[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things you can't believe other drivers do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: shiggy.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>people who pay for gas with cash or debit instead of credit
>people who pay more for full serve (when self-serve is available)
>people who pay cash for tolls when E-zpass is available

>people who rice old cars up
>people who put bumper stickers of any form on their vehicle
>people who put their front license plate on their dashboard in a state that requires front plates
>people who put plastic covers on their licenses plates and think it's not illegal (for obstructing the plate)
I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
Fascinating blog op
>>
>>14146321
This is a thread to discuss the idiotic/poor decisions of other drivers as a community that you observe. 4chan is not a blog, and this post is not a blog post.
>>
>credit
Man yor post just sucks
>>
>>14146332
>muh daily driver problems
try jalopnik this sounds like something that would be on there
>>
>>14146316
How do I unsubscribe
>>
>>14146333
Let's go over payment methods.
>cash
Have to go inside, wait, pre-pay fuel, pump, and either not pump a full amount or go back inside for change. Pass.

>Debit
I swipe my debit card. The gas station puts a hold on my debit card for $75-$150 that remains for days. If someone installed a skimmer in the gas pump, and they use my card for fraud, and I don't notice the charge within 48 hours of it being made, I'm liable for up to $500 per charge.

>credit
I swipe my credit card and pump fuel. I get 5% cashback at any gas station of any brand. If someone steals my credit card info, I am not liable for any fraudulent charges. I pay no more than I would on debit or with cash since I pay my bill in full each month.

Only a luddite or criminal would use cash, and only a fool would use debit.
>>
When you pay for gas witch credit different stations do all kinds of weird shit like placing large dollar holds or not processing at all until as much as a week later. That shit drives me nuts.
>>
>>14146341
>implying Gawker blogs are not pure unadulterated cancer
A typical comment on /b/ seems brilliant relative to the comments on Gawker blogs.
>>
>>14146351
Nobody gets your mental disorder
>>
>>14146357
this thread is exactly some shit you would see there.

>omg daily driver problems xD
>ppl r so dum!!
>car guy reporting in!
>>
File: umad.jpg (21KB, 364x325px) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
21KB, 364x325px
>>14146358
>I have no real retort to proper reasoning so I'll just accuse the other guy of being mentally ill.
Ad hominem attacks are not real arguments, friend.
>>
>>14146372
I'm not even that guy you replied to but whatever you said prior is not "proper reasoning" you're just paranoid to the point where you're mentally ill

Go try and be smart somewhere else
>>
>people who drive too slow
>people who drive too fast
>people who put on their hazard lights when it starts to rain
>>
File: pepsi man.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi man.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>14146316
>>14146351
>having to prepay cash for fuel
>having toll roads at all
>>
drive American
>>
>>14146351
Just because you have a shitty bank doesn't mean the rest of us do.
>>
People forgetting how to drive in winter time, or believing that winter tires are the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>14146351
>The gas station puts a hold on my debit card for $75-$150 that remains for days. If someone installed a skimmer in the gas pump, and they use my card for fraud, and I don't notice the charge within 48 hours of it being made, I'm liable for up to $500 per charge.
this is a bank issue, not a debit issue. what garbage bank do you have?
>>
>>14146316
>>people who pay for gas with cash or debit instead of credit
I stared paying with my credit card, but would regularly forget to clear the debt in full each month so when back to paying with the debt card.
>>
>>14146351
> In England, land of freedom
> Pump fuel, go in and pay however you like
> Pay at pump? Insert card, type PIN, remove card, pump, push for receipt, leave.

> Use a debit card
> Money goes out instantly
> Machines checked regularly for anything awry

It looks like America just has shitty banks. I bet they even charge you a monthly fee for the privilege of having them hold onto your money, too.
>>
>>14146602
dude f*cking epic
>>
>People who drive
>>
>>14146316
I live next to a gas station that has gas cheaper if you pay with cash.
>>
>>14146726
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/unattack.pdf
tl;dr Criminals can compromise readers and then generate fake EMV transactions at ATMs and other terminals that look cryptographically sound to your bank. Your bank insists that your chip/pin was used and you get stuck with the fraudster's bills on your account.
>>
>>14146316
Full serve is great when you don't want to get out of the car. Like my grandpa.
I'm in a country without toll roads. Even if I go across the border, getting an EZ pass or similar system makes no sense.
Rice is always retarded, not just on old cars.

>>14146351
Or, in sane countries:

>arrive at pump
>pump gas
>go inside
>pay
I have a costumer card, so I always get that 5% (usually more) discount regardless of payment method.
>>
>>14146994
>costumer card

That's kind of cool i guess, what kind of costumes do you wear?
>>
>>14146994
>costumer card
>constantly dressing up like a child on halloween to procure a 5 percent discount
In the US, my credit card does that for me, and most gas stations offer a discount for having a loyalty card beyond that.
>>
>>14147008
>>14147014
Customer card. Jesus guys, I'm on my phone and quite drunk. Didn't know it was called a loyalty card in proper English.
>>
>>14146716
>>14146643

This is an issue with using a debit card at the most fundamental level. If your Debit Card is compromised, then your source of income is directly affected. Your bank will investigate and deal with the matter, yeah, but you're shit out of luck until they do, so if you've got bills due, guess how fucked you are.

A Credit Card is an extra layer of protection to your money. With a credit car, you're not held liable for the charges until the payment is actually due for that statement date, (which basically means about a month). Even still, once you report the charges, the credit card company will remove them from your account during the course of the investigation.

That's not even mentioning the NUMEROUS benefits that a credit card has over a debit card. Seriously, there is ZERO legitimate, practical reason to use a debit card over a credit card.
>>
>>14146351
>>Debit
>I swipe my debit card. The gas station puts a hold on my debit card for $75-$150 that remains for days. If someone installed a skimmer in the gas pump, and they use my card for fraud, and I don't notice the charge within 48 hours of it being made, I'm liable for up to $500 per charge.
Get a better fucking bank you twit.
>>
>>14146351
>I pay no more than I would on debit or with cash
Sometimes you get a discount at gas stations if you pay with cash. I know where I live, there was one station that would take $.05 off the gas price if you paid with cash.
>>
>>14146316
>American Problems
>>
>>14147229
This is rare; when it does happen, the surcharge rarely exceeds the 5% rewards for using my visa.
>>
>>14146316
>not using parking brake because muh automatic is in park
>>
>>14146316
Why would I borrow money to pay for something I can afford?
>>
>>14148434
your answer is here >>14147051
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.