[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Mercury Marauder? I personally love it but a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

Thoughts on the Mercury Marauder? I personally love it but a lot of people seem to have an unnecessary amount of hatred for it since it's a panther car. Why /o/ why?
>>
>>14144587
Boomer taxed all out of proportion to what you get.

At the same time chrome exhaust tips, chrome wheels and all-black body motif scream ghetto trash
>>
File: white bread.png (428KB, 780x550px) Image search: [Google]
white bread.png
428KB, 780x550px
it's a panther car, so it's going to be embroiled in pretend-police-car-hate until the very end. it's also a car that jalopnik loves, because jalopnik is full of normies, and normies love sleepers. especially shitty, factory-stock sleepers. it's also an archetypal boomer car, because muh v8 and muh landbarge and muh ferd.
>>
>>14144587
Pretty sweet car but I'd rather an LX Sport with a used blower for less money.
>>
>>14144829
> Sleeper
It has to go fast to be considered a Sleeper
>>
Crown-Vics have been a guilty-pleasure for me so i love the Marauder.

Wanted to own one for the reliability alone but i couldn't find any decent ones with low miles in my area.(yea i know they are outdated and get shitty gas mileage)

Going to get nostalgic when these eventually start getting more and more rare and phased out.

>dey took muh policed-out land-barge!!
>>
its a Crown Vic lel

thats all I need to know to not take it seriously
>>
>>14145271
I just bought a Crown Vic interceptor and it is pretty awesome, i've always wanted one since i saw jimmy fallon & queen latifah in Taxi
>>
>>14145329
stop that isn't funny anon
>>
>>14145204
>It has to go fast to be considered a Sleeper
This. I want to like it for being a fast landbarge, but it's really just a landbarge.
>>
File: DSC_2027.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2027.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
It's loved and hated even in the Panther community.

First, it's the heaviest Panther because it's fully loaded, the DOHC motor is 100 pounds lighter than the SOHC too. Second it's overpriced for what it is because of the rarity. Third is the engine, the SOHC has more torque under 3,500 rpms so a Crown vic is actually faster off the line. The DOHC can get very expensive to make power out of. So if you want a fast Panther then it's not really the best option, if you want the nicest example of panthers made then it's perfect for you.
>>
File: 2343657346456754634.jpg (22KB, 477x356px) Image search: [Google]
2343657346456754634.jpg
22KB, 477x356px
>tfw the marauder could have been THE 4 door mustang but Ford made them limit the HP so it wouldn't fuck with stang sales
>>
Is it true that buying a Crown Vic will keep people away from you on the road?
>>
>>14145381
They will drive slower around you. Leave home 15 minutes early.
>>
>>14145381
At night it seems to work but not really. You do get lots of stares.
>>
Marauders are cool Opie; half the people here are benchracing like fuck

>>14145381
I can't remember the last time I saw a CV police car. It's been a while. seems like they already died out here.
>>
File: 200.gif (1015KB, 279x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1015KB, 279x200px
>>14145365

I think I've seen your car several times on /o/ now.
>>
File: DSC_0441.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0441.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>14145441
That's pretty good since I've been posting it since acquiring it over a year ago.
>>
File: 01-marauder-convertible.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
01-marauder-convertible.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>14145376
There was also supposed to be a 2-door convertible version.
>>
File: ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png (378KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png
378KB, 500x375px
>>14145746

Looks like a fucking convertible sebring

>Yfw in the later years Ford never even put the 4v in even the Lincoln Towncars

>My panther is sitting dead now since it started missing on 3 cylinders a night ago, all on one side
>awful feel when I don't know if it's going to be worth it to fix.
>>
>>14145752
Sounds like a head gasket. RIP.
>>
>>14145757

I tell you what man.
This happened last year. I was driving to work and it missed on 3 cylinders.
I literally just sucked the water out of the cylinders and it drove fine, even through major spouts of full throttle.
Until now, winter, again. An entire year later since it acted up the first time.

In between that time, I replaced the intake because I busted the old one. From all the high revving. So now I have the metal where the thermostat housing is.
I just don't know though.

Something tells me I'm gonna be able to get by.
Something else tells me I need to look into buying timing shit.
>>
>>14145764
If it needs timing shit as well as a head gasket, it might be cheaper to replace the engine with one from a junkyard.
>>
>>14144587
>unecessary

no, the car is beautiful and puts out a lot of power. It's only good for cruising, and drag stips, but it would be a lot of fun to own.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-03 at 09.46.26).png (18KB, 86x80px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-03 at 09.46.26).png
18KB, 86x80px
>>14145767

Yeah, worse comes to worse. I can find 2vs for days.
What's just so fucking weird though, is how the first time this happened it was fine after just crudely getting the water out and replacing the sparkies.
Cars are fucked man.
When it acted up the first time, I had to get through a lot of snow.
Now it's acting up again and we've been getting a fuck load of rainstorms.

