[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on MS3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: speed3main.jpg (134KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
speed3main.jpg
134KB, 800x600px
Been wanting one of these for ages. They are quick, and from what i've seen pretty reliable. Quirks of a fast and inexpensive car are cheap interior. JDM has their way with bad ass 4 bangers, so i'm not worried about power.

Anyone have one, or know someone that has one?

I'll be spending no more than 18k

discuss?
>>
>>14161545
Torquesteer
>>
>>14161545
>herewego.jpg
Half of us know they are great cars. The rest blindly hate Mazda.
No one knows why.
>>14161698
This guy is just dumb and has never driven one
>>
>>14161545
ive heard a lot of good about them. theres definitely an upper limit of how much power you can reasonably put on that frame due to FF and what
>>14161698
said

they can be pretty damn quick though

watch out for the spontaneous catastrophic failure that can arise from the high boost DI engine setup though. never ever floor it in 6th
>>
>quick

they're actually pretty slow. i have raced them and was not impressed at any rate

i guess if you drive a miata its relatively quick

also looks like something a grandma would pickup groceries in, only with fuckboy wheels on it
>>
>>14161768

This post is so retarded it gave me diabetes.
>>
>>14161785
>slow as shit turbo 4
>fuckboy ricers defend it

it's like a small minivan
>>
>>14161849
>263 horsepower and 280 pound-feet
>slow
You're clearly trolling and I'm done with you
>>
File: fucking summer.jpg (52KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
fucking summer.jpg
52KB, 600x802px
>>14161859
>3,281 lbs
>263 horsepower

>fast
>>
>>14161698
its not a race car or rally car so it doesnt matter
>>
>>14161880
>stock hp figures

literally nobody owns an unmodified ms3
>>
>>14162020
>muh mawdz bra

nobody owns a stock one? because they're slow. thanks for supporting my point..
>>
Name cars that can beat a stock ms3 for 24k brand new.

protip

you cant
>>
File: autism.png (99KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
99KB, 336x347px
>>14162076
>>
>>14162094
>brand new

woman or faggot?
>>
>>14162094
Focus ST
>>
>>14162148
>heavier
>less HP
Funny how people hate the MS3 but praise a knock off shittier version of it
>>
>>14161545
Its beautiful...
>>
>>14161759
>torque steer
This is how you know when to ignore someone
It's FFs version of snap oversteer
>>
>>14161759
>never ever floor it in 6th
Why?
>>
>>14162154
It handles better and is overall more refined.

Besides, the MS3 is a knock off shittier version of a GTI.

For that matter...the GTI.
>>
>>14162167
Well you can floor it 5th or 6th if you're above 3000rpm.
I'd you're below that it puts a large strain on the engine. The same it would put on any engine.
Stock won't cause problems. Its usually a bad tune that causes issues
>>
>>14161545
>FWD with more than 220hp
Get a WRX hatch if you want a quick 4cyl hatchback.
>>
>>14162183
>It handles better and is overall more refined
Source?
Also the ford is literally a ms3 with a different badge and terrible build quality.
The GTI is absolute dog shit.
>>
>>14162157
Mazda 3 and MS3 both have lift off oversteer. It isn't bad but it can still sneak up on you if you don't expect it. Even going into a corner with no throttle can still provoke oversteer. Quite interesting in a fwd car.

The torque steer isn't too bad stock. Pay attention to the crown of the road and what not. Make sure you're gripping the wheel tight when you shift.
>>
Who in the fuck has 30+k to spend on a gti?
Besides, it looks like a squashed loaf of bread.
And its WAY slower than the ms3

ST? Eh, more expensive and slower, no sense in buying something like a hot hatch if you are worried about amenities like leather and Recaro seats that cost 3 grand.
>>
>>14162183
What? Far better is bullshit and this is coming from the owner of one. They're peppy but not as quick as an MS3. What the fuck are half of you on?

