[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cruise Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cruise-control-switch-by-merfam.jpg (402KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cruise-control-switch-by-merfam.jpg
402KB, 1024x768px
I've owned/driven quite a few cars and trucks with cruise control. My truck is equipped with cruise control and when you step on the brake or hit cancel it turns off. But has anyone ever noticed when you hit "resume" it almost puts the gas pedal to the floor? I'm not really a fast driver and have always wondered if something the dealer can do on a laptop to slow it down?
>>
>>14162480
>it almost puts the gas pedal to the floor
This is your kickdown engaging and putting your car into a lower gear so you can accelerate. If you want to change this, get a car that allows you to control what gear you're in.
>>
manually give it gas to get back to near the speed you want it to be and then reengage it.

it's just trying to catch up to where it was before.
>>
>>14162517
This is eventually what I end up doing but it seems live every car/truck I drive does this.
>>
>>14162582

Get a manual and you won't be treated like a baby.
>>
>>14162582
it's a control loop. look it up. the current speed (process variable) is not where it's supposed to be (the setpoint). Thus, it will try to adjust the throttle (control variable) to catch up. the further away from the proper speed your car is, the more throttle it gives to catch up faster. pending on your car, when it was made, and the transmission involved, the car may downshift more than one gear in order to catch up quickly, which gives you the feeling of "flooring it".
the solution is you do this every time manually
>>
Cruise control is a analog or computerized thing done at the factory. A dealer wont be able to make adjustments. Drive up to the speed you want yourself then set the cruise if it bothers you so much.
>>
Why wouldn't you want to quickly accelerate to your original speed?
>>
>>14162480
>almost puts the gas pedal to the floor
Are you a senior citizen? CC gets your car up to speed at a decent rate but it isn't all that quick
>>
>Hold + button for more than 5 seconds
Now that's pod racing
>>
>>14162669
that's just a fancy way of mashing the gas pedal
>>
>>14162683
I remember first time it happened to me I got a little spooked. I was used to shit boxes and then I was in a friends mustgay and was playing around with it and -surprise-
>>
>>14162711
i like using the +- because its like playing a videogame
>>
>tfw using radar guided cruise control for the first time
>>
>can't set cruise control at 30 for school zones
>>
>>14162480

Yes you could.

Provided you knew which module to tune, sure.

But I'm also sure R&D departments with all the engineers they've got haven't chosen the CC to return to speed so frantically on a whiff but rather because there's some logic to it.
>>
>>14162909
>can't set cruise control at 30 for school zones
It depends on the vehicle, but I've had rental cars that allow me to set the cruise control as low as 10mph. Most cars (2015 models) will let you do it 25mph as a minimum.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.