[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supercars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: p1.jpg (674KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
p1.jpg
674KB, 1280x782px
>buy a Ferrari for status
>buy a Lamborghini for attention
>buy an R8 for personal luxury
>buy a Viper for track day
>buy a Pagani for exoticism
>buy a 911 for driver enjoyment
>buy a GT-R for practicality
>buy a Veyron if you hate the poor
>buy a Corvette to maintain relations with the common man, since it's cheap enough that a "self made" person could afford one

Can we agree this is a decent assessment? Not sure about McLaren.
>>
3 of those cars just don't belong there. Can you guess which 3 are kinda the same?
>>
>GTR
>practicality
I'd say GTR is honestly for a humble rich person.
>>
The only people who buy GTRs and Vipers anymore are the people who like performance.

The Viper hasn't been a big image car since like the early 2000s
>>
I don't give a shit. If I could, I'd buy what I want, because I want it.
>>
>>14138543
Id say youre a retard
>>
>>14138530
>all this neat categorisation
do you legit have autism?
>>
>>14138539
Bugatti
Lamborghini
Pagani
These are not super cars, they're hyper cars
>>
>>14138530
>>buy a Corvette to maintain relations with the common man,
Specifically your mechanic.
>>
>>14138530
People shit on the corvette but always forget how cheap it is compared to all of the other cars on your list, personally I love the idea of fulfilling the american dream and living out your days in a red convertible 7th gen corvette, gives me something to aspire to
>>
>>14138530
>pigeonholing everything

If you really need to compartmentalize and label such things, you are probably on the spectrum. In reality, the world isn't so hard lined out.
>>
>not buying a Koenigsegg
>>
What about porsches?
>>
File: Ghost-Koenigsegg-l.jpg (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-Koenigsegg-l.jpg
220KB, 1500x500px
>>14140497
FUCKING THIS.
post based Koenigsegg
>>
>>14138530
meh. i'd get a ferrari because I like the looks and heritage, as well as performance.

also, GT-Rs are for benchracers that only care about track times, if you really want to compartmentalize
>>
>>14140620
Good goy falling for their marketing
>>
R8 people buy for I AM IRONMAN.
>>
File: 1437024969043.jpg (27KB, 275x366px) Image search: [Google]
1437024969043.jpg
27KB, 275x366px
>>14140630
>liking how Ferraris look means you've been brainwashed by jews
>>
>>14140326
Others view the Corvette as "the poorman's [x]"

My dad hates the Corvette, and lusts after Ferrari and Porsche models.

Me I'd be happy with an Ecoboost Mustang right now.
>>
>>14140630
because heritage is marketing, aesthetic preferences are forced upon you by marketing, and verified performance figures are made up by marketing...
>>
>>14140497
>autotragic
give me snek or give me death
>>
>>14140503
>buy a 911 for driver enjoyment
>must be a fort 911
>>
the gtr is for a tuner. It's the tuners supercar.
>>
>>14140620
>ferrari
>performance

Yeah nah just get a lambo or gtr those are actual performance oriented supercars meanwhile ferraris are for rap videos and for kylie jenner to parade around in as if it were a new handbag
>>
>>14140948
I think he means about what you said about the GTR
>>
>>14145186
>lambos
>not rap video cars

are you retarded? lambos are the most rapper cars there are. that and bugattis. Also, until the aventador, modern lambos were crap performance cars. If you look at stats for ferraris, you see they are in fact, very fast, and can absolutely compete with lambos. I have actually been in a ferrari, which you of course have not. it was damn impressive, and it wasn't even a new model.
the gtr is a soulless self-driving laptime machine, and while it will beat a ferrari (and any lambo other than the new sv) it is missing the heritage, looks, and feels of a ferrari.
>>
>>14144420
If it's raining, you'll get both.
>>
>>14145186
not to mention ferraris F1 team (the most successful ever), hypercar (where are nissan and lambo there?), and GT racing success.
>>
>>14145207
that wasn't me. just another non-retard
>>
>>14140990
>Others view the Corvette as "the poorman's [x]"
Because it is! The Z06 variant has the performance similar to a 911 Turbo at a very cheaper price.
>>
>>14140326
>american dream
What exactly it is? I have seen people saying it around and didn't understand it.
>>
>>14146289
Not gonna happen until it snows here in Dubai.
>>
>>14140620
>MUH HURRITAGE

Ferrari literally fucks their customers up the ass.
>>
>>14146278
>lambos are the most rapper cars there are. that and bugattis.

Anyone remember the early-mid 00s, when every video had a tacky Royce, or Escalade on huge ass RIMZ YO?
>>
>>14144420
>Regera
>no gears
>no automatic
>>
>>14146390
well at least you get assraped by a sexy, classy italian lady and not a japanese shemale or bbc
>>
>>14146390
the heritage is there tho...
>>
>>14147053
you mean sumo wrestler. GTRs are heavy as fuck.
>>
>>14146278
>muh heritage
>muh pedigree

Anyhow the sv aventador will run with a la ferrari shitcunt. Ones a supercar and the other is a hypercar. Meanwhile a 150k gtr nismo(which is a marginally faster version of a 100k car) keeps up for a literal fraction of the price. Normal fags will still have their eye caught by a gtr. You dont even need to go italian for that
>>
>>14147231
a)why you gotta hate on heritage? Ferrari actually does have a long history of producing great racing and road cars. Certainly more than Lamborghini, which came about partially because of ferrari, and nissan/datsun.
b) the point wasn't that the sv can't keep up, it's that ferrari makes a hypercar, which demonstrates that they care about speed/performance to a high degree.
c) the point is not to impress normies, but to enjoy the car. I would not enjoy a GTR anywhere near as much as a ferrari, for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>14147509
not >>14147231 but
a) Heritage has not effect on performance, unless you're buying an F40 you can take your heritage shit and put it back in your ass
b) >it's that ferrari makes a hypercar, which demonstrates that they care about money to a high degree
ftfy
c) >the point is not to impress normies, but to enjoy the car.
So why aren't you getting hard over an ariel atom or an m3
>>
>>14147231
>buying a car to impress over people
you should get a new hobby
>>
>>14147610
are you fucking thick? I have already stated that performance is not the only thing I care about. stfu and go shitpost and benchrace with Alphonse, wherever he's got to.

anyway, i would, and have, enjoyed a ferrari more than an old 911 (can't remember which exactly, think it was a g-series) and an e-type. I personally don't like the m3 much and the atom is a fun track toy, but that's it.

also, >>14147651
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.