[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 10

File: hillclimb.jpg (313KB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
hillclimb.jpg
313KB, 1280x906px
What is the car culture like where you are from?

UK here:

we have a mixture of young guys in euro hatches who tint the windows, throw some bbs wheels on and park outside McDonalds.

we also have old men in tweed clothing driving lightweight old sports cars up hills.

and in London everyone has a wrapped supercar.
>>
>>14157002
I live in Maryland and the car culture is crazy varied.

My boss drives a GT3 RS, coworker has a Boss 302, GTR, C5 FRC, and a Ford Lightning, I regularly see Maseratis, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, crazy Mercs, and all sorts of shit. Exotics are common here. But Maryland is a shit wad of a state and can burn in hell with all the fur fags and Muslims.
>>
Germany here.

Young lower class folk buy old VWs and Opels and put fartcans and huge subwoofers in them and hoon them around town at night or park in front of McDonalds.

Some people obsess over Autobahn rockets, the most recklessly speeding, tailgating cars on the Autobahn will without an exception be souped up BMWs and Audi station wagons.

Amateur racing mostly consists of clubslalom (autocross) in parking lots and motocross on dedicated dirt tracks.

Apparently there's a tarmac hill climb scene in southern Germany where there are more mountainous roads.

Sadly we don't have much of a track racing culture, especially not compared to the UK because they had tons of useless airfields they could repurpose after WW2, ours were all bombed to shit and it's insanely hard to get approval for new tracks because of environmental regulations and noise ordinances and so on.
>>
>>14157002
What kind of car is that in OPs pic?
Also, to answer your question, car culture around me is boomers going to car shows and cruise ins, three drag strip within an hour of me, several saturday night dirt tracks, every county fair has a mud bog, truck drag, demolition derby, a couple ORV parks and I also live an hour from the Indianapolis motor speedway and all the automotive and racing businesses surrounding it.
>>
>>14157072
it's a lotus elite s1
>>
File: 330px-GM_proving_grounds.jpg (10KB, 330x153px) Image search: [Google]
330px-GM_proving_grounds.jpg
10KB, 330x153px
>>14157002
Michigan:
Pretty good I guess, I get to see alot of new cars and prototypes and I've spent quite a bit of time at GM's Milford proving ground. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>14157089
Thank you.
>>
>>14157072
Pretty much this except somewhat diluted because further from the speedways in Ohio. Got one dirt track in town and one raceway down the National Road a piece. Plenty of guys in turbo diesel pickups who used to beat my 5-speed gasser on all-terrains at the stoplights but now get BTFO by my foxbody
>>
Dutchfag here.

20-30 year old Lower class/ people that started working right out of school hang out in industrial areas or McDonald parking lot with their shitty hatchbacks.

For some reason the early 2000's rice is still a thing here, and unfortunately, Volkswagen ''Rat Rods'' are also a thing. because it is soooo original guys...
People who started a study right after school don't need a car and can't afford them, so there is no real younger crowd of car people.

There is definately a bigger crowd for cars that have been kept stock, especially older cars.

Then theres me, who thought doing a full time study while at the same time owning a 80's Celica was a good idea. at least I don't really have to depend on it.
>>
>>14157002
Romania here

You have absolutely shitty gipsy ricers with stolen e39s from the UK who listen loud af gipsy music,they'll also beat you if you slightly annoy them on the road

You have the poorer gypsies with old astras and dacias who do the same

You have the average romanian which cannot comprehed the concept of NON-GERMAN car,for them any shitty volkswagen is better than any other car (these are also ricers at heart,but have no momey)

you have the "i have a half tuned e30" people who think they can drag and shit (drag races are pathetic here,10-11 sec times are alien)

you have the rich and old who brag at carshows with their 30's kadetts,mgbs and spitfires (very rare)
>>
Phoenix fag here. Shit loads of boomers with rods, spics with shitty hondas or crazy sleeper Chevy trucks, and white fags with brodozers, or prerunner trucks for desert romps.
>>
Spain here,

Lots of twisty mountain roads and amateur rallying here, so los of Saxo/106/Ax/E30 and similar wannabe racers. Then you have the richer kids with sciroccos, newer bmws and mercs and guys with loud sound systems, and tinted windows on their e36s, seats, etc
>>
>>14157334
I'm jealous of the US for their easy access to old cars. When cars get old in the US they just get parked somewhere on a junkyard until someone wants to drive them again. In Europe we simply have no fucking space to store millions of old cars so most will get crushed eventually making classic cars much rarer.
>>
>>14157362
Or they get exported to Soviet shitholes or Africa once they're at the end of their European road lifespan.
>>
Australia here, we have none.

