[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Installed a new rack and pinion. Wheels move to the right when I move the steering wheel to the left... Wtf? 92 accord.
>>
>>14164489
Hoses backwards
>>
>>14164500
On what? The rack and pinion?
>>
>>14164502
Yes
>>
>>14164489
Upside down.
>>
>>14164524
My steering wheel? Had a guess.
>>
>>14164532
No, the rack and pinion.
>>14164500
Unless there's no physical connection from steering wheel to rack and pinion, backwards hoses should make the power steering fight you instead of making things go opposite.
>>
>>14164532
No, the rack is upside down.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 500x315px
>>14164532
.... how is that possible???? I must be a real dumbass
>>
>/o/ actually working on cars

bait thread
>>
Bullshit. you post these threads every other day Carl
>>
>>14164489
You should have left this to the mechanic, anon.
>>
>>14164489
Did you buy an Australian made rack and pinion?
>>
>>14164489
Troll thread. This is impossible for many reasons
>>
>>14164667
No troll thread. Dead serious. Will provide a video soon.
>>
>>14164500
No. Wow, you're dumb.
>>
>>14164489

Anti-theft device. Leave it that way. Now nobody can borrow your car.
>>
>>14164748
That's not a bad idea lol
>>
Okay more details. I didn't lock the steering wheel and for some reason it has never locked. While the rack and pinion was disconnected the steering wheel was moving freely and doing more turns than what it has ever done it is life. I'm assuming that my steering wheel shaft is fucky, but again I don't know shit about the steering wheels.
>>
>>14164878
I'm gonna see if I can turn my shaft backwards
>>
>>14164649
Stop going around throwing out names. Christ you do that every other thread, Jerry. It's not cool or funny, just fucking annoying. Go to /r9k/ if you want to shitpost
>>
>>14165028
Shut up Jenkins
>>
>>14164524
>>14164562

>>14164585
If you had it as far apart as OP image indicates (which I'm not sure why you would, as you said you installed a new unit), you could have easily installed the important bits upside down.

If you didn't, probably the auto parts store's rebuild house was having an off day. You wouldn't believe the fucked-up incorrectly assembled shit I used to receive in as "TRIPLE INSPECTED NEW" parts from our suppliers when i worked at Autozone.
>>
Gah damn. OP (ME) is a retard. The tie rods connect to the right side of the wheel (if you look at the wheel from the face of it) it moves the tire to the left (from the front of the car) becusse the inner tie rod contracts the other side of the tie rod extends moving the other tore to the left as well. Fuck.
>>
>>14165490
Confirm. OP is always a retard.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.