[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carwash thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 20160101_162546.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160101_162546.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Carwash and Detailing! What do you guys use? How often do you wash?
This is my weekly wash supply.

Also:
>wash car before 2 week trip
>garage it and leave
>come back from trip
>tiny bit of dust from the garage
>wash again garage again to escape 2 days of rain so I can pull her out clean
Anyone else this autistic with their washing? I have friends and family that completely do not wash their cars. "The rain washes it" kinda fucks. I don't know how you can't even pay the 3 or 4 dollars to go to the normie wash, let alone not wash your car by hand.
>>
File: P1030129.jpg (2MB, 2000x1421px) Image search: [Google]
P1030129.jpg
2MB, 2000x1421px
this is what i have op
its not a lot compared to most of you, but its enough i guess
>>
>>14152722
Just getting into hand washing.
I like having a clean car, but I'm not too keen on actually washing the thing.
How can I speed up the process?
>>
>>14152722
>What do you guys use?
A profesional

>How often do you wash?
2 - 3 weeks @ £60 a time.
>>
>>14152759
Be methodical. Go section by section and have a clear plan. That way it goes by faster, and you don't miss spots. The cleaner you keep your car, the more satisfying it is to clean. It is also easier to wash a car that was somewhat clean in the first place, which adds incentive to washing your car really well in the first place.
>>
>>14152781
You pay £180 a week to have someone wash your car?
>>
I haven't washed my car in almost a year.
>>
I wash mine every week when it's warm enough. In the winter I take it to a automatic washer to get the salt off.

Nothing fancy, I just use a high pressure washer, two buckets (rise and soap), and a mircofiber scrubber thing. I also use a wheel cleaner on the wheels before I clean the rest of the car.

I dust and vacuum my interior weekly and every other week I clean the interior top to bottom.

I like having a clean car.
>>
>>14152811
Sorry did I stumble into an Ameripoor thread?
>>
>car hasnt ran for months
>collecting dust in the garage
i cry every time ;_;
>>
>>14152843
Just seems excessive to spend £9000 a year on getting your car cleaned.
>>
>>14152722
>garage it and leave
>come back from trip
>tiny bit of dust from the garage
>>14152888
>car hasnt ran for months
>collecting dust in the garage

Buy a fucking car cover.
>>
Griot's Car Wash Soap
Shurhold DA
Meguiars #2 Fine Cut
Mothers Clay Bar
Klasse All in One
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Griot's Best in Show Wax
Meguiars D101
Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant
Mothers Back to Black
Meguiars Hyper Dressing
Sprayway Glass Cleaner

that's pretty much all I use right now, I ran out of a lot of stuff so I substituted some Meguiars stuff until I can warrant a decent order
>>
>>14152722
https://www.youtube.com/user/MattMoreman

this guy is peak autist (45 min discussion on microfiber selection), but he has good advice. it's actually really relaxing to watch, trying to up my game.
>>
>>14152904
I think he mean every 2-3 weeks he gets it cleaned...

I mean I hope that's what he means...
>>
I have a black 03 f150. The paint is really clean and looks nice, but it lacks a certain "Depth" to it, like its slightly faded. I've thought about picking up a DA polisher and trying to bring it back to life. Any suggestions?
>>
>>14153318
The sun will have done it. You just need to buff it back a little.
>>
>>14153388
What do you recommend? I know a lot about washing but not restoring.
>>
>>14153396
You are not really restoring. You are buffing away a thin layer of oxidation, like cleaning a penny. Any mildly abrasive polish will do, use a polishing mop thing that you put on the end of a drill.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.