I don't understand this fanboy nonsense. Are you guys adults? Who just blindly likes only one specific brand or model?
>>
>>14162204
Doesn't matter what I link your mind's already made up and you'll be dismissive of whatever is said but http://www.motortrend.com/news/2013-mazdaspeed3-ford-focus-st-subaru-wrx-special-edition/
>>
>>14162167
LSPI

can happen if you redline it in first when its cold as well

meth kits can help with this sort of thing, as i understand it
>>
>>14162237
I had an ST too, but I sold it when it became boring. It was that, a MS3 or a GTI. Went with the Focus because it was new and flashy. The MS3 had a shit interior and the GTI was comparatively expensive.

It was a good car, but it wasn't for me.
>>
File: 20150323_182532.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150323_182532.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14161545

I've owned mine for a couple of years now. I drive a ton for work and the only thing that's shit out on me was the alternator at around 100k.

It's a fun car to drive around town and has decent power. You're not going to beat anybody off of the line with fwd, but that's not really what this car is about. I've done all of the boltons and I tuned it for e85 as well. There are a few cheap things that can really help the feel of the car (Motor mounts and a good tune mainly) and I never really had an issue with torque steer, but people really seem to cry about this a lot.

tl;dr
Torque steer really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Mine has been reliable. If you get one get at least a rear motor mount and a decent tune, it's a night and day difference.
>>
>>14162267
>MS3 had a shit interior
>got a ford with worse interior instead
>>
>>14162278
I just bought a 2010 a week ago, loving it so far. Have you upgraded your fuel pump internals? My car was tuned by stratified and has an intake and a catch can, but no fuel pump upgrade. I have read some conflicting information on whether I need the pump at this mod level.
>>
File: DSC_0013 resize.jpg (542KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0013 resize.jpg
542KB, 1728x1152px
>>14162294
Yes I have.

The rule of thumb is to upgrade your hpfp internals before you do anything with the exhaust. I'm assuming you have a JBR intake and you're just using the Stratified OTS. If I were you, Autotech internals, a downpipe, and a real tune would be my next steps. The downpipe makes a pretty decent difference and the car sounds a lot better afterwards too.
>>
>>14162284
It's a matter of opinion.
>>
>>14162315
The PO actually got it custom tuned by stratified, not the OTS. And the intake is a Cobb SRI. The fuel pressure varies, but is always above 1600 at WOT, which I believe is fine for what I currently have. Thanks for your advice!
>>
>>14162336
Yep, if you're above 1600 at WOT you're fine, but when you start flowing more when you upgrade the downpipe you'll see that start moving around a bit more. Just keep an eye on it, if you're not planning on doing any more modding from here, you'll be fine with the stockers.
>>
>>14162267
I went with a 135i. The VW is my wife's daily. My only experience with the ST was driving the first one at the dealer. It was all over the place. The vehicle had to learn to manage the torque steer. Once it figured it all out it drove straight. Really weird experience to drive it while the computer was learning.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>>14162351
Sweet. Thanks again!
>>
>>14162294
Are you the anon that was asking about cheap sports cars last week?
>>
>>14162378
That blue is sex, unf
>>
>>14162383
No but that thread helped me make a decision. I posted asking if 11,500 was a good deal for this car, not sure if it was that thread.
>>14162386
I know, I fucking love it.
>>
>>14162378
ayy lmao
>>
OP HERE

No st, slower and more expsensive

No GTI, much slower, much more expensive. I don't care about luxury

No WRX, mod intensive (since I do mods myself) and very expensive

MS3 Is what im interested in

Im looking for mod suggestions, issues I may have to overcome, ect

Not here to compare dick sizes about your favorite care that you don't own
>>
>>14162457
http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/the-modification-path-in-a-mazdaspeed-vehicle/
>>
>>14162219
I was surprised as hell when I managed to oversteer my Mazda 3. Last thing I expected to happen in a FF desu
>>
>>14162457
Totally have a bias but it's all true

135i small car like the ones you like, rwd, faster, the n54 used in the 08-10 models is mod friendly and already makes more than 300 horsepower. Mine was cheaper than an ST at least.

Also, the 135i is like 9/10 of the performance of the 1m for a fraction of the price.

http://www.topgear.com/videos/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-drives-bmw-1m-part-12-series-17-episode-1
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.