[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S2K vs 300zx

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 1451078869868.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1451078869868.png
202KB, 365x363px
I'm on my way to test drive the 300zx for the first time. I whittled it down to either this or the S2000.

Which do you prefer /o/?
>>
>>14150822
S2000 makes a poor daily driver...unless your in school and only need to carry books and beef jerky.
>>
>>14150826
Who carries books to school? Primary school?
>>
>>14150822
They are both shit.

If you want a coupe, get a GT86
If you want a convertable, get a MX5
>>
File: 1402724905710.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1402724905710.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>14150822
I'd rather have herpes.

The S2000 makes too little torque and the 300ZX is too hard to work on. Pic related
>>
>>14150822
Z31 or z32?
Z31 is way easier to work on (and more comfortable and better looking imho)
Z32 stock is faster, but a major PITA to work on
>>
I vote 300zx obviously but I spoke with a guy a while back who had a TT Z32 and switched to a S2000. Said it handles better and "with a super charger and some extra work I can beat your Z."
>>
>>14150822
The s2k. Best transmission, best handling, short shift for economy, redline for fun.
>>
>>14150822
Really different cars OP.

If you want to have a comfy car you can hop in and effortlessly cruise across the state in, go for the 300zx. Its sporty enough that it will be fun on any kind of road.

If you want to tear up back roads or generally want a more intense experience go for the S2K. It wont be encumbered by the comfort providing 'luxuries' of the Z but it will also wear you out faster.
>>
300zx is old, beat to shit and will break down on you; it's 25 years old for fucks sake
s2k is alot newer, has VTAK POWA and is much more reliable
neither are practial
s2k all day
>>
>>14151712
>300zx is old, beat to shit and will break down on you; it's 25 years old for fucks sake
because we have never seen:

S2000 for sale
62k miles
New Transmission and Clutch
>>
>>14150925
Ive used physical textbooks every year of my education and I'm currently a junior in college. I think he means there is only enough room for a backpack or something of the sort.
>>
>>14151616
This ^

If OP wants more power/speed the Z is the way to go. It can do stop light/ highway pulls and some curves but if all he wants is weekend mountain car get the S2000.
>>
>>14150822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v0CF7mxwH8
>>
>>14150826
As opposed to what? How much stuff do you carry to work with you on a daily basis?
>>
>>14151102
Fuck your knuckles, sacrifice them to the gods of the engine bay
>>
>>14151889
Haha he gets it. Plus after some bypasses and deletes it is a lot easier to work on.
>>
So I'm back (OP) and I do like how the 300zx feels, and the seats are a lot more comfy than the s2k during long drives, especially since the car in question had cloth seating.
However there is another choice that arose. The dealership let me test out an FRS that was sitting in their lot. I love the handling and the exterior is GOAT (the 300zx was a bit dated and I was planning on buying a custom front fender).
Right now is really 50/50, especially with the power advantage of the zx.

The s2k is out because it just isn't practical enough.

Final thoughts guys? This thread is really gonna sway my judgement for what car I buy.
Thanks.
>>
>>14152611
fairlady for the fairlady gods
FRS makes you look more like a tool
>>
If you're looking at stuff in the price range of an FRS there's a lot of other sporty options. I ended up getting a BMW 135i. It has a twin turbo 6 cylinder like the 300zx, the interior is comfortable, has a large trunk and back seats that can actually fit an adult. The handling of the car is awesome as well. There's also the 335i with the same motor with a slightly roomier interior. IDK if you're open to American cars but there are a bunch of options for mustangs at least like the mach 1, early cobras, the 05-10 mustang GTs etc.

There's also the 350z but if I were to drive a 300zx tt then a 250z I would probably be missing the torque and power of the turbos.
>>
>>14152611
Buy a TT with good service record, have it checked out by a specialty shop then slap on an updated 99 front bumper and done. Upgrade as you go.
>>
>>14151102
>s2000 makes too little torque
do you understand how gearing can compensate for this or no?
>>
>>14153852
They come with 4.10s correct? Just read it pretty popular to put 4.56 or 4.77 in them. still seems like it would not be enough to beat a TT Z.
>>
S2000

Reliable, easy to work on, handling, redline, looks nice, last great car from Honda
>>
>>14152708
I get where you're coming from with the idea of getting one of the higher displacement BMW models, and I have definitely considered it. It would also be my smartest option. Though the thing is that my dad already has a BMW and I don't like to have two similar cars in the family. I guess I'm just autistic or something, but I like to have variety.
Also, thanks for the recommendation on the different types of Mustangs, I never really looked into them.

