[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 stroke cafe racer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: ThickBox_038.jpg (367KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ThickBox_038.jpg
367KB, 1600x1200px
Hi all,
Im a young kid and i've been meaning to do a cafe racer project for a while, im interested in the old 80s Yamaha FS1s, but i wanted something with a little more grunt so i got the bigger brother (the YB100) Im looking for any suggestions you think could make this bike look good, thanks
>>
*and perform better
>>
>>14166625
Just buy a Skyteam Ace
>>
>>14166657
as much as i'd love a skyteam ace, im a poor faggot lmao
>>
File: BillyWizz-Bike18.jpg (144KB, 950x631px) Image search: [Google]
BillyWizz-Bike18.jpg
144KB, 950x631px
Looks
>cafe seat, can be made by yourself
>shorter/no fenders
>clip on handlebars
>no mirrors or bar end mirrors
>smaller gauges
>smaller turning signals and tail lights
>take off chain guard
>paint the engine

Performance
>expansion chamber
>pod filter (more looks than performance desu)
>lighter rims
>porting and polishing
>different rear sprocket
>>
>>14166625
Its going to be hard to improve that look without some real fab skills.
Theres not much to alter on that setup apart from the gas tank and seat. I'd start with the seat. It will be the easiest thing to start with that won't take your bike out of commission. Its literally 1/3 of that bike. Get some upholstry foam and carve out something like pic. Other than that, a decent paint scheme would do quite a bit. Most will do a dark grey , black or white body with bright thick pinstripes that emphasize that flat-top cafe' look. Bars/ grips are pretty easy to install and I'm sure you can find a decent amount of them with the look you want.
Have you ridden before? 2 strokes are lubricated much differently than 4 strokes, and you'd want to know a good bit about jetting and basic carb tuning before id take one on any trip over a mile or so. The riding style is different as well, its not hard to score the hell out of your top with beginner mistakes.
>>
you're best bet to boost performance of that bike is;
rip off any part that is not needed
get a lighter weight seat
get rid of the speedo, keep the tacho
get a smaller tank
rip of the guards
small/lighter exhaust
take a shit before you go for a ride
get rid of the stands (centre and side)
>>
>>14166907
Why smaller tank? It's already small as hell.
>>
>>14166814
A side note, any exhaust mod will most likely require re-jetting.
Honestly OP don't worry about performance until you've got some seat time and know what you really want to improve. Go online and get familiar with the symptoms of rich/lean mixtures. Pointless to start upgrading if you never got up to stock power/response in the first place.
Sorry if im being autistic , I've just gotten, or helped get, a decent amount of bikes sold for cheap because people just cant get them to run right/hold idle. Its almost always carb, and its almost never stock parts.
>>
>>14166925
Better to be autistic than to hear "4chan broke my bike with upgrades"
>>
File: IMG_0418.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>14166625
I kept mine stock. '77 125cc
Strawberry scented oil helps
>>
please please please do not cafe a stock 2 stroke road bike, please. choose something else if you want to customize looks, dont ruin a beautiful antique.
>>
File: -4.jpg (180KB, 1781x1336px) Image search: [Google]
-4.jpg
180KB, 1781x1336px
keep it stock
>>
>>14166907
> SMALL EXHAUST

I don't think you know much about 2-strokes breh.
>>
>>14168259
Stay mad, fuck off
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.