[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AAA: Fuel prices to remain low in 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: gas-pump.jpg (90KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
gas-pump.jpg
90KB, 1024x681px
http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/2015-gas-prices-second-cheapest-in-a-decade-aaa-year-end-gas-price-report/
>Gas prices are lower than $2 per gallon in most parts of the country. About 71 percent of U.S. stations are selling gas for less than $2 per gallon today, and drivers can find at least one station selling gas for less than $2 in 47 states.
>California had the most expensive annual average of any state in 2015 for the first time on record. California’s annual average was $3.16 per gallon. California’s refineries experienced a significant number of problems throughout the year, which disrupted regional production and kept gas prices higher than expected.

On this year:
>Gas prices are likely to remain relatively low in 2016. AAA estimates the annual average price of gas in 2016 is likely to end up between $2.25 and $2.45 per gallon, which would be cheaper or at least comparable to this year’s average of $2.40 per gallon.
>Based on typical seasonal trends, the national average price of gas could remain relatively flat or drop another 10 cents per gallon over the next few weeks. By late winter, the national average could rise 50 cents per gallon or more as refineries conduct seasonal maintenance in advance of the busy summer driving season. Despite the likelihood of higher prices by spring, AAA does not expect the national average price of gas to rise above $3 per gallon in 2016.

Has cheap gas changed your driving habits, /o/? Will it change your vehicle buying preferences?
>>
>>14164203
What the FUCK, the cheapest near me is $2.60 and most jackasses are getting it under $2?
>>
>>14164342
the station near me is at 2.15

nice shit
>>
>>14164342
Where do you live? The averages vary by area.

>The five states with the lowest average prices today include: Missouri ($1.72), Oklahoma ($1.75), South Carolina ($1.75), Arkansas ($1.75) and Tennessee ($1.76).
>The five states with the highest prices today include: California ($2.85), Hawaii ($2.69), Nevada ($2.51), Washington ($2.47) and Alaska ($2.47).

Fuel prices vary by state taxes (some have much higher taxes than others), cost of living/property in the area, etc... and for california, prices are always very high compared to the rest of the country because they require a special low pollution blend that's more expensive. It's also only refined by a few specific oil refineries, so when any of them have trouble, prices spike even more.
>>
>>14164360
deep in the warshingtun mountains, fuck
>>
>Buying an auto based on gas prices
>O boo hoo I can afford to drive this truck, gas prices was cheap when I got it, no idea they would shot up

Every time, fuking retards
>>
>>14164203
Oh right, I forgot to answer the question with a hell no.
>>
>>14164370
Washington charges $.4450 in state taxes on fuel per gallon; when combined with federal taxes, it's $.6290 per gallon.

Meanwhile New Jersey charges $.1450 in state taxes per gallon for a total (incl federal) tax of $.3290 per gallon, or thirty cents less.

Oregon switches to the same more expensive fuel blend in the summer and depends on similar refineries to california as well.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/officehours/2012/may/15/why-washington-gas-prices-are-so-high/
>>
>>14164398
Oh, well ok. If it's just taxes then I'm just fine with it. I live on a logging road and those taxes are probably why the potholes get fixed weekly.
>>
>>14164398
Thanks for all the information, anon. You're pretty good.
>>
File: avg-price-map.jpg (51KB, 396x284px) Image search: [Google]
avg-price-map.jpg
51KB, 396x284px
>>14164408
It sucks when roads are poorly maintained. Houston is like a fucking train wreck with road quality. I'd rather pay a little more for gas than have roads like that. New York road quality is generally pretty good considering the harsh winters (e.g. potholes from ice freezing/unfreezing). New Jersey is alright on road quality despite the low road taxes but they do have a lot of toll roads (NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, etc.)
>>
>>14164427
The roads thaw/freeze multiple times daily here with semi hammering them all day, I probably wouldn't even have roads if those taxes weren't in place.

There is pothole about the size (and depth) of a tire that's been forming over the past week, I hope to see it gone by tomorrow afternoon.
>>
File: 1354998122930.jpg (367KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1354998122930.jpg
367KB, 800x600px
>>14164342
where do you live, in commifornia? 1.60 here in Deep south texas
>>
>>14165149
I live deep in mountainous washington.
>>
>>14164342
1.61 here in SW Tennessee
>>
>>14164342
1.95 here. I top out my car daily on the drive to work
>>
>>14164342
Maryland reporting in. Filled up my s10 maybe 2 days ago for 1.87 a gallon. About time something good happened in this shit ass state.
>>
>>14164375
Going from a 1 liter something Camry to a 5.7 Yukon

Aintevenmad.jpg
>>
>>14165149
>And I find it kind of funny
>I find it kind of sad
>The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
>I find it hard to tell you,
>I find it hard to take
>When people run in circles it's a very, very
>Mad world, mad world
>>
I just drive more now, I still try to drive economically though since I'm broke
>>
File: Libertarian-Comis_013994306611.jpg (311KB, 960x650px) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian-Comis_013994306611.jpg
311KB, 960x650px
>>14164451
>I probably wouldn't even have roads if those taxes weren't in place.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.