Young and old, female or male, black or white...if you try and enjoy cars here and set up a meet, this will happen to you eventually.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/248607/qld-police-target-car-enthusiasts/

Read the article if you want to rage, but a quick tl:dr

>Organisers set rules on the event for no skids, nothing illegal, just to enjoy their cars
>Kids are invited and a guy from the holden dealership brings a brand new HSV to show the kids
>Stock car immediatly gets defected and held for 30 minutes by the coppers who set up a speed trap and defect trap outside to harrass people
>Also harrass all the rich people who brought their lambos and ferraris to show the kids and have a nice day
>Little girl goes missing on the grounds
>Cops are asked to help search for her
>Cops refuse and continue to defect cunts
>Little girl is found safely by the car enthusiasts
>Cops continue to be assholes to everyone trying to have a nice day

And this was a family friendly outing.
Try and drive ANYTHING nice or anything modified on your own here and prepare to get targeted.

The meme that they just pick on p platers is false. The cops are given orders from above to be cunts. The politicians are the ones to blame.
>>
>>14157362
>implying old European cars don't just rust away to nothing because of sub standard building materials like "muh British steel".
>>
Donegal, Ireland:
Volkswagens.
Passat, Bora or Golfs. Lowered, fart can exhaust. Maybe purple headlights if theyre fancy.
>>
>west indies
80% jdm shit and older japanese cars
10% newer euro cars
5% old euro, british and australian cars
some exotics
>>
File: 5414821840_a42d8cbd6d_o.jpg (920KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
5414821840_a42d8cbd6d_o.jpg
920KB, 3872x2592px
>>14157372
Twin-cams still a thing?
>>
>>14157371
>implying this doesn't happen everywhere except for the desert that is the southwestern US
The difference being that Europe doesn't have a desert.
>>
>>14157367
Think that's bad?

>Bikies decide to do something nice for the community and show off their bikes, organise a BBQ and raise money for charity
>No crime whatsoever, since they're not stupid enough to do any sort of that shit in the public eye
>Just a fun family friendly day...

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3415096/police-strike-force-targets-fourth-reichs-albion-park-show/

>"one guy in his car was given a fine in the queue at the gate to get in when he took off his seatbelt to get his wallet out of his back pocket FFS!”

While police harrass the living crap out of people who are just there to see the motorcycles and are not even bikies.

Fucking disrespectful cunts, we pay their god damn wages and they're pulling stunts like this?

If they want to be treated with respect, not contempt like the australian public currently has for cops, they should start showing us some common fucking decency and not nitpick shit.
>>
>>14157398
It's funny because they claim it's a crackdown on the bikies...so why the fuck did they target the parents who were bringing their kids to this charity event?

Those parents were completely unaffiliated with the bikies, they just wanted their kids to see some cool bikes and go to a local BBQ which was a FUCKING CHARITY EVENT.
>>
>>14157371
So does everything in the salt belt, you don't see cars older than 10 years around here, they've all rotted out already.
>>
Texas:

>trucks
>decent amount of supercars in my area (rich neighborhood)
>trucks
>stancefags are fairly rare, see like 2 a month
>trucks
>moms who buy the BRZ and think they are sporty
>trucks
>too many Corvettes to count
>trucks
>I'm not even kidding fucking everyone has a Vette
>trucks
>more Vettes, why the fuck are they so popular
>trucks
>the Model S is really popular too, not sure why
>trucks
>BMW, Audi, Mercedes galore
>trucks
>if Mercedes sold a truck in Texas everyone and their mother would drive it
>trucks
>fucking crossovers
>trucks
>trucks
>trucks
>moms who buy a non ///M BMW and think they are sporty
>trucks
>did I mention there were trucks
Tl;dr

The only "enthusiasts" you find in central Texas are old guys with Vettes, and occasionally something else. There are way too many Vettes in Texas.

Everyone thinks BMW is literally a god company and the 328i is better than the Honda Civic in every way because its German Engineering.

Same as above but for Mercedes.

If you drive on Sunday its mostly richfags in their Ferraris (fuck Ferraris, I see more Ferraris than Lambos, McLarens, Koenigsegg, and everything else combined. Do the drivers know they are being ass raped just for a status symbol?)

