[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Rate my 1st cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (1014KB, 1004x1309px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1014KB, 1004x1309px
Aight, so these are my first two cars that I've owned, both of which I still have.
Subaru Impreza SportWagon and Mk2 Golf GTI, which I restored with my dad as a project, and was my first car.
What does /o/ think?
>inb4 "Why didn't you buy a WRX"
I'm 18 and couldn't get insurance on one.
And before you ask, I prefer the Wagon to the Sedan and I need the space to fit a drum kit in the back.
>>
File: 2.jpg (3MB, 1908x2356px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
3MB, 1908x2356px
Rear of both.
>>
im on my 6th car and still havent been able to acquire a mk2 gti so cheers to you for that one
im partial to subarus so i also like the impreza

on a side note:
i think you shouldnt have blacked out the emblem
>>
>>14154378
Cheers! Do you mean the VW logo? The GTIs came as standard with the black logo.
>>
>18
>already owns two cars

must be nice to have a rich daddy
>>
>>14154385
I wouldn't know, but I do know it's nice to have been working since I was 16 and paying for everything myself
>>
File: tumblr_msvgbbeY3r1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg (375KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msvgbbeY3r1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg
375KB, 1280x956px
This is how the Golf looked when I bought it... About a year later and the OP is how it is now. Could really benefit from a respray though, but I just can't afford that right now..
>>
File: 23.jpg (570KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
570KB, 1280x853px
The bay was welded and painted, along with bits underneath the car and stuff like that.
>>
It's not perfect but it's my baby.
>>
>>14154431
a-are you cute?
>>
File: DSC_0466.jpg (3MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0466.jpg
3MB, 4608x3072px
>>14154496
Huh?
(also, interior shot of the golf, the impreza interior is nothing special.) The stripe was added to the door cards too after this pic was taken.
>>
>>14154411
Rich
Daddy
>>
>>14154547
post a picture of yourself posing with the car.
>>
I love that gti 8/10
>>
>>14154385
I'm 18 with two cars, but only because the second one was free because they were just going to give it to the junkyard anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 720x960px
>>14154883
This is me the day it was finished and on the road.
>>
>>14156759
R plate, is this the IoM?
>>
>>14156804
Nope, Northern Ireland.
For the yanks, an R plate is the "New Driver" plate. You have to display it for a year after passing your test, and your speed is restricted to 45. I lost my R plates back in October. God I hated them.
>>
>>14156823
My first car is a mk2 golf gti. 2ltr 8v , kent cam, lightened flywheel, 4 branch, full stainless exhaust 280mm brakes, mk4 rear calipers lowered 40mm , polybushed lower arms. I love it! Small bumper ftw
>>
>>14156848
Do the rear calipers make much of a difference and is it an easy swap?
Mines supposed to have small bumpers but the last owner swapped them... The look sorta grew on me so they stayed.
>>
>>14156856
Not to braking but it means i have a handbrake that doesnt stick on. I think you need mk4 calipers, carriers and pads then goodridge do some conversion hoses with banjo fittings on the caliper end. If yours is pre 88 the calipers have to be mounted upside down for the handbrake cable to fit which means bleeding them up off the car
>>
>>14156879
Fair enough, mine doesn't stick at the minute but knowing Mk2s it probably will eventually. The Subaru has taken over daily duties for the minute but I'd say when I get the Mk2 back on the road I'll probably look into that. Cheers :)
>>
>>14154385
I'm 19 and have owned 5 cars (1 Audi, 4 BMWs), also buying a w211 mercedes soon after my 20th bday. My parents have never bought me cars, dad helped me with my first cars insurance though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.