It's a mystery to me how water is getting into these 3 select cylinders.
Can anyone throw me some possibilities as to how, that's not a headgasket? Not to try and trick myself into thinking that's not a possible problem.
I just want to know how any other ways water can get in and retard my combustion.
>>
>>14145774

Leak down test.
>>
File: 13066237318.png (16KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
13066237318.png
16KB, 550x375px
>>14145774
>this is what happens when you buy a (probably high mileage) late 90's vehicle
>>
>>14145795

Almost two years and $1000 though.
Lincoln towncar with everything working except the engine now.
I got a good deal, since now I've got more money than I've ever had just from working.

150k though. So take that as you will.
>>
>>14145390
So this car isn't ideal for an introvert like me, huh?
>>
>>14145803
I have a lot of experiences with mid to late 90's vehicles. All of them bad. It was just a shitty time for car production, unfortunately. Everything American was being built like shit, with shitty ass parts. This is why the foreign market did so well.

Anyways, I've had 3 American cars from that year model, that all took a shit on me. And I ALWAYS, serviced them properly, regularly, and treated them nice

99' Grand Am Gt: Fucked up intake manifold gasket, 3.4 liter V6. Died at 115k

94 Firebird ( it had the horrible 3.4 L v6) :died by blowing a head gasket, at only 85k.....85 fucking thousand. That is nothing. It was worth more to buy a new car

01' Monte Carlo SS: had a piston disintegrate in the engine block. I swear to fucking god I changed the oil regularly, and gave it good maintenance
>>
File: 2015-12-25.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>14145837

Euro here.

Had Chrysler Stratus and didn't really have any serious problems with it. It was on pair with euro cars quality vise.

Always wanted Crown Victoria but it's suicide with taxes, fuel prices and availability of spare parts here.

Also why is Vic popular but almost no one talks about Caprice?
>>
>>14145888
>a Chrysler Stratus

As an American, that's funny to hear. It's Dodge/Chrysler, but we just call it a Dodge Stratus.

Anyways, that's interesting that you didn't have any troubles with that car. Because it's notorious (at least in my mind) for having engine issues, and being a terrible car. In the mid 2000's I'd take a look at car buy/sell magazines and there would be pages flooded with Stratus'. Because people wanted to be rid of them.

The Crown Vic is so popular because it's been in the public eye so long. It's cheap, affordable, and relatively easy to fix.

That being said, the Caprice is LEAGUES ahead of them. Most Caprices came with an LS1, and they are fucking awesome. They sound better than the crown vic, and ride better imo.

People probably don't like the caprice because it's a land barge, but I LOVE THEM.
>>
>>14145888
The only desirable Caprice was made in 1995 and 1996. They are talked about but it's hard to find a good one. After 2003 the Crown Victoria was leagues ahead in the handling department.

>>14145912
They had the LT1

>>14145808
It has a little bit of special snowflake status. Everyone will be admiring your car.
>>
Cool cars, but over rated and over priced.

The bean counters really killed what could have been a great car, instead we got a water downed dressed up grand marquis that was barley faster then a p71 or decade older Impala SS.
>>
>>14145888
>tfw Eurofag and would also own a Crown Vic if I was a murrikan.
>>
>>14145808
I'm an introvert and I have one. the attention gets annoying sometimes, but you get used to it.
>>
>>14147942
>tfw everyone wants you to play cop with your p71
>>
>>14145365
>>14145509
Quit posting your baby blue landbarge you sloppy faggot. I've seen it hundreds of times and as impossible as it sounds, it gets uglier every time I see it. No one wants to see >muh P71 >muh sick skidzz with that god awful chrome grill either

Panthers blow cock and the only people who buy them are scrawny nerdy manchildren who got bullied and school and willingly buy it with the thought it will allow them the power and control on the road they were denied their whole lives
>>
File: Optimized-Glass-of-milk-1.jpg (86KB, 344x432px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-Glass-of-milk-1.jpg
86KB, 344x432px
>>14149619

Damn ma nigga have a glass of Milk you seem like you had a shitty New Years or something.

(happy new years btw)
>not the person you are replying to.
>>
>>14149647
The Soul Game:
Don't walk past mirrors in the dark.
Don't leave any doors open to your room when you go to sleep.
Side Note: A creak means you’re falling behind, a rustle means you’ve almost lost. When the lights go down, hopefully you won’t see the dark shadow standing in the corner of the room. Hopefully you won't hear it breathing as your eyes shut and you begin to drift off. And if you hear a bang? Well, hopefully you never hear a bang.
Oh and rule 3: Once you know all three rules you are a player.
You win by telling more people about the game, than the person you told you about it, that would be me. I'm am free.
>>
>>14149619
>No one wants to see
speak for yourself autistismo,
I do.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.