[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about the Scion tc? I have the 07 model.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: Scion-tC.jpg (170KB, 1860x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Scion-tC.jpg
170KB, 1860x1040px
What do you guys think about the Scion tc? I have the 07 model.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fvOg13V5mI
>>
>>14146435
So I guess that would be a no.
>>
>>14146428
It's a fwd, 4 cyl, Japanese econobox. But the styling is ok
>>
>>14146428
Pretty gay.

If your getting a 2 door fwd shitbox you might as well go for a v6 accord coupe.
>>
>>14146495
I didn't know a car could have a sexual preference.
>>
It's bought by 16 year old girls who think it's a sports car, that's about it.
>>
it's got a pretty peppy engine for the size of the car. suspension is better than your average econobox. interior is actually very useful, you can fit a shitton of cargo with the rear seats folded down. your 07 is the better looking first gen, the second gen is fucktarded halfway abortion of a design. with a front lip and skirts it's a nice looking japanese coupe. it will never be a sports car but as a reliable DD it's very good.
>>
Celicas used to look nice. Tc ruined it
>>
File: _20151004_044454.jpg (1MB, 3406x1359px) Image search: [Google]
_20151004_044454.jpg
1MB, 3406x1359px
Gf has one. It's pretty good. I don't like the seating position and has some thick pillars.
>>
it's a decent little daily with some pep and some feels and the hatchback aspect is really practical.
it's the quintessential girlfriend car because it's a cute looking coupe that cannot die from abuse aside from getting regular oil changes
>>
Every time I see tc I wanna race them.
>>
I'd consider one of the second gen cars with the updated 2.5L engine and a 6spd, I really like the liftback design ala-Saab. Mind you, I don't regard it as a sporty car in the least, more of a practical commuter with a nice torquey NA engine in the car the size of a Corolla/Civic. I bet insurance rates are shit for it though.
>>
>>14146428
garbage visually and mechanically
>>
The official car of the automotive equivalent of "GAYMUR GURLSZ"
>>
My Z pisses in your TC's intake, fuck off queer.
Go ahead and benchrace. I've owned more vehicles than you've seen years, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the TC. The interior is 90s KIA tier too.

They are what got me interested in sports coupes again, but they are a letdown in reality. And I am a Toyota fanboi. The 370z blew the TC away in the feels dept, that's why I bought one instead.

The 370z has Jap class with muscle acceleration, and the handling characteristics you'd expect from a traditional two seat rwd coupe making 330+hp at the crank.

You fell for the meme, while people who actually like cars and driving chose any number of quicker sharp handling cars in the price range.
>>
It's a corolla.
>>
>>14146486
whats wrong with fwd, 4 cyl, or japanese
>>
>>14148250

how on earth are these in the same price range
you need to chill out
who cares about interior anyway
>>
>>14148260
>fwd
shit handling
>4 cyl
shit power
>japanese
very cheap plastic interior with lots of cabin noise and little attention paid towards driver experience
benefit of japanese is they're more or less "bulletproof" as a result of simple design, far fewer parts to break and not overengineered as german cars are and not designed by retards like american cars
>>
>>14148273
God damn , you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>14148273
The only engines I like are 4 cyl or rotary
All the others can go to gell
And who cares about interior
>fwd
>inherently bad handling
Ok
>>
It was built for tuning and modification, like a lot of Scions are.
>>
>>14146921
>>14147052
>>14147257

What they said. It's a girls car. Maybe even more girly than a miata
>>
>>14148273
You must not own a car to be baiting this hard and shitposting this much on /o/
>>
>>14148273

This idiot is your typical retarded shitposter on /o/.
>>
I like the clean, simple look of the first gen TC. The new one is pretty horrible however.

The whole Scion brand is a disaster however. Don't know why Toyota doesn't just shut it down and fold it back into Toyota.
>>
>>14149593
...if the FRS was sold at the Toyota GT86 in North America it'd have a better dealer network and some additional heritage cachet. Ditto the TC if they called is the Celica.
>>
>>14147052
is that a pontiac
>>
>>14149593
Why is it a disaster? My Scion works just fine.
>>
>>14149626

I can guaran-fucking-tee you that they studied the hell out of it with bajillions of focus groups and marketing initiatives. Releasing a new model costs an unholy amount of money, doubly so if it's an entirely brand new car like the FR-S/BRZ/GT86. Toyota was also the company that pioneered a method of product management that the top Silicon Valley companies took and adopted, so they do not fuck around and just randomly decide to do things.

It would've been random as fuck to have a Scion Celica when all of the other models have a specific designation (xA, xD, xB) and NO ONE shops a new Toyota looking for sports cars - they would have to make one hell of an initiative bring that back and it might not even be worth it.

Edgy broke teenagers posing as "car guys" might shun Scion just because of the badge, but for the large part that is also the crowd that would rather buy used shitboxes.
>>
>>14146428
shit tier. id rather have a civic.

raced a few tc's just for the lulz

>actually slower than my miata
>>
File: 1.jpg.png (65KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg.png
65KB, 600x360px
>>14149815
The brand is a commercial debacle for Toyota. Especially considering how strong auto sales have been in North America recently.
>>
File: download.png (20KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
20KB, 640x441px
>>14149910
Toyota indisputably fucked up with Scion. You only have to look at the sales. Even the hyped FRS has cratered since it launched: the Scion brand is sales poison.

Saturn and Pontiac were selling many many times over Scion's sales numbers when they were shut down. The only reason Toyota keeps it around is a stubborn refusal to admit their vision failed.

If you remember, when Scion launched the idea was the cars would have one trim and firm pricing, and customers would customize them at the dealership (this was before riceing went massively out of style). It's a brand targeted at a demographic that totally doesn't exist: wigger millennial with money to buy a new car.
>>
>>14150795
Whether or not you're right, I did in fact look past the FR-S because of the scion badge.
>>
>>14146428
two door corolla
>>
>>14148250
car culture is so stupid.
>>
>>14150795
fr-s didn't bomb because of the scion brand. If that was the ase the brz would not have suffered the same fate but it did.
>>
i have a 2012 tc and i love it, the people on here who are bashing them are just retarded and don't know how to tune a car. yeah i'm sure your 35k dollar car is faster than it, maybe that's because you paid 35k dollars for it. if i dumped the difference of what someone paid into tuning my tc than what they did for their car stock it would go so much faster than it their heads would spin.
>>
>>14147165
insurance is actually not really all that bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>14151148
>tfw my 5k car is faster
>>
Subaru 86 sales are doing worse than Scions by a long ways, so it's not the brand.

If I was to buy either I'd get it as a Subaru since it seems more legit. But then if I was buying a sports car in that price range I'd get a Miata like everyone else...
>>
>>14148273
Not even trying mane. What is up with newfags
>>
>>14150749
It's a marketing problem. I never see or remember scion commercials.
>>
>>14151251
Name the 5k car you bought brand new.
>>
File: ericb82312.jpg (16KB, 360x403px) Image search: [Google]
ericb82312.jpg
16KB, 360x403px
>>14146428
Just a camry missing 2 doors with angsty teen styling.
>>
File: ricer.jpg (39KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
ricer.jpg
39KB, 600x443px
>>14151496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY2Haja1xps
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.