[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So mad max yeah? Where do they get new gaskets and carburetor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1445557993859.jpg (329KB, 1023x558px) Image search: [Google]
1445557993859.jpg
329KB, 1023x558px
So mad max yeah?

Where do they get new gaskets and carburetor o-rings and seals?

Where do the new tires come from?

How about the sheilding gas for the welders to weld all the spikes and shit to their cars?

Where's all the motor oil coming from?
>>
You know for a world with limited amounts of gasoline they sure drove around alot in mad max fury road

Also im sure they just salvage alot ofvtheir car parts
>>
>>14163121
I can understand that they drill for new oil/raid old giantfuck stockpiles. The 2nd movie even revolves around an oil pump encampment.

What i just can't stomach is these cars eat up this much fucking punishment with no universal joint failures? No need for engine rebuilds? No need for any type of precision part replacements?
>>
>autism threda
>>
>>14163199
>threda
looks like you're participating then
>>
>>14163161
because they are all 90's toyotas
/endthread
>>
>>14163203
>cannot into interrwebz language

kekedy kekek
>>
>>14163161
They have skilled mechanics and stockpiles of precision parts.
Need a new engine? Murder someone for their ride, have the old one fixed up somewhere that still has tooling.
>>
>>14163115
>>14163121
>>14163161
You guys know there's this thing called Suspension of Disbelief right?
>>
File: 1409823583502.jpg (464KB, 2439x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1409823583502.jpg
464KB, 2439x1530px
Who gives a shit. Drive around and kill people to take their stuff.
>>
>>14163199
>starting a fight just to start one

Big man over here
>>
>>14163115
I don't think they're thinking long term senpai
>>
I fucking hated this movie so much. This is the first time I've seen anyone on /o/ say anything slightly negative about it. I was pretty much done when in the first scene I see people everywhere hanging on exhausts like they're stripper poles...
>>
Because the series would be better with realism?

Max's family gets killed by desert marauders. Has to repair the interceptor and loses their trail. Gives up and does skids in a Maccas parking lot.
>>
>>14163115
You could cut gaskets from trash cardboard, and rubber o-rings could come from old tires.
>>
>>14163222
Yes
And the movie failed to establish it
>>
>>14163115
the older films have vw beetles and motor cycles that seem plausible
that and the interceptor is referred to as the last of the v8s
>>
File: 1409426740097.jpg (100KB, 719x538px) Image search: [Google]
1409426740097.jpg
100KB, 719x538px
>>14164267
>>14163695
This. The Road Warrior explains it perfectly. They're scavengers, living off the carcass of the old world. And not everyone was driving around in v8 cars. A high performance car was rare even before society really fell apart, the fact Max still keeps his and in good shape is part of his near mythical legend. The new movie ruined all of that.
>>
>>14164267
The interceptor is the "Last of the V8s" because the economy has crashed so bad in a world where the USA and the USSR entered open warfare over the Saudi Oil Fields that they've stopped making V8 full sized cars since no one can afford one.
>>14163115
>>14163121
>>14163161
The last three movies have had factions with significant industrial capacity including chemical industry capable of synthesizing rubber.

And there's a fuckload of salvage out there for raw materials, the human population has crashed hard.
>>
>>14164617
Also how much stock is there in every auto parts store in your country? And warehouses If most of us died it could probably keep the remaining population mobile for decades.

Traversing the Midwest seeking out the mystical RockAuto warehouses
>>
>>14164038
No, you just have autism
>>
>>14163115
>Where do they get new gaskets and carburetor o-rings and seals?

Gaskets can be cut out of suitable material blanks (soak some fibreboard in oil). O-rings are slightly trickier, but rubber isn't that hard to make and we can hand wave the rest of them to being found by wasteland scavengers.

>Where do the new tires come from?

Who says they're driving on new tires? You can drive on 40 year old rekt-as-fuck tires, you're just likely to have blowouts. And in Mad Max people eat shit and die all the time so yeah, no need for new tires. Probably plenty of usable leftovers to salvage.

>How about the sheilding gas for the welders to weld all the spikes and shit to their cars?

lol wut? son maybe you should learn about welding before you talk. You don't need shielding gas for a stick welder or a torch, both of which could probably be supported by the level of industry that's going on in Mad Max.

>Where's all the motor oil coming from?

>implying 3k mile oil changes are necessary
>>
The Interceptor had a Windsor V8. What is "maintenance"?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.