Moms who buy shit cars and think they are racecars, I have literally raced a fucking mom with her kids in the back on the highway.

If moms don't buy "sporty" cars, they buy the Model S or a Mercedes/Lexus/BMW crossover.

Not many stancefags at all.

And finally, Trucks. WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE SO MANY TRUCKS. WHY ARE WHITE MEN WHO WORK IN AN OFFICE AS A FUCKING STOCK BROKER BUYING AN F-750 SUPERDUTY. WHY DO KIDS GET SILVERADOS AS THEIR FIRST CAR, ITS SO FUCKING CRINGY AND DOUCHEY. PLEASE TEXAS, STOP WITH THE DAMN TRUCKS.
>>
>>14157002
mallorca
rallye racing is common, mostly with 930/964s
shitboxes (saxos) and e36/e46 are common rally cars too
0 stance, and i'm happy for that
>>
>>14157492
also, there are twingos
>>
>>14157485
>Mexican corolla driver detected
>>
>>14157510
Nope. A drive a Vette.
>>
>>14157485
Sounds like DFW, southlake perhaps?
>>
>>14157510
But all the Mexicans drive trucks
>>
>>14157526
Not quite. Austin, more specifically, Westlake.
>>
>>14157485
>328i better than a civic in every way
That's because they are, you dummy
>>
>>14157555
>inb4 318i vs Type R on some random obscure track comparison
>>
Oklahoma.

>lots of riced out brotrucks with weird colored headlights and light bars everywhere when the most offroading the truck will ever do will be park on the grass at the mall
>shitboxes with fartcans
>lots of newer and "clean" stanced cars in the poor Mexican side of town (how do they afford them?).
>lots of wrx's
>most people who are "into cars" will openly admit the only thing they care about is how a car looks and sounds
>>
A few stancefags and boomermobiles.
>>
>>14157565
I drive a 328i and let me assure you they are in literally every way better than any civic
>>
>>14157599
I know, I was agreeing with you. I'm saying that the civic fags always will post images comparing RWD cars to Type Rs on some random track where the Type R is like 0.02 seconds faster.
>>
File: Collage 2016-01-02 10_59_00~2.jpg (602KB, 1440x1923px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2016-01-02 10_59_00~2.jpg
602KB, 1440x1923px
>>14157565
>>14157599
>>14157614
>>14157555

>like 0.02 seconds faster
I beg to differ
>>
File: low quality bait.png (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.png
181KB, 600x600px
>>14157648
But if you're comparing the sport model of the civic you should be comparing it to the M3, not the 328i which is just a regular commuter car.
If you want to use the 328i you should just be comparing it to a Civic DX or something.
Also that image is horseshit, it doesn't have the year or chassis code of any of those. I doubt those are pictures of the actual cars that they raced. Also [Citation Needed]
2/10 for making me reply
>>
Rural UK

Boy racers with loud exhausts and stickers. These are the guys people think know about cars, but they don't, more often than not. The number that write off their cars trying to do 70mph+ down lanes is frightening.

4x4s and Land Rovers, offroading scene is massive, used to do a bit of it myself. Farmers and farmers sons big into this, normally repair most things themselves.

Amateur autocross on grass, most of them competing at club rallies too, myself included in the 1400 class, only navigational recently.

Track scene I'm not too familiar with, no tarmac circuits round here.
>>
>>14157492
That sounds awesome. UK here, OP is pretty much right. Except during the summer when london is flooded with arabs driving up and down regent street in their veyrons.
>>
>>14157690
I'm not that guy, but those are obviously just random pictures added to graphic. Also, I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the M3 to the R, considering that the M3 probably costs an extra $20k.
>>
>>14157702
Also rural UK here. Where in the country are you? Don't see that many of the kind of boyracers you mention up in my neck of the woods.

You get an interesting variety of vehicles out here: unusually large numbers of sports cars, for a start (we have the roads for them), plus lots of equestrian and farm traffic, middle-aged women in 4x4s and crossovers pretending to be farm traffic, and the stereotypical old men in Jaguars and Range Rovers.

It's not a bad place to be at all, really.
>>
>>14157946

>Not a bad place to be

>Dippy batshit old ladies who will park her nissan sunny in the middle of a village junction
>Roads not built for cars let alone two lanes of them
>old people in cars
>mud on the roads 2/3's of the year
>farm traffic, tractors et al.

