[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf are these and how do I get them out of the cylinder head?,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (156KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 640x1136px
Wtf are these and how do I get them out of the cylinder head?, I bought a cylinder head or a ka24e motor and it has these inbetween the head and block but the cylinder head I bought already has one in it where my existing block already sits, I have 2 other cylinder heads for this motor but none of them have this spacer thing, got one out of the head I bought alreafy it wiggles out kind of tough but this last one doesn't budge at all
>>
hmm, maybe use penetrating oil and a torch on it?
but you might warp the head that way.
>>
>>14170966
Tried penetrating oil nothing, tried beating with a hammer, not budging
>>
You're gonna need a dowel pin puller
>>
>>14170974
Most likely peened it and jammed it up in there now. Way to go. Soak it with penetrating oil and try to turn it with vice grips. Or weld a nut onto it if you have access to a welder.
>>
>>14170963
I'm not sure about that engine, but I'm pretty sure the dowel pins go in the block and not the head, to make head gasket alignment easier. Get a bolt that fits in the dowel pin snuggly, then grab it with some channel locks or vicegrips and twist/pull that fucker out.
>>
>>14170963
Those are for oil or water passages I think it helps sealing or something.
probably gonna have to cut it to get it out those are a tight press fit
>>
>>14171909
Its a dowel pin m80

Why do you wanti remove it op?
>>
>>14170963
its a dowel pin
i see you said you hit it with a hammer so good luck getting it out
like somebody already said id weld something to it and be careful not to get it too hot then pull it out
if you dont have access to a welder you could try vice grips but i dont know how that will go for you
>>
>>14171918
>Why do you wanti remove it op?
did you even read what he said?
>>14170963
>the cylinder head I bought already has one in it
>>
>>14170963
Strange. My vanagon has things like those which were popping out of the oil pan and leaking oil. Have to get them replaced/maybe welded now.
>>
>>14170963
these dowel pins align the head perfectly over top of the gasket/cylinders and they're supposed to stay in the block.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.