[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BMW E61

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: i288855.jpg (52KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
i288855.jpg
52KB, 720x405px
so I recently bought bmw e61 2009 and my idrive (or whatever it is called) indicates that my oil level is critically low. Dipstick shows that oil level is a little bit over normal. Can it be faulty oil sensor or something else?
>>
>>14152828
Possible. Did you get an inspection before you bought it?
>>
forgot to mention its 525d, also during cold weather startup sounds awful for about 2 seconds.
>>
>>14152842
did all visual, mechanical inspection, but my f-ing OBD computer broke down, so no.
>>
i know that obvious answer is to take it to the mechanic with the computer, but maybe someone else had a similar problem
>>
>>14152852
CarlyBMW + Adapter was the best $90 I ever spent. The adapter you'll have to order, but the app is available in the app store (Android or IOS)
>>
>>14152828
Other than that how are you finding it? I have a hankering for an M5 touring in the fleet.
>>
>>14152886
oh man, I had a MINI before and the jump is fenomenal, comfort seats, car is so smooth to drive, quiet and if you put your foot down, it goes like hell
>>
>>14152848
probably nothing to worry about, diesels are finnicky in cold weather
>>
>>14152911
yeah, lets hope so, i really, really like the car otherwise
>>
i am planning to do the oil change in couple days, maybe it will solve the problem
>>
>>14152903
Just a shame they are almost twice the cost of the 4 door.
>>
>>14152928
never had an M5 ,but now thats definetly on my bucket list
>>
>>14152828
>bmw
>2009

bmws haven't had oil dipsticks since 2004. I'm pretty sure the stick you're staring at is your tranny oil.

If it says "engine oil at minimum," just add a quart. The screen just says that to scare people into doing something about it. If it says "critically low," then just change the oil entirely as it was probably almost time to change it anyway.

BMWs tend to go through a quart every 800 miles or so. So just keep topping it off once a month you'll be fine.
>>
>>14152863
this, that carly shit can pull all the ghost codes you want no sweat
>>
>>14152928
you mean the e61 is more expensive than e60?
>>
>>14154633
In the M5 variety, yes.

Though it doesn't matter, because it's not available in the US.
>>
>>14152886
>euros got the e61 m5
>burgerstanians only got the e61 in AWD form using bmw's patented really-heavy-garbage(tm) awd system, and the manual was special order only so they're super rare
;_;
>>
>>14154784
Actually, the N54 powered E61's aren't too bad. I've owned one, and almost bought another.

Once they're decarb'd they're a lot of fun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.