[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dun goofd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: e90bumperfucked.jpg (113KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
e90bumperfucked.jpg
113KB, 960x960px
Hey guys

I was backing out of a narrow driveway in the dark, flirting with this new girl I'm seeing, and when I swung out into traffic I clipped a tree with my front bumper because I'm a huge fag.

It felt like I barely scraped it, but the bumper basically shattered into a million pieces.

Trying to decide whether to use my insurance or pay out of pocket and upgrade to MTech or something. Waiting to hear back from my adjuster to find out if my rates will change or not.

Did you guys do anything stupid this week?
>>
>>14157865
>BMW
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>14157899

>he doesn't like the only modern sedan with nice and heavy hydraulic steering and a good 6MT

suit yourself.

>inb5 reliability

i don't give a fuck i have six years of warranty.
>>
That's what you deserve NORMIE! NOW GET OUT!!!!
>>
>>14158175
Shut the fuck up.
>>
as long as it's just the bumper and nothing else, you can quite likely get it replaced for roughly what your deductible would cost, if not less.
>>
>>14158212

It is just the bumper. I've been checking out e90post about similar repairs and people have been quoted anywhere from $500 to $2000.

The bumper itself costs about $500CAD online, but it's all from US retailers so shipping and customs and stuff bump it up a bit.

My deductible is $500 and I'll get a rental car, but if my rates are gonna get jacked up for years then it might make more sense to just pay $1k out of pocket.
>>
>>14158220
500$unpainted maybe
>>
>>14158228

Oh yeah, definitely unpainted. I'd have to get it sprayed. Any idea how much that costs?
>>
>>14158230
Depends on the paint, if you're going to be using colour coded bmw paint it could cost 500-700
>>
>>14158238

my autism would definitely require color coded factory paint. damn that's pretty steep.
>>
>>14157865
You could check Craigslist for a car in your color.. my friend with an e36 bought one that way pretty cheap and it wasn't too much of a hassle getting it on
>>
>>14157865
>be 5 minutes ago
>driving home
>at red light
>no one around me
>not on a hill or anything
>light turns green
>i stall
>first time stalling car in the 2 months iv owned it
Why did i do this /o/
>>
>>14158266
Shit happens. Gotta learn to take it as it comes.
>>
>>14158266

nothing is broken, it basically never happened. don't sweat it anon.
>>
>>14158277
>>14158291
I'v stalled a bunch in past cars i'v owned. I'm mad because now i can't truthfully say i'v never stalled my new car.
>>
>>14158321
you are a fucking idiot
>>
>>14158321

do people often ask you that?
do you find it difficult to tell white lies?
does it really matter?

everyone stalls sometimes. you're not paying attention and you pop the clutch, whatever.
>>
File: 1423219730862.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1423219730862.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
>>14157865

>backing out in building's parking lot in my mum's car
>forgot she parked too close from the tree last time
>scrraaaaaaape
>mfw
>>
File: fitfeels.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
fitfeels.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
>>14158334

OP here
>>
>>14157865
>backing out while talking to me mum.
>driveway long af but I know how to back out
>backing...backing...krakktttttt
>mfw the car backend on top of a fucking tree stump
>try to drive forward, the whole back bumper rips off pfft.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 266x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 266x358px
>Driving real fast down a winding hill
> see stupid van
>overtake
>hit tight corner way too fucking fast
>panic tap breaks
>hello spin out
>do a complete 360 and do not moonwalk away
>crash into curb
>van drives by driver laughs
>feelsbad.gif
>completely fuck my rear driver side suspension
>drive home in shame
>shame
>>
>>14157865
>Not an M3

dropped
>>
>>14158496
>>14158539

i am feeling better thank you anons

>>14158587

one day m8, gotta be responsible.
>>
Maybe you can get a guy to fiberglass it.
>>
Got a quote from the dealer just for the bumper, unpainted. $952 + tax

Might just get the body shop to get a knockoff MTech instead.
>>
>>14158909
>dealer
They're just gonna want to probe your asshole and you pay them for it
>>
>>14158916

Yeah more or less. I just want to get as much info as possible before I make a decision, and everywhere else was closed today.
>>
>detripping for this

we all know its you googlecarfag

your sportwagon is the only one in america that has those hideous wheels
>>
>>14158909
Why ask the bodyshop to get it? They're going to quote you the same price for the bumper and then go out and buy a bumper from an aftermarket supplier. You won't know the difference. Just order a bumper from an online vendor, capa certified if you want it to be somewhat decent. Bring in the vehicle and ask the painter to find the closest paint variation he has off the bank and paint it off the car. It will save you a lot of money
>>
> That feel when i drive an older car
> bumper is chrome
> can go to a junkyard and buy a bumper for like $40
> feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
See if you can find a wrecked one and pull a bumper off. I'm pretty sure that all the bumpers on the 3 series are the same (do some research) so youll pay way less than what's a new one costs and will just have to pay for a respray. Would probably cost you what your deductible would be.
>>
File: mye90_4.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
mye90_4.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>14161481

i'm not that guy. i have an e90, not an e91.

wheels are breddy ugly though.

>>14161505

That's a good point.

>>14161604

There was a refresh at some point in the E90/92 series, I'm not sure which year but I know the bumpers are different.
>>
File: 1316618215671.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1316618215671.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>Just put on winter tires
>Driving on an ugly road
>Pothole ahead on the left, swerve a bit to avoid it
>Don't notice there's another pothole on the right covered with snow
>Back tire thuds hard
>Don't notice any change in driving
>Get home and check tire, see that the inner side of rim is bent
>No real damage

ok
>>
>>14158250
Good you fucking retard I hope you fix your trash car that you crashed like a dumbass and then crash it again because you're a fucking faggot that got a 7 year loan on a car
>>
roll a duct tape and some bondo
>>
>>14161604
this.
someone clipped my bumper and mirror but i only replaced the mirror.
to make a claim through my insurance was 360 while a new mirror was 135 off ebay.
>>
>>14161763
2009 was refresh for E90, 2011 for E92
>>
This is why I don't understand insurance. You pay insurance so if anything happens to the car, such as hitting a fucking tree, the insurance will pay for it. But apparently if you make a claim you're rates go up because you hit a tree but you would think that you're paying money to pay for shit like this yet people are paying money OUT OF POCKET to cover the cost so their insurance won't jack their rate.
>>
>>14157865
>have the 5 series
>was visiting a friend on a stormy day and he said i could park in his garage
>backing in
>garage dark as fuck since back wall is painted
>judging distance by tail lights
>suddenly hit something lightly
>still not too close to the wall
>"what could it be?"
>get out and look
>"oh shit anon i forgot i parked my bike here when i spray painted it black yesterday
>now have slightly cracked rear bumper and black paint marks on blue car

a black wall with a bike spray painted black in front of it in a dark room was just asking for trouble.
>>
>>14162748
People rely on insurance for major things. I totaled my car last year and they paid out double what I paid for it which took me by surprise considering they knew the value on it was low.
>>
>>14157865
>non m sport
>non coupe
>16" alloys
Don't care.
>>
>>14157865
just get a aftermarket bumper thats not rice.

>>14158266
bruh like that even matters

i stall shit all the time cause im a tech and drive so many different cars with different clutches. its amazing hard to go from driving a customers 800hp chevelle to driving the shop shitty diesel truck to getting into my single mass m3
>>
File: typicalcoupeowner.jpg (64KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
typicalcoupeowner.jpg
64KB, 634x376px
>>14162679

>Being this butthurt that you can't afford a five year old BMW and I can

m8 I put down $5k and got a 4yr term at 1.9%. Car has 20k miles. Great deal.

>>14162738

Ahh thanks, I knew it was around there somewhere.

>>14162748

I'm leaning towards paying out of pocket for this one, even if my rates won't go up. If I can purchase accident forgiveness and keep it in my back pocket for when I really fuck up bad, it'll be worth dropping $1k or whatever on fixing the bumper.

>>14163037

Yeah, I had to make some sacrifices to get a 6MT which was the most important factor for me. I'm going to go to 18" wheels, but coupes are for children and fags. The sedan looks much better.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.