[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner Car Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Supra.jpg (506KB, 2300x1533px) Image search: [Google]
Supra.jpg
506KB, 2300x1533px
Hey /o/, I managed to get my truck stuck in the snow tonight, and I realized that I need to know more about how cars work. I don't have any knowledge whatsoever when it comes to cars, so any links to basic walkthroughs of how things work, would like to know about basic engine operation, driveline operation, just basic things really to start. I am looking at buying my first car soon, and suggestions would be nice as well (I am currently reading through the sticky.) Thanks for any help, advice, or anything of the sort!
>pic for attention
>>
ayy
>>
>>14149032
Wrong pic I guess. Wish I could help.
>>
I got my first car roughly six months ago, a Vauxhall nova 1.2. I'd suggest a small engine for cheap insurance. Look for low milages, service history and a car that has been looked after or can be. Do some browsing and you'll get to grips with the do's and don't's of maintaince I'm sure, such as over greasing with under seal a common cover up for big problems underneath.
>>
Nice supra, shame about the wheels
Anyway, engineering explained has a lot of videos explaining how things work, you can read wikipedia articles starting from four stroke engine and moving on from there,.
Look up How differential works on YouTube
Eventually, buy a cheap carbed single cylinder motorcycle and do some wrenching of your own
>>
File: Engine.webm (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Engine.webm
1MB, 320x240px
>>
>>14149032
>Beginner Car Advice
>my truck

You don't have a car.
I hope you found this information useful.
>>
>>14150492
>shame about the wheels

What pleases you people?
>>
>>14152196
cars that don't look like ox carts
>>
Youtube is the best place to start - there are a lot of knowledgeable people posting videos:

Eric the Car Guy
Scotty Kilmer
Engineering Explained (already mentioned)

I also find the antique manufacturer videos to be helpful. Here's one about transmissions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWxZRuBXtw
>>
>>14152324
>Scotty
>>
>can't drive a manual. want to buy a manual car
>just get a friend to teach you.

What do I do?
>>
>>14152579
ask the seller to teach you
It's not that hard
>clutch in
>first gear
>revs up to 2000
>start letting out the clutch until you start moving, and the revs drop slightly
>when you get moving release the clutch fully
>clutch in
>gearstick into new position
>release clutch slowly

Congrats, now you can drive the manual like every europoor
>>
>>14152663
Thanks m8
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.