[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jaguar - What are they doing wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: apex-gt3-jaguar-xkr.jpg (55KB, 644x369px) Image search: [Google]
apex-gt3-jaguar-xkr.jpg
55KB, 644x369px
Their sales always seem to be below that of the Germans, Lexus and Cadillac.
Their motorsport efforts are lackluster, their cars always also-rans?

What do they need to do to get their image back? What do they need to do to crawl out of the shadows of the other sports car brands?
>>
>>14141004
get gud
>>
File: Jaguar F-Type Pikes Peak.jpg (33KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar F-Type Pikes Peak.jpg
33KB, 636x358px
Hook back up with TWR.
>>
>>14141004
I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. Jaguar has seen six successive years of global sales growth, their cars tend to receive excellent reviews, and they haven't seriously been involved in motorsport for some time; this Formula E thing they're going for might be the start of some sort of comeback, or it might not. We shall see.

Regardless, they're doing just fine.
>>
>>14141004
Rebuild their reputation.

Old Jaguars are unreliable as fuck. Their newer cars are semi popular here, but are generally outcompeted by german cars on luxury and Aston Martin on performance.
Their attempts to reform that have involved screwing around with a rebaged, re-fronted Mondeo.

I think they just need to decide on one thing and do that thing well.
Otherwise, they're a small company, especially in the USA. Niche market.
>>
op in what world are you living in
>>
>>14141022
That'd be hard since they went bust in 2002 from an unsuccessful foray into F1, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

It'd be fun to see them working with a race team again, though. Triple 8 Jaguar gts and Touring cars might be fun.
>>
>>14141063
Wurt? Since when has Jaguar competed with Aston? The only car that has the least bit of overlap is the F-Type, the very most expensive of which just touches the very cheapest v8 Vantage. And if anything, I'd imagine the F-Type R would outrun the Aston, not the other way round.
>>
File: jaguar xj interior.jpg (2MB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar xj interior.jpg
2MB, 1800x1350px
i actually really like them right now, the XE is great from what i hear, like cadillac ATS good for handling and feels, and the interior on the 2011+ XJ is extremely pretty, I'd love to own one as a daily (with a really good aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty...).
>>
File: 1959.jpg (100KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1959.jpg
100KB, 500x326px
>>14141106
>Since when has Jaguar competed with Aston?
>>
>>14143100
>50 shades of brown redux
>>
File: 2017-Jaguar-F-Pace.jpg (41KB, 752x376px) Image search: [Google]
2017-Jaguar-F-Pace.jpg
41KB, 752x376px
>>14141004
>What do they need to do to get their image back?
THIS.
>>
>>14144072
dear god no. Not more SUVs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.