Norfolk if you're wondering. I'd rather be anywhere than here.
>>
>>14157897
>Money having anything to do with it
BMW isn't built like shit, of course it's going to cost more.

You can't fucking compare a sports car to a luxury sedan are you out of your fucking mind?
>>
>>14157977
That doesn't sound so hot. My part of Shropshire has the benefit of decent 2-lane roads, and aside from the odd Range Rover that refuses to get the fuck out of the middle of the road, the drivers aren't notably bad. Plus there's virtually no law enforcement and some truly fantastic corners.

I guess not all countryside is equal, huh.
>>
I hear the Mediterranean is a good place where cops are lax.

Can any euroanons attest to this?
>>
>>14157988
Is a 328i a luxury sedan? Anyways, the fastest M3 time I see for the Nurburgring is a 7:48. Civic doesn't seem that bad for a shitty FF Jap car.
>>
Bay Area:

Asians, Indians, and douchbag white kids driving brand new base model Bimmers and Benzs.
Around 11 or so the boomers take their smogmobile out for a joyride then tuck it back in their garage.
Stancefag civics and the like are a plenty.

Now the good stuff:
Modified car scene is pretty prevalent when you head toward the more urbanized areas, some dope S2k's and such.
Performance cars are a daily sight; Abarth's, GT3's, M4's and the like are common as all fuck.
Unfortunately our smog laws suck donkey cock~
>>
Maine, USA

>trucks
>ze german clique
>super nice classics
>subaru forester/outback
>>
>>14158000
Yeah but it is the Type R. I am 100% positive nobody here who circlejerks about the Type R actually owns one and it just using it to justify their shitty FF purchase.
>>
>>14157690
Those are the actual lap times, I just shoddily put them into one image on my phone for >>14157565
>>
>>14158028
I never implied that they weren't. I only told you that that was a shitty comparison and was like comparing a fucking 911 to an impala. They are completely unrelated cars.
>>
>>14158019
I'd be hard-pressed to drop $45k on a Civic (yeah, yeah, Type R). I wonder who buys them. There must be a market, though there must always be the thought in the back of someone's mind that they just spent $45k on a Civic.
>>
>>14157897
Yeah, the pictures are just Google image results for 328i and Civic Type-R.

>>14157988
I was specifically comparing the 328i (which is not a luxury sedan), the M3 was not a part of my argument to >>14157555

>>14157897
and yes it is true that it costs much more.
>>
>>14158047
b-but muh EK hatch is a sports car
FR is a m-meme
>>
France

diesel shitboxes. Only that shit. Gas is fucking expensive anyway

people actually think vw is luxury. They also fucking love french cars wich are shit built and of poor reliability (let's leave 90's french cars where they are, cause the were supa good).
also
>everything above 2l is a fuckhuge engine
>everything above 130 cv is considered sporty
>>
>>14158040
I know. They shouldn't be usually compared, but this was for
>>14157555
And
>>14157565
>>
>>14158056
Yeah but by using the Type R in that picture we're differing from the original topic. It was a comparison of a 328i to a Civic commuter car, not a Type R. In >>14157565 I was joking because in all those FF vs FR shitfests people always post an image comparing an FR-S to a Type R and rave about it is 0.6 seconds faster around some track I've never heard of, and use that to prove that FF is better than FR, without any regard to the fast that the Type R is almost twice the cost of an FR-S.
>>
File: 1451694585510.gif (2MB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1451694585510.gif
2MB, 500x438px
Houston

Horrible. Stancefags and ricers who play with their vapes while going 90 mph weaving in and out of heavy traffic, Mexican manlets driving lifted brotrucks with trashy murals on the back of them, New Orleans niggers with donks, and "I went fishing once, therefore I'm an outdoorsman/redneck pride" type folks also driving lifted brotrucks or Jeeps who like to ride your ass in the right lane with their LED lightbars or high-beams on.

North Carolina (where I'm from), was a lot more tame. More chill, more actual outdoorsmen, lots of Subarus, and effimate metrosexual hipsters who moved there after finishing their liberal arts degree because "nature, maannn".

Honestly, I'd rather deal with stoners and hipsters than angry manlet Mexicans and stancefags who can't drive worth shit.
>>
>>14158053
They are
>>
File: 21_BGFt_117.jpg (328KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
21_BGFt_117.jpg
328KB, 672x448px
>>14158082
Prove to me that pic related is a sports car.
No, you can't use a Type R. No, you can't post some heavily modified one, because just because you make a slow car fast, that doesn't make it a sports car.

