[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every car under 20k new boring as fuck? might as well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1098507710319607879.jpg (63KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1098507710319607879.jpg
63KB, 636x358px
Why is every car under 20k new boring as fuck?

might as well buy 20 corollas or take the bus
>>
>>14148252
>inflation
Compare them to a $7k car in 1980. Because that's the same thing not taking into account some purchasing power, even though that would roughly be the same in that time frame. the base corolla from that time was like $6k. So there ya go.
>>
>>14148252
Can't you get a Fiesta St for around 20k?
>>
>>14148432
$21,460 to be precise.
>>
>>14148252
I'm still waiting for the SFR
>>
>>14148252
If you're really concerned about good deals, just stick with used cars.

Its hard to find good new cars under $25k.
>>
>>14148252
20k isn't exactly much for a whole car. You can't get high performance drivetrains or complex suspension setups out of that money without severely disregarding other factors making a car decent.
Even if you managed to make a potentially exciting vehicle out of that littly money, it would be belittled for being slow, tiny, cheap and probably also not too well built.
People also tend to forget that developing a car, especially one that isn't just a slightly modified boring shitbox and thus needs a bunch of specific parts, actually costs a fortune. And then there's tooling cost coming up. To make a car below 20k you'd want to spread those cost over a very high number of vehicles.
Unfortunately not many people would buy that car though. Those who are passionate enough about cars to be interested would mostly buy something better for more money (or a used one that cost twice as much five years ago), while the typical buyer of cars below $20k wants something practical, economical and reasonably comfortable.
This means that the market is, in the end, really small and specific, and therefore not really profitable.
>>
>>14149400

Is that MSRP or haggle price?
>>
>>14148252
A Pontiac 6000LE was my first car. I still have it
>>
>>14150364
How does it feel being poor?
>>
File: baby-pimp[2].jpg (239KB, 938x380px) Image search: [Google]
baby-pimp[2].jpg
239KB, 938x380px
>Ever buying a new car when you're not the 1%
There is literally every option at every price point you just have to accept how many stat points you get to distribute at your budget. There's really only like five stats

>Power/Speed*
>Handling
>Comfort
>Appearance
>Reliability/Maintenance*
* - Could be two stats

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>14151723
Fairly accurate.

This is why people have different ideas of "what car is gud".

Comfort for example I wouldn't waste a penny on. I just don't care if cars are harsh or loud.
>>
>>14148266
According to Wolfram Alpha, $20k today would be around $6750 in 1980, when a Camaro Z28 cost $7250.
>>
>>14148266
Shit son it's more than inflation

The skin is made of much thinner metal than it used to be (ergo cheaper); plus plastic front ends = cheaper than metal front ends.

Parts are no longer made in Detroit by expensive unions, and are sourced from Mexico, Canada, Korea, China, and elsewhere (ergo cheaper)

Cars cost what they cost now because of what I refer to as the "James Cameron Avatar equasion" where he found that he could make twice the profits off of Avatar than he did off of Titanic by raising ticket prices to a level that did cause a drop-off in sales (half as many saw Avatar than Titanic in spite of the higher profits) but still make more money over the fewer number of customers.

Just look at how Porsche averages $23,000 profit off of each car sold.
>>
Just get a 996 c2s
>>
>>14156931
>generalization
>generalization everywhere

because for no other reason than greedy manufacturers could we possibly place increased car prices.

>safety
>r&d (ergo, what makes prescription drugs so expensive)
>regulation

Not to mention you are getting much more for your money in today's cars than one's from 30+ years ago

So stop being a fucking moron about pricing. The markets changes, so measuring it by the same dynamics isnt just wrong, its idiotic.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.