>>14153819
I do like the idea of putting a '99 bumper on the front, I want aware they did a face-lift that year. Thanks.

I should also mention that the 300zx is a 2+2 gs model not a TT. I'm a bit too young to get fucked over by insurance, not having rear seats and possibly having to do a difficult repair job due to the turbos all at one time.
>>
>>14154034
You will regret not getting a TT man.
>>
Neither. Buy a Cobalt SS/TC or a Saturn Ion Redline.
>>
>>14154034
if it's not the TT get the S2000. better in every way except space. I had a z31 and had to swap the radiator. Never again. I can't imagine the z32 being much better.
>>
>>14154091
I know I will, but I've gotta go responsible-person mode and not bury myself in expenses. Insurance likes 2+2 and so does my dog. I would get a TT 2+2, but those only exist in anime land.

>>14154159
What about the FRS? It seems like a compromise between the 2+2 300zx and the sporty, lightweight s2k.
>>
>>14154199
Buy a 2+2 then on the side build a TT engine and eventually do a swap?
My insurance wasn't terrible on my Z
>>
The s2k will be a much more rewarding car
>>
>>14154199
>What about the FRS? It seems like a compromise between the 2+2 300zx and the sporty, lightweight s2k.

The FRS is a meme car with no power, bad handling with shit ergonomics. The only reason anybody thinks it is good is because they don't know any better.

The Z32 would be a 60k car in today's money, compare that to a FRS. It might be old, but you are getting something people put a lot more effort into getting right as compared to a FRS.
>>
>>14151102
oh fuck someone saved my engine bay pic

nice
>>
>>14154159
z32 radiator is super easy to remove in non turbo cars
>>
>>14150822
I have owned both.

300zx only if it's a turbo and then you better have money to keep up with the repairs/maintenance. 120k services, bushings, injectors etc etc. They are EXPENSIVE to keep in good shape and not the most reliable engines. The s2000 is HORRIBLE for daily driving. I hated taking it to work (cramped, slow, bad vision) but I LOVED taking it out on weekends.

If you want a reliable, but horrible daily get the s2000. If you want a decent daily with very questionable reliability get the Z. Also the Z has better potential for mods. A nistune, e85 conversion, and full exhaust you are about 500whp.
>>
>>14151112
>z31
>better looking
Get out hipster faggot. That car is horrible looking by any metric.
>>
>>14154314
this
my Z32 has the TT swap and I love it but according my insurance (AAA) it's considered a kit/project car because it has an engine that was never sold in the 2+2 configuration
>>
>>14157881
This the Z will take mods better. Buy a good condition Z, then add exhaust, dual intake, boost controller and E85 and you will be sitting pretty. The parts are expensive if you plan on modifying it so check out sites like conceptz to get an idea of what it will run you.
>>
>>14158523
I have Allstate, and both Allstate and state farm don't care what mods I have, in fact keep receipts and you can have aftermarket parts insured and if it is totaled they will take into account all the parts you have in it.
>>
>>14153852
>i-it turns the no torque into slightly more no-tourque!
>>
Pushing a 300zx to its limits will be just as fun as pushing an S2000 to its limits.

But the 300zx will be more practical when you're not hooning it.

and is better because fuck you.
>>
>>14158760
The z won't be as reliable as the s2k
>>
File: MY7yqBp.jpg (27KB, 383x445px) Image search: [Google]
MY7yqBp.jpg
27KB, 383x445px
>>14151058
>86GT over S2K
how much of an autistic fuccboi can you be
>>
>>14158764
This.

But if you really need a practical car to drive around dogs and shit then why are you even looking at the s2000? I have one and it's fine for me but they aren't excactly cargo vehicles.
>>
>>14158554
yeah it's a serious pain in the ass but I told my adjuster how much I wanted to insure the car for and that's how much I pay
I just had to add up the cost of all my mods myself and keep an excel sheet for all my improvements
>>
>>14150822
S2k.

because top down
ass up
thats the way I like to fuck.
bitches love convertibles.
>>
>>14158764
Personal anecdotal evidence says you're wrong.
>>
>>14158820
Lol okay
>>
If OP buys one that was well maintained and takes care of it or just rebuilds it off the bat he shouldn't have a lot of problems. I doubt he would want to rebuild one right off the bat though.
>>
>>14158540
engine mods on a non turbo are near pointless really, stick with suspension mods
>>
>>14159028
Yeah I keep trying to get him to go TT hence boost controller
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.