[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carpet falling out in new car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
What would cause this in a car with less than 1000 miles? Looks like the carpet is falling out. Is it spray in and the adhesive had a problem?

Going to call dealer tomorrow when they open but figured you guys could tip me off (and tell me what an idiot I am etc etc)
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Biggest spot is on the floor but this is not where my foot lays
>>
>>14152133
I drive 5 cars weekly and all of them have removable carpets,
I dont even know wtf are you guys doing over there in Murica anymore, but aren't you suppose to.. you know... remove the carpet every now and than and clean it, maybe outside the car ?

>spray in adhesive
what is happening
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>14152145
>I drive 5 cars weekly and all of them have removable carpets,
Well yeah this has a removable carpet but the rest of the floor is "carpeted" also. You can either put carpet mats down or rubber ones.

But this is the carpet that lines the tub of the cabin.

>>14152145
>spray in adhesive
>what is happening
I imagine that type of carpeting is sprayed it with adhesive. If the glue didn't set correctly or the ratio was off maybe that would cause it to fall out right away? I donno was just a guess.
>>
>>14152159
oh I understood it wrong nwm,
seems like a shitty work, they should get you a new one
>>
american car?
>>
File: why.jpg (89KB, 1044x873px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
89KB, 1044x873px
>>14152222
Nice digits.

Yeah, just dont like the idea of taking a brand new car and having to pull up the insulation/carpet. I guess I'll see what they say. They'll for sure have to fix it.

>>14152251
Indian/British
It's a Range Rover Sport (no bully pls)

I heard the newer Land Rovers were better from a number of people. Because of my back I need a big car. Anyways, so far in 100 miles I had an O2 sensor go bad, and now at 1000 miles the carpet/insulation is falling out.
>>
>>14152276
christ for that amount of dosh that should not happen.

take it back under lemon laws they have to fix it
>>
>>14152276
eu mandated eco friendly biodegradable materials
>>
>>14152280
kek
>>
File: mol-sad.jpg (28KB, 391x357px) Image search: [Google]
mol-sad.jpg
28KB, 391x357px
>>14152279
>take it back under lemon laws they have to fix it
I live in Florida, which has pretty good Lemon Laws, but the problem has to be persistent. Have to give them a chance to fix it. I imagine they will. If it keeps happening, then I'll talk to the sales manager and can talk about buying the car back. If else fails, can go that route.

>>14152280
>eu mandated eco friendly biodegradable materials
That's kind of what I was thinking. At work we had to switch to these bullshit adhesives for a process we do on our manufacturing line, and the first year had all kinds of problems with the glue coming undone. This looks like a similar problem.

Is car insulation put down as a sheet or is that sprayed onto the raw tub?
>>
>>14152316
just get them to reapulstor the car
>>
File: palvinfu.gif (701KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
palvinfu.gif
701KB, 245x180px
>>14152322
>reapulstor
It's upholster. Took me a while to learn that too (no bully intended), it's a tough one.
>>
>>14152343
0h well at least i own gm and not a curryrover

best of luck though for that sort of dosh that shit should not happen
>>
land rovers way of saying you should've ponied up for a range rover and not the sport. like vag produces vw's with shit build quality.

>you don't like interior rattles?
>should've bought an audi then you poor piece of shit
>>
File: effykekk.gif (2MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
effykekk.gif
2MB, 330x186px
>>14152355
>curryrover
Thanks m8

>>14152398
>land rovers way of saying you should've ponied up for a range rover and not the sport.
Haha maybe. I actually wanted the Range Rover instead of the Range Rover Sport originally but that extra foot of length and width is just not needed for me. Basically costs the same to drive the RR as it does the RRS because you can haggle more on the RRs, versus the Sports are really hot down here.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.