It may be a "sporty" economy box, but it's not a sports car.
>>
>>14157367
>>14157398
thats some next gen ned kelly type shit
>>
>>14158123
What makes it not a sports car
Why are your obsessed with labels
Fucking millenials
>>
>>14158154
>avoiding the question
>>
>>14158172
Huh
>>
>>14157002
I live in rural Wales and most people pretend to rally or actually do go rallying and because the cars have to be road legal for the rallying around they just drive them around.
I went down to the start of a rally event recently and there were 15-20 MKII escorts lots of french hatches and some random more upmarket cars
>>
>>14158172
what
>>
either farm boys jacked up trucks that consist of base model f-150s or their dad's hand me down 1500silverado/sierras or clapped-out shitboxes (notably 1.8 jettas and golfs) with hid's and fake BBS'. all of which hangout at tim hortons sporting "no-club" banner stickers
>>
>>14158123
Even the non-si/type r models have awesome suspensions that eat corners
>>
>>14158123
Then what is your definition of a sports car?
>>
>>14158172
And you avoided his question. How ironic
>>
Germfag

Autobahn is dominated by buisness men in BMW5 Audi A6 with Diesel engines.
True gearheads are slowly dying because the modern cars are getting too complex.
Hardly any US cars.
SUVs are famous as fuck, because moms feel well protected when they drive their kids to school.
>>
>>14157398
>>14157425
Scores of visitors to a Fourth Reich Motorcycle Club bike show at Albion Park
>visitors to a Fourth Reich Motorcycle Club bike show at Albion
>a Fourth Reich Motorcycle Club bike
>Fourth Reich

The fuck did you think was going to happen?
>>
Vancouver in Canadialand

>big lifted trucks for the cucks
>"ooh look at me" flashy supercars for spoiled young chinese fuckboys and girls
>Ricers, ricers everywhere. Please stop asking why i haven't hellaflushed my car you hellafaggot
>the typical valley folk with the "oh lets go for a rip in my off road 3rd gen 4runner eh bud?"

and most promisingly

>public transit

cause shit's getting expensive
>>
>>14158644

forgot to add

>flashy gangsters from surrey driving either a) an ek civic or a tinted out 300c
>classic car/muscle car guys who love making a lot of noise to compensate for their tiny dicks
>>
North-east New Jersey
literally ricer heaven
The Dominicans drive nothing but slammed(without bags obviously) civics and integras, fart-cans and all.YOU CAN ALSO BET THEY WILL SHITTALK YOUR CAR EVEN THOUGH THEY STRUGGLE TO LEAVE THE PARKING LOG. The extremely few Dominicans and PRs that don't live in inner city and have money usually drive 1/4 mile civic rockets.
Every so often I see an S-chassis or miata and the owners very between stance retard and likable owner.
>>
Poortugal here.

Literally the entire car scene here is riced out peugeots and volkswagens with ugly wheels and smoked out headlights. That's it.
>>
>>14158469
so does a ford escort zx2
>>
>>14157485
Interesting, sounds like here in WV.

Not many sporty cars here because winter.

Car culture consists of
>trucks. Step right up, get every category of truck right here. Lifted diesels with nigger wheels, we have them. Lifted gassers with straight pipes and camo accents, we have them. Clapped out old turds that are completely rusted out, we have those too.
Then you have
>pos clapped out 20 year old cars owned by the poor white trash
>crossovers and suv's everywhere because everyone needs awd but doesn't want a truck
>V6 mustangs, camaros and challengers
>>
File: 1451724252047.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451724252047.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
Australia

The game is not to get defected and everybody drives shit cars. However, a lot of people have really nice cars they dont drive. ive seen guys driving Mazda 121's with long hair, a stained shirt, 3 kids and a goatee and owns a fully restored HQ Monaro

Younger guys drive what they can afford and work up to something under 10 years old. Half of anybody you talk to is into cars as its a widespread hobby but since the cops are fucking cunts the other half of people who aren't car enthusiast brands you as a hoon. If it weren't for cops ass raping enthusiasts and were relaxed with laws, Australia can have a car culture renaissance in the future without doubt
>>
>>14158123
>Prove to me that pic related is a sports car.

