[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mitsubishi in trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: mitsubishi-logo-2.jpg (25KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-logo-2.jpg
25KB, 400x417px
I'm sure Mitsubishi Motors North America will go the way of American Suzuki in the next 5 years. Don't see their cars as much.
>>
>>14153593
MMNA is garbage. MMC should slap their shit.
>>
File: Mits.jpg (124KB, 1604x704px) Image search: [Google]
Mits.jpg
124KB, 1604x704px
Here we go
>>
>>14153593
Yeah, nah.

Unbelievable as it sounds, the Mirage is selling like crazy
>>
didnt they close the plant last year
blame the uaw?
>>
>>14153635
Yea, because it was worthless. It only produced a single model.
>>
Mitsubishi doesnt seem to give a shit about America. Youve got what, like three cars in your lineup?

They outsell everyone in my market except toyota holden ford and mazda.
>>
>>14153600
They're not bad little city cars and chicks love them because they're 'cute'
>>
>>14153654

This. I don't even understand why they won't bring the Triton and the new Montero Sport to North America.
>>
>>14153654
Yea, MMNA hates us.
>>
>>14153691

Rest of the world have these and we get the shitty little RVR.
>>
>>14153691
>>14153694
America is a fucking massive market and lots of money to be made. Maybe the average american person sees mitsubishi in a bad light so mitsubishi thinks no one will buy? Not established enough>? Idk

Mitsubishi has its roots fairly deep in australia, being tied with chrysler in the 70s and having their own local production throughout the 80s and 90s, maybe thats why.
>>
NO. WRONG. well....sadly yes ;-;
>>
If I import an Evo VII and MMNA goes under, will that make ownership any more difficult?
>>
They need to bring back the Eclipse to compete with the BRZ and Miata.
>>
File: 0816151311.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
0816151311.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>14153722
the outlander sport sells decent in the entry level AWD crossover market. the lancer SE sells good around here (under 20k for an awd sedan) and the evos are popular. i see a mirage ocasionally but i see far more tiny hyundais, the big outlander dosnt sell for shit and ive never even seen an i-MEV (not even at the dealership)

>my 2015 lancer SE
>>
>>14153731
Youd be importing most of your parts anyway right, seeing as the 7 wasnt sold in north america.
>>
>>14153744
Point. Would it be better to get an 8 or 9 from the US instead? I think they were sold there but not in Canada.
>>
>>14153722

I don't think so, Mitsubishi has quite a good reputation as a brand and they have been in North America for a very long time. They just hate us, period.
>>
Mitsubishi vs Subaru is like AMD vs Nvidia. The former doesn't have the funds or the userbase of the latter, so they have to compensate by out-crazying them.
>>
>>14153722
Nah, Mitsubishi just doesn't much care about us. Their market is pretty niche, since they focus on off roaders and trucks more so than cars and minivans. Even the Delica is off road focused.
>>
File: consumer-reports-auto-survey.png (422KB, 741x654px) Image search: [Google]
consumer-reports-auto-survey.png
422KB, 741x654px
How come Mitsubishi doesn't make it onto Consumer Report surveys?
>>
>>14153722
>still selling the same lancer with minor cosmetic changes for over 8 years.
>>
>>14153752
evo 7 is waay cooler but it would probably be easier to get an 8/9
>>
>>14153761

Are you implying that Mitsubishi doesn't have funds? Because that's just wrong, they have massive funds they just don't care for much about their motoring group.
>>
File: mitsubishi-l200-cutout[1].jpg (481KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-l200-cutout[1].jpg
481KB, 2400x1600px
>>14153593
Mitsubishi Europe is no better. Outlander, Mirage and ASX are all shit even in the contexts of their respective classes and price brackets, and the Shogun, nice though it is, is a very niche product nowadays.

Only volume seller they make that isn't done both better and cheaper by someone else is the L200.
>>
>>14153795
MMC has a good income, but not massive.
>>
>>14153808
The Pajero is a volume seller, too.
>>
I have seen a few of their new SUVs, EV, and econobox, around Atlanta.

The NAmerican passenger car market is basically a distraction for them. Their money is in medium trucks and small cars in Asia.
>>
>>14153600
>>14153660
I don't know why you'd get a Mirage when you can get a Yaris.
>>
>>14153808
Europe is a tough market
>>
>>14153808

Does the L200 have a diesel engine in Europe? I know they do in Asia and the fuel economy is amazing.
>>
>>14153896
The 4N15 is global for the L200. I don't believe there is a gasoline option.
>>
>>14153593
Mitsubishi, unless an absolute miracle happens, will likely be leaving the NA market.

For the last 10 years they have been downsizing and becoming less and less competitive, indicating they are packing up and preparing to go. The i-MiEV, from what I know, has basically failed, the long running Lancer line is being discontinued (the Evo ending last year), and their two models left that seem to do okay are the Outlander and the Mirage. Even these models have been derided by industry critics as subpar compared to their competitors, but Mitsubishi still could improve their quality.

I think what will likely happen is that those two models will be rebadged and sold by a different company, I have no idea who at this point (if Nissan revives its Datsun brand in North America these two cars would fit it well), and Mitsubishi will disappear, headed back to the Japan/International market where they are strongest.
>>
>>14153593
Mitsubishi, being a part of FHI, has some of the best industrial and financial resources available to them in the auto industry but they haven't flexed their muscles yet. I think they are focusing more in Asia at the moment.

> Aug 2015: This spring, Mitsubishi reported operating profit of ¥500 million ($4.2 million) in North America for the fiscal year that ended March 31, giving the region its first profit in seven years. U.S. sales rose 25 percent through the first half of 2015 to 49,544 vehicles, aided by a strong dollar that made Mitsubishi's imported cars cheaper to sell.
>>
>>14154134
wtf they made a profit on that little bit of sales? damn

gm could never do that...
>>
>>14154134
>Mitsubishi, being a part of FHI
Nigga, what? MMC is their own company. All the Mitsubishi Group companies are. They are very loosely related.
>>
>>14154134
>FHI
nigga, subaru is the one that's part of FHI
>>
>>14153808
That looks more like lifted Ute then a pickup.
>>
Mitsubishi in the early 2000s IIRC offered zero down zero payment "subprime" car leases to anyone who walked in the showroom. Their sales went crazy for a while, then when the payments started a year or whatever later nobody paid and they had to write down some incredible amount of money.
>>
>>14155333
Seems like they're still at it: http://jessielouthan.com/can-mitsubishi-dominate-subprime-market/

>Mitsubishi holds the dubious honour of having customers with the lowest credit scores, out of all of the automakers.

They got burned offering "triple zero" financing: http://adage.com/article/news/beavis-quits-mitsubishi-battles-survival/101285/

>Mitsubishi began offering rich incentives in fall 1998, which grew to so-called triple-zero deals with no down payments, no financing costs and no payments for a year. Although the top brass in 2002 bragged of having the industry's youngest buyers, owners returned their vehicles in droves when payments came due or the cars were repossessed.
>>
File: 00A0A_emwSqk7URSS_600x450.jpg (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00A0A_emwSqk7URSS_600x450.jpg
24KB, 600x450px
>>14153593
Well honestly I think it's a combination of their newer vehicles being too expensive for young people to buy, and Mexicans and white trash driving the older models which are so beat to he'll that nobody wants them.
>pic related, $600 on CL
>>
>>14153836
The Mirage is cheaper. I agree though, Yaris is infinitely better.
>>
>>14154551
No, it's a proper truck, from the ladder chassis to the leaf springs at the rear.
>>
>>14154551
The difference being?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.