[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh emissions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

A Cadillac Escalade completely engulfed in flames has the exact same carbon footprint as one idling at a stoplight.
>>
>>14148123
>sources: someone facebook that drives a gasoline/electric hybrid
>>
What do you eco fags want? More MPG or more fuel consumption for less tailpipe emissions?
>>
>>14148123
>carbon footprint
>plants eat up that carbon
>>
>>14148807
>eco fags bitch about carbon
>carbon is the building block of life as we know it.
>>
>>14148800
A ban on assault vehicles.
>>
>>14148817
hello reddit
>>
>>14148800
There's a Bernie Sanders supporter on my facebook who wants to ban ICEs and make any gasoline powered vehicle illegal, in favor of all cars/boats/motorcycles/ATVs becoming fully electric
>>
>The carbon footprint from gasoline
>BAAAAAD
>manufacturing raw materials, processesing them, transporting them, fabricating them into parts, shipping those parts, assembling those parts into a car, transporting the car on a huge ship to the other side of the world
>Lol what carbon footprint?

If you're really worried about then you should kill yourself. That's really the only thing you can do that will actually make much difference.
>>
>>14148833
>you dont have to manufacture raw materials, processes them, transport them, fabricate them into parts, ship those parts, assemble those parts into a car, transport the car on a huge ship to the other side of the world if its a gasoline vehcile
>gasoline vehicles grow on trees

how clueless of you
>>
>>14148123
You should tell that to the anon that just bought one lol
>>
fuck off reddit
>>
>>14148833
If we had the keystone pipeline then we wouldn't have to have it shipped from across the world.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
A 420 hp, 6000 pound car has the same mpg as a WRX STI
>>
>>14149090
I was talking about what goes into making cars.
>>
>>14149107
A 1.3L 150hp rotary gets worse mpg than a 7L 500hp v8
>>
>>14149160
and that 7l 500hp v8 gets worse mileage being driven like a granny in the city than the rotary does being flogged to shit on a race track
>>
>>14149184
Nuh uh
>>
>>14149184
Escalades have active fuel management.
>>
>>14148826
>sanders voter
>wanting unreasonable things
Seems about right.
>>
>>14149090
>wouldn't have to have it shipped from across the world.
Daily fucking reminder we get all of our oil from
>Canada
>Alaska
>the South coast oil fields in the continental US
We do not and have never used middle eastern oil.
>>
I love this thread lol
>>
>>14148813
You sir are a retard.
>>
>>14150023
Why don't they just turn the carbon into diamonds? That way everyone in the world can have icy chains.
>>
>>14150023
It's true. He's right. C02 being described as a pollutant is the height of stupidity. No questions the retards when they say their goal is 0 carbon emissions. That mean genocide on the highest level. The elimination of all mankind, mammals, and life,
>>
>>14150044
You know carbon gets emitted into the air naturally right? You're fucking exhaling carbon right now. The reason it's a problem is because we're releasing way more than gets released naturally and the system isn't fucking capable of absorbing as much as we're releasing.

>wadaya mean he drowned? people need water to survive!
>>
>>14149225
>We do not and have never used middle eastern oil.

so what was the whole oil crisis thing about then? Also 30% of Trinidad's oil and LNG exports go to the US so that's not completely true
>>
>>14150070
>You know carbon gets emitted into the air naturally right?
Yeah no shit dingus. It's like you read my post or something.
And yes the earth is capable of absorbing C02. Did you know that when Mt Pinatuabo erupted it spewed more C02 and particulate matter into the atmosphere than 150 years of human industrialization?
>>
>>14150074
It was about other countries not getting oil. When they don't, they have to get it from somewhere else. That causes a shortage.
>>
>>14148123
my escalades V8 has been modified to run on liberal tears
>>
The problem with human emissions isn't even regular CO2, it's high concentrations of NOx and CO around population centers.
>>
>>14150087
>it spewed more C02 and particulate matter into the atmosphere than 150 years of human industrialization
If you can show me a real source that says that I'd be very surprised. Last year the US alone released 5.6 billion metric tons. BILLION TONS. And that was JUST the u.s., JUST last year.
I googled it and this is what I found: "Volcanoes emit around 0.3 billion tonnes of CO2 per year".
so in other words Volcanoes ALL AROUND THE WORLD, in the sea and everything, emit 1/18th of what JUST one country emits. And the US isn't even the biggest emitter.
>>
>>14150116
Show me a credible source that US releases 5.6 billion metric tons of CO2. I don't believe anyone can measure it. Not for second, since there is no scientific method.
I got the Mt Pinataubo thing from like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel.
>>
File: 1394677007584.jpg (24KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
1394677007584.jpg
24KB, 244x209px
>>14150140
>I don't believe anyone can measure it. Not for second, since there is no scientific method.
>>
>>14150142
When was the last time someone came over to your house to measure? Or your employers?
>>
>>14150140
Mt Pinataubo realeased 300M tonnes of CO2 when it erupted in 1991.
If the 150yr industrial period is 1600-1750 you might be right.
>>
>>14150140
It's not that hard to measure. we know how much coal and oil we use and we know how much carbon gets released per ton of coal and oil.
Not too hard to do that math.

http://edgar.jrc.ec.europa.eu/news_docs/jrc-2014-trends-in-global-co2-emissions-2014-report-93171.pdf
>>
>>14150151
Do you seriously believe that you have to measure every single source to the gram to make an informed estimate? Taking exemplary measurements of a few power plants and industrial installations and other things and knowing how many households they serve allows you to extrapolate the numbers for the entire country with reasonable accuracy.
>>
>>14148123
So. And you point is?
>>
>>14150070
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/09/29/plants-gobbling-up-co2-45-more-than-thought/
>>
>>14150447
>a clear indication for those “CO2 is plant food” scoffers that the plants don’t care what they think.
>>
>>14150470
I know right? Who the fuck FORGETS about photosynthesis when they become an adult?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.