[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop me while you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 6nvwwn.jpg (24KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
6nvwwn.jpg
24KB, 604x453px
Fourchan, this is not the most original thread ever. But I am about to buy pic attached, WRX 2002. Basic bitch that I am, ca.9000$.
180.000km,100.000 miles. Good condition, complete service history. Exhaust n intake slightly modified, morette lights or original as a choice. Oil is 5W40, but changed frequently.

I have the money, but I should spend it on other things. Plus, I would rather have a marvellous blue/gold blobeye for 15.000$, which I won't spend.

Stop me, please?
>>
>>14148804
> "Exhaust n intake slightly modified"
> Giant front mount intercooler clearly visible in photo
It's been more than "slightly modified" OP. Hold out for a less molested one.
>>
>modded 13 year old WRX

Eeeeeeh.....
>>
>buying a Subaru
>>
>>14148804
Yes do it. Its a fantastic idea. Modified WRXs will only appreciate in value. Run away if there's no monster sticker though. That's a dealbreaker.
>>
Thank you, dear experts and expatriates.
It is not the specific foto, but the almost identical look.

German street law is very strict, the modification is in fact moderate. I will opt for the stock air intake, which the owner has kept.

The car has a cool switch next to the shift stick, which I tried. It turns on 2 blue LEDs in the co-drivers legroom. Thats how "hard" it's modded. I swear to dog!
>>
>>14148841

This, I'd pay $15k for one. You're getting a rly gud deal OP.
>>
>>14148869
you should

most likely it can run down the quarter in less than 17 seconds
>>
The monster sticker is not included.
I can iron it on the hatch, though. I read it on the internet.
The number of these cars (LHD) is very limited in my country. I have 4 dealerships within 25 miles, but they all only sell a small amount/year of foresters to huntsmen. Imagine my place not as texas, it's rather a rural New Hampshire.
The actual owner is a 45 year old man with a mustache, driving 10 miles to work and cleaning its garage every week.
>>
>13 year old wrx with 100,000 miles and nigger mods for 6 and a half grand
subiefags everyone
>>
Are you serious? Don't buy this garbage.

>those wheels
>those lights
>that fucking huge intercooler
>>
File: subiegreen.jpg (136KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
subiegreen.jpg
136KB, 1152x648px
This is an offer today, specs close to the one I have test-driven and intend to buy. I really admit the colour might be a problem. Technically it's got dealer warranty. I would, in my german terms, consider this as not beautiful, but not yet irrational.

The f.cked up models (that we DO have) still look very different. I get your point, but I am just plane white and have reached my 30s. My style could be classified as a very poor Bud Spencer.
I imagine I could form an odd couple with the car. Ain't nobody got time fo dat?
>>
File: autoh.jpg (228KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
autoh.jpg
228KB, 1152x648px
THIS is the actual picture.

Hope nobody will figure out. On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
>>
>9k
>02
>180k

Are you 17? That's a horrible deal I can get a 350z which is superior in every single way with less kilometres for 8k, I can get a turbo cobalt which blows wrxes out of the fucking asphalt for 7k

Why are fags so hung up on wrxes?
>>
>>14148804
Do not ask 4chin for their onions.

If you like the car, buy it and love the shit out of it.
Do what you feel is right.
>>
>>14148968
What part of the world are you from?
>>
>>14148986
Trinidad and Tobago son.
>>
File: 350zcomp.jpg (101KB, 1152x648px)
350zcomp.jpg
101KB, 1152x648px
>>14148968
Nissan has a far better reputation in the US than it has here. The 350z is the first decent 6-cyl. that reached european market. I still try to think independent as good as I can. The attached pic is one of the "entry" offers you get here. 1/10 would not buy.
And a Chevrolet Cobalt, apart from that it's not available here- nobody would buy it.
>>
>>14148989
>Tobago
So, you're from a completely different part of the world, with a completely different used car market, yet you're telling OP it's a rip off because you can get better deals where you are?
>>
>>14148989
>Trinidad and Tobago son
love me some andrew sisters
>>
>>14148999
Trinidad checks these
>>14149000
And Tobago checks these son
>>
>>14148974
thx, my mental stability is just enough, I will only cry silent when in bed. But I am still surprised to hear the negative opinions.

