[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craigslist: Am I Getting Scammed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: craigslist-scams.jpg (22KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
craigslist-scams.jpg
22KB, 300x250px
Selling my car. Its an old semi-classic in good condition, selling at a normal price. Buyer made an offer about $1k less than asking price ($5000). Buyer texted me and asked questions including stuff I mentioned in the ad. He is flying here to buy the car and drive it home. He says he will pay cash. Could this be some kind of scam?

>We agreed to do the sale at the local police station
>He will be paying cash
>>
How the fuck would it be a scam if he's paying cash.
>>
>>14143886
Unless he shows up with zimbabwe dollars I don't see how. the rest sounds like the typical bullshit you get from any craigslist transaction
>>
>>14143900

Counterfeit bills? I unno, the fact that he's flying here and the fact that the deal was possibly too easy makes me suspect. I plan to bring a counterfeit pen.
>>
sell it in front of a bolice station so he doesnt carjack u or something
>>
>>14143886
WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF CAR IS IT YOU MASSIVE FAGGOT?
>>
Some people just can't read properly, see >>14143917
>>
>>14143886

what kind of car op? just bring that counterfeit pen

and prepare to get robbed/stabbed
>>
Someone flying out isn't really that weird. A customer of mine sold his RV to a rich guy who flew out to see it and drove it home.
>>
>>14143960
WHATCHU TRYNA SAY CUZ
>>
How is he going to get to the police station?
>>
Doesnt sound like a scam to me
>and ive sold/bought a lot from CL
>>
Almost thought this was me for a minute. Checked out a car a couple states away while I was there for Christmas, offered $8000 for a $9000 car, asked a few questions and took it for a test drive, and planning on driving for 6 hours back to buy it when both of us are available. Makes sense that he would fly if he hasn't got anyone else willing to drive him all the way there to buy it, maybe he just figures it's cheaper to do it this way than buying any of the ones closer to him.

Anyways, probably not a scam if it's real cash, but there's a good chance there are still some forms you all need to work out.
>>
>>14143916

Thats a good idea. If he all of a sudden wants you to use pay pal or some other shit, run.
>>
just go with him to a bank and get a cashiers check if you care that much
>>
>>14144409
Uber
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.