its 99% just water from the condenser.
>>
you dont need a new rad just nigger rig it with clamps, it's a 2006 Chrysler for god sakes
>>
File: th.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>14187076
OP listen to me, fuck these people for now, does the part that is broken look removable? Some cars have the radiator, then the plastic piece on top of it to connect all the hoses like pic related.
>>
>>14188102
Clamp the hose to WHAT? I don't know if you even looked at OP's pic - the nipple or area to clamp the hose on is BROKEN.
If the plastic was weak enough for it to break there imagine the rest of the rad? It's junk, OP needs a new rad end of story.

They aren't even hard to change anyway, git gud faggit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.