[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just put limo tint on my car, would I get pulled over for having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Tint-Laws.jpg (21KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
Tint-Laws.jpg
21KB, 250x178px
I just put limo tint on my car, would I get pulled over for having it that dark

>Legal limit 20% in the back and 35% in the front
>>
I have tint that looks illegal because of my black interior, but I always but my windows down if I get pulled over so they really don't notice, but I have been asked about it before, never ticketed
>>
How about you google it dumbcunt.

Tint laws differ from country to country. But tell you what, since you're a dumbfuck enough: yes and its a $250 fine
>>
>>14186701
depends on the cop and your state

if their just trying to meet their quota, you bet your ass they will
>>
>>14186736
No shit, I know it's illegal I just wanted to know if other people think I would get pulled over
>>
>>14186781
Every car here in CA is running Illegal tint no one cares desu senpai
>>
>>14186701
I bought my last two cars with dark-ish tint and cops give me shit for it all the time, roll em' down when you see a cop son.

Also to the people who go on about it being dangerous; it doesn't obstruct vision nearly as much as you would think and cuts down on glare from lights/headlights considerably at night to the point where I'd even call it a fucking safety feature. Cops have told me multiple times it's not because it's dangerous for the driver but rather the cops want to see into people's cars.
>>
>>14187070
Also NJ if you care, OP.
>cops want to see into people's cars.
For their own safety, forgot to mention.
>>
>>14186781
>I'm doing this illegal stuff
>will I get pulled over
The correct answer here is YES.

Now then you have a shit load of other things to take into effect. Does the cop care, does a different cop care, is it near the end of the month, are you out at night or during the day. Where you are at.

But the correct answer you are looking for is, Yes you will get a ticket and yes you will be pulled over.
>>
File: Ilovebackingupatnight.jpg (3MB, 5184x3888px) Image search: [Google]
Ilovebackingupatnight.jpg
3MB, 5184x3888px
>>14187058
This.
I even see loads of people with the front windshield tinted.
>>14186781
It really depends on where you live and how much you drive. I've never been bothered for tint, but I do know some people who have. I would pretty much expect to be pulled over eventually and wouldn't put limo tint on unless you're okay with taking it off and putting it back on multiple times.
>>
Even some stock tints will get your ass followed and pulled over, Limo tint is just asking for it.
>>
Thank you anons for honest answers
>>
Depends how authoritarian the police are.
>>
>>14186701
Most likely not (unless you're in MD or VA). I've had limo tint for like 6 years in California and Colorado and never been pulled over for it. I've been pulled over twice for two other things, both officers mentioned the tints but didn't care and didn't write a ticket for it.
>>
File: IMG_20151010_231447108.jpg (674KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151010_231447108.jpg
674KB, 1920x1080px
>>14186701
Ive come up with two ways to avoid getting a ticket for tint.
#1 roll down your window so they can't tell that there really dark at 05%
#2 say it came like that from the factory
Or #3 just say you bought it like that.
>>
>>14189914
Should I roll down all the windows? ...and I'm also thinking about tinting the front windshield, but not that dark, do you think this would be a problem?
>>
>>14190330
Isn't it illegal in most states to tint a windshield below the AS-1 line?
>>
>>14190330
Yes. All it takes is one cop in a bad mood and you're fucked.

Also if you have illegal tint your insurance company can choose to drop your coverage for having improper equipment if you get in an accident and then you will be EXTREMELY fucked.
>>
>>14186701

Step 1: don't be nignog because double darkness
Step 2: tint your shit and drive free, honkey!
>>
>>14190378
>>14186701
Anyone have an /o/ guide to tinting? I got some 35% brown tint for my Jag. Not grey... straight up shit brown.
>>
>>14190381
Sounds disgusting why would you want to put brown tint on a fucking jag?
>>
File: 1435408878800.png (137KB, 817x626px) Image search: [Google]
1435408878800.png
137KB, 817x626px
>tfw got a limo tint job done for $200 flat promo (cad)
>Tfw drive a 3rd Gen outback Wagon, car is all windows
>Tfw took the guy 6-7hours for $200, he was visibly pissed.
I like the feeling of no longer driving in a fishbowl and since it's a Wagon the cops pay no attention to me. Tint is pretty damn common anyway with new cars, and you just blend in.
>>
>>14190402
I'm living the old man life, fuck you. I'll tint all my windows brown AND eat oatmeal squares with skim milk for every meal. Fuck you, just give me a guide.
>>
>>14190416
No, I won't give you a guide to ruining a jag.
>>
>>14190426
You don't have a guide, shitlife.

I normally wouldn't take the bait, but how is tinting the back windows ruining a car that... usually has its back windows tinted? In a unique colour, too. I think you need to deal with it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.