they are widely used in motorsports.
>>
>>14157648
>it's faster on track so it's better
>>
>>14157043
I live in Maryland as well, I would say you've seen the best of it. In my area everyone takes shitboxes to a car wash by a local target. Theres also some "racing" on highways up north, but thats mainly the same 5 or 6 people because upwards of 300hp is virtually unheard of at the meets ive attended. Also everyone is a walking stereotype of car culture.
>>
Poland, 50k inhabitant city.
Lots of beat up, rusty e36s with fartcans. VWs are considered good. The only US cars ever are Fords. There are more and more soccermoms in SUVs. Passat drivers are literally cancer. Diesel engines in 'sporty' cars (Passats and Golfs mostly). LPG costs half the petrol price. German cars are good, JDM cars are expensive to fix because of pricey parts.
>>
Alberta here. Bunch of redneck fucks with lifted trucks and zero situational awareness.
>>
>>14160141
Lol Parole town center?
>>
>>14157002
nyc
basically the one that costs the most shekels wins
>>
>>14160282
Nah, Glen Burnie.
>>
Kiwiland, Auckland to be specific
> Asians all driving BMWs and Mercedes
> Teenagers in VW Golfs and Civics
> Young men in rice burners, S13s, R33s, Evos, Scoobies
> Hellafags are pretty rare but you do see them going WOT from time to time
> Squid got iced at my old Highschool on the last day after pulling some retarded shit trying to get out of the local McDonalds
> Pretty sure my mate bought a white Miata from an /o/tist
As far as racing goes, there are a couple places that have track days. Street racing is rare, you'll have a large outing once a year where everyone boosts it down the motorway.
>>
>>14158644
>ricers everywhere

In Surrey yeah but in the city itself there is a lot of nicely modified cars.
>>
Washington:
In and around Seattle/King Co.
>Hybrids, man.
>Teslas, man.
>Solar-freakin-roadways, man.

Outside of Seattle/King Co.
>Trucks, bro.
>Rollin' coal, bro.
>Fat chicks can't jump, bro.

Ricers are scattered throughout the whole state.
>>
File: S15 002.jpg (166KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
S15 002.jpg
166KB, 1365x767px
>>14160501
As much as I hate to agree with you, I agree with you. They are a sight to behold after endless junk toyotas and hondas revving up like bees.

This city is a haven for stancefags too that's the most prominent clique at least in vancouver
>>
Silicon Valley
>teslas as far as the eye can see
>>
California:
>just
>everything

If your in norcal you see more teslas if your in LA you'll occasionally see a Lamborghini or other sports car wiz by on the freeway

Honestly every demographic is here
>boomers at cars and coffee
>stancefags at autozone
>ricers in the walmart parking lot
>rich people in exotics and rare classics
>liberals in dirty sad prius's with "coexist" stickers
>Brotrucks
>stoner vans
>BITD and SCORE fags

I live in a area of San Diego where NEARLY EVERYONE drives a mercedes, audi, or bmw (including me)

If you ever wonder why theres so many CA wat meets its because this state is huge
>>
>>14157367
It's not like this everywhere in Australia though.

There are currently two different car meets in my area in QLD (not bris) which are held monthly/bi-monthly.

Organisers take everyone's rego down and if anyone decides to be a stupid cunt, they notify the police immediately.

They aren't huge meets like Downshift, but see regular turnouts and for the most part we don't get hassled by the cops.
>>
>>14159792
My mate drove through a RBT on new years day and they had the fucking transport department there defecting everything and anything.

He got defected for having no mud flaps on his work ute.
>>
>>14163324
They can defect you for literally anything, so to me theres no point in trying to be perfect because it all boils down to what mood the cop is in
>>
>>14163383
My mate was about to get defected for having window tint that was too dark. They told him he'd have to have it removed or the car would need to be towed home.
He ripped it off on the spot, leaving adheasive smears all over the windows, reducing visibility considerably. They let him drive it home afterwards.
>>
>>14160156

>German cars are good, JDM cars are expensive to fix because of pricey parts.

What's the "classic" type of car in Poland? Shitty commie Ladas?
>>
File: 1.jpg (255KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
255KB, 1600x1067px
>>14163450
By classic you mean cars that you can see most often on the roads? Passats and golfs.
If you actually looking for a classic then pic related.

Also, that guy is almost 100% right. Like i mentioned, it's mostly german cars like passats and golfs. Older BMWs are mostly driven by kids and newer models are favored by upstarts. All of them are douches. There are also a few audis, hyundais, seats and skodas there and there.

You could also find a few japanese cars, but it's mostly civics. Everything else, from prelude to mx-5 and subarus is considered exotic and a very rare sight.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.