I've worked in french car dealership, and the best spare parts we've had were japanese. My 26yo Mercedes is reaching its limits, needs reworking. But I still consider it great. But that japanese built Impreza impresses me. It's qualitayy to me. I'mma try it, almost sure.
>>
>>14148989
btw- why not buy a boat? Andrew Sisters are still fine, even if singing on the neighbouring islands.
>>
5w-40 ? I thought that shit was for diesel
>>
>>14148804
>Spending even $9,000 on a nearly 14 year old, 100,000+ mile car.
>>
>>14149033
I use it in my 2,3 litres 4-cyl. Taste n performance are ok. Modern diesels mostly use 5W30, which i consider flavoured water. I think subie-forums are into 5W-50, which only differs in some additives and high temperature stability afaik. I not gonna race the car anyway. Not sure though, that's why I mentioned it.

But as you see, it's "hate the hatch", not "consider the details" time
>>
>>14149042
Dear sir or madam- where would you spend your 9000$ ? I can get a VW Polo of 3 years. But I'm so not excited, I just can't hide it. I want to live with 218 PS and some fascination.
>>
Don't spend that much on an old subaru with 100k miles. Find something else or a better deal on a subaru.
>>
>>14149069
ok... It's the markets bottom here. Would have to cancel it then.
I can get a 320CLK (2002) for like 4500$. Same power, but different feeling. Some rust issues, else no big worries from my side. But some love's labours lost.
>>
>>14149058
Probably a VW Polo of 3 years, but it seems that we have different tastes, and that is okay.
>>
>>14149079
Get a civic with a B16 and turbo it. Then you can get the unique driving feel and not spend all your money on a subaru thats bound to shit the bed.
>>
>>14149114
the technical rules make it next to impossible to simply "turbo" a car here. I like Hondas, I really like them. But I don't see a real alternative on our market. I loved the Supra and the NSX ever since. Unaffordable here, at least to me. Only sporty cars I see in range are RX-8 (cheap & triangle) and Mitsubishi Eclipse (ca. 6000 USD). Thats the "jap's" to me. Evtl. Celica GT, 170PS, 6000 USD as well. But very rare, can not tell if/how I get spare parts.
>>
>>14149142
Sounds like your country fucking sucks breh sorry. Just get what you want and what will make you happy, but don't get ripped off. If that's a good price for a WRX where you're at then do it.
>>
>>14148958
DO IT
>>
File: mercCL.jpg (103KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
mercCL.jpg
103KB, 1152x648px
>>14149162
germoney. I can have Mercedeees galore. BMW and Audi as well, but they are not aging as well.
Pic very related. Thats a luxury dream car of 10 years ago for the price of 12 PS4 consoles.
>>
>>14149183
Get that
>>
>>14149185
I am seriously thinking about it. Of course its consuming at least 14 litres on 100km (20 MPG). But I am not doing more than 4000 miles a year atm. Insurance is 300$ more a year, tax as well.

But that's not breaking the deal. I see a bigger risk when technical issues show up. Car electronics. "Check engine" -> check mate. Too many spark plugs, too many sensors, too many ABSsssess.
>>
>>14148936
>>14148958
You're a funny guy.

Don't let people convince you otherwise,if you like it...buy it?
>>
File: DSC_0023.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px)
DSC_0023.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>14149203
Not true at all.

My SLK doesn't break often and when it does it's not difficult to fix.
>>
File: thesituation.jpg (194KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
thesituation.jpg
194KB, 1152x648px
>>14149211
thanks so far. I summed up my situation in this graphic. I will think about your words. Thanks.
>>
>>14149222
the problem is not a SLK. I know the technical basics. The big CL class has 23150 assistance systems and functions, plus some unneccessary low quality plastic parts that may become a problem after 15 years. Plus the issue of a very big scale engine, hydraulics, air pressure n brake system. I can not foretell if I will have my wallet ready for that right when needed. Its